IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-12, 06:10 PM
rockopico
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,

Where are you installing the GPS antenna when you install these units? My buddy installed his under the vent on top of the unit itself and can't get a signal. He didn't want to put the antenna on the dashboard because he thought it looked stupid. Now he's trying to edit the sys.txt file in the iGo directory as a way to solve the "autodecting DPS" message he gets continually. Did anyone else install the gps antenna inside the dashboard that may have a solution?? If so, please post it. My antenna is the corner of the windshield on the dash and it looks really stupid to me. I'd rather put it in the dash as well if others have had success.

Thanks for your response.
Old 11-06-12, 08:52 PM
Asher
Rookie

i put mien at the side of the glove box open the door and pul that side plastic its only clips and i have good recption
Originally Posted by rockopico
Hey Guys,

Where are you installing the GPS antenna when you install these units? My buddy installed his under the vent on top of the unit itself and can't get a signal. He didn't want to put the antenna on the dashboard because he thought it looked stupid. Now he's trying to edit the sys.txt file in the iGo directory as a way to solve the "autodecting DPS" message he gets continually. Did anyone else install the gps antenna inside the dashboard that may have a solution?? If so, please post it. My antenna is the corner of the windshield on the dash and it looks really stupid to me. I'd rather put it in the dash as well if others have had success.

Old 11-07-12, 04:12 AM
Asher
Rookie

Default day time pic with 09 air vent

heres a few day pic with 09 airvent i got from sewell
Attached Thumbnails Found Flyaudios Manufacturer-img_0536.jpg   Found Flyaudios Manufacturer-img_0539.jpg  
Old 11-07-12, 05:49 AM
RA061124
Pit Crew

Hey Guys,

The dps has a magnet on the back, so all I did was attach it to the metal bracket that the radio unit has, right behind the screen (below the vents) and I haven't had any problems with signal at all.
Old 11-07-12, 06:57 AM
rockopico
Rookie

Originally Posted by IamNate
Alright guys that own this unit, here is some instructions to get that stupid startup screen changed. I hated the Infotainment System crap, so I changed mine to a more factory look. I grabbed this pic

1) create a logo.bmp file in 800x480 in 24 bit format or use this image.
2) put this on your sd card
3) turn on the unit; the logo will auto install and remove the image from the sd card
Disclaimer: The previous logo will be gone for good.

Good luck and you can use any image you want, just make sure it is 800x480 pixel jpg image.
Ummm...yeah...that didn't work at all. Now I still have the "infotainment" screen at startup, and the Lexus .bmp file sits on my screen until I push a bunch of buttons to get it to go away.
Here's my experience after following your instructions...

1) I turn on car
2)Infotainment graphic shows
3)New lexus logo shows
4) Lexus logo never goes away...only if I start pushing "Climate" and "nav" buttons. If I push the"Menu" button the unit, it doesn't even work now.

How the the heck do I revert this change????? Help. this is much worse than how it was before.
Old 11-07-12, 07:01 AM
rockopico
Rookie

The dps has a magnet on the back, so all I did was attach it to the metal bracket that the radio unit has, right behind the screen (below the vents) and I haven't had any problems with signal at all.
dang...that sucks then...it's just constant "auto detecting gps" with him. We've even tried moving it to the bracket directly below the vent that hold the tire pressure monitor. It sounds like you put yours even deeper into the dashboard, which is weird..I'd think you'd have a really hard time getting a signal.

sigh..
Old 11-07-12, 08:08 AM
rockopico
Rookie

Originally Posted by Asher
heres a few day pic with 09 airvent i got from sewell
Man, that looks about the same as the '06-'08 vent issue with gaps. Are you pleased with that?
Old 11-07-12, 08:16 AM
4LisaJean
Driver School Candidate

