IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-12, 12:09 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bonroad and RoadRover are 2 different types? Also I would like to look at the picture without the gaps, thanks nate
Old 11-07-12, 04:06 PM
Raul2010
Driver School Candidate

It looks like there are 2 different models. I am very interested in buying one and probably will in the coming weeks. Can anyone break down the differences between the RoadRover model and the other? Is one better than the other?
Old 11-07-12, 05:29 PM
06pearlex
Rookie

whats the difference between Bonroad and RoadRover? i just don't want to buy the wrong unit.
Old 11-07-12, 06:02 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

From what I understand only Roadrover makes them ... I just got my unit today, I'll try to install tomorrow. I ordered from LSQ, but the package come in differently than what the older posters had before ordering from the same place (like there is no installation instructions but comes with a users manual). If there are different manufacturers, I'm not sure how to tell.
Old 11-07-12, 06:10 PM
DGNY2009
Driver

just ordered one from http://www.lsqbusiness.com/ they have a live chat that helped answered all my questions i paid $608 shipped with extras like OE styl back up cam, SD with igo9 maps, paid with paypal. Hope its everything i am expecting. I'm prepared for the small kinks but with this awesome thread i will have no problem working them out. ill post back when it comes they said 3-5 days
Old 11-07-12, 06:16 PM
rockopico
Rookie

alright it sounds like instructions were not followed properly or your unit is not Roadrover? The Lexus image I uploaded is a jpg, you need to save it as a bmp, make sure it is logo.bmp and put it on the main directory of the sd card, once the unit boots up it will install this image and replace that Infotainment garbage.
I have a unit from BonRoad (i figured bonroad and roadrover were the exact same units...that's what I was told).

So the file needs to be named logo.bmp?
It file I put on the card was called logoxjp.bmp.

Maybe that was it, but whatever it was, it hosed the system a little bit.

Here's another question, can I access the file system on the unit itself if I hook up a laptop through the male USB cable that came with the unit? I'll have to go find a female to male USB cable, but I figured it's worth a shot. I want to try and delete that original bmp file, but there's no way to get in there through the UI of the system.

Thanks!
Old 11-07-12, 06:17 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Originally Posted by DGNY2009
OE styl back up cam
Can you can a pic of it with it installed and how you remove the license plate lights? I'm consider ordering it, but not sure how big it is or how it's going to be installed.
Old 11-07-12, 06:19 PM
rockopico
Rookie

Originally Posted by DGNY2009
just ordered one from http://www.lsqbusiness.com/ they have a live chat that helped answered all my questions i paid $608 shipped with extras like OE styl back up cam, SD with igo9 maps, paid with paypal. Hope its everything i am expecting. I'm prepared for the small kinks but with this awesome thread i will have no problem working them out. ill post back when it comes they said 3-5 days
hopefully you get a better GPS antenna than I got. Mine sucks and wouldn't pickup a signal when placed in the dash on top of the unit, underneath the vents. There's no metal obstructing the antenna and others have said this works but I had to move it to the dash (and it looks dumb to me). I also had to jack with the GPS ports and baud rates to get it to work, which was extremely stupid and annoying to have to do. Anyone else have problems like this? If so, what did you do to solve them?
Old 11-07-12, 06:29 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Originally Posted by rockopico
I have a unit from BonRoad (i figured bonroad and roadrover were the exact same units...that's what I was told).

Here's another question, can I access the file system on the unit itself if I hook up a laptop through the male USB cable that came