The center grill on the top of the dash, where some have speakers (I don't) is perfect for the antenna.
Slip the wire thru the top, put some cushioning in there so the antenna doesn't slide down (try to keep it flush with the top of the dash), reattach the plastic grill, and if all else is attached correctly, you should get the signal. It worked perfectly for me.
Old 11-07-12, 08:18 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Man, that looks about the same as the '06-'08 vent issue with gaps. Are you pleased with that?
looks to me like he did not clip the bottom of the vent in correctly to the top of the unit.
Old 11-07-12, 09:59 AM
TUNG
Pole Position

I was wondering If i do order this navi, will there be a small gap like what Asher has above ^^^^? I'm disliking any gaps and would like it to look somewhat perfect looking lol, if there is a fix I would most likely order it soon so I can get it installed.
Old 11-07-12, 11:01 AM
Asher
Rookie

06-08 much bigger so the gap is under 09 is smaller so the gap is above im pretty happy with that as you can see if you look on the pic that you can see the whole unit its ok just when you zoom you see the gap its not that big
Old 11-07-12, 11:05 AM
RA061124
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by B16da9
looks to me like he did not clip the bottom of the vent in correctly to the top of the unit.
I agree 100%, mine looked that way until i forced the bottom to snap into place and now it is flush with no gap.

Originally Posted by 4LisaJean
The center grill on the top of the dash, where some have speakers (I don't) is perfect for the antenna.
Slip the wire thru the top, put some cushioning in there so the antenna doesn't slide down (try to keep it flush with the top of the dash), reattach the plastic grill, and if all else is attached correctly, you should get the signal. It worked perfectly for me.
yep thats an awesome idea too, i bet it worked great for you. this is what should be recommended lol. Nice job

Ummm...yeah...that didn't work at all. Now I still have the "infotainment" screen at startup, and the Lexus .bmp file sits on my screen until I push a bunch of buttons to get it to go away.
Here's my experience after following your instructions...

1) I turn on car
2)Infotainment graphic shows
3)New lexus logo shows
4) Lexus logo never goes away...only if I start pushing "Climate" and "nav" buttons. If I push the"Menu" button the unit, it doesn't even work now.

How the the heck do I revert this change????? Help. this is much worse than how it was before.
alright it sounds like instructions were not followed properly or your unit is not Roadrover? The Lexus image I uploaded is a jpg, you need to save it as a bmp, make sure it is logo.bmp and put it on the main directory of the sd card, once the unit boots up it will install this image and replace that Infotainment garbage.
Old 11-07-12, 11:12 AM
Asher
Rookie

hey Nate so i need to force it down tthen it will clip perfect?more qwestion do you have the airbag light mien dont work from some reason let me if you have that issue and .is the sys suppost to have clock beside the airbag light like the dubbledin before
I agree 100%, mine looked that way until i forced the bottom to snap into place and now it is flush with no gap.

yep thats an awesome idea too, i bet it worked great for you. this is what should be recommended lol. Nice job

alright it sounds like instructions were not followed properly or your unit is not Roadrover? The Lexus image I uploaded is a jpg, you need to save it as a bmp, make sure it is logo.bmp and put it on the main directory of the sd card, once the unit boots up it will install this image and replace that Infotainment garbage.
Old 11-07-12, 11:17 AM
Asher
Rookie

Nate can you pls put some pic of your unit that i can see the differences and do you have a gap on the top of the vent? Did you guys get yours from lsq or bonroad?
I
Old 11-07-12, 11:33 AM
RA061124
Pit Crew

hey Nate so i need to force it down tthen it will clip perfect?more qwestion do you have the airbag light mien dont work from some reason let me if you have that issue and .is the sys suppost to have clock beside the airbag light like the dubbledin before
Yea you might need to push more down in the middle of each vent to have them clip on the bottom. My air bag light works fine, I haven't had any issues with that light. I wished this had a clock like factory, this unit has it on screen and the one I use most is on iGo Primo.

Nate can you pls put some pic of your unit that i can see the differences and do you have a gap on the top of the vent? Did you guys get yours from lsq or bonroad?
I
I am currently at work, I will later tonight and take a pic of it for you. I got mine from bonroad back in March of this year.

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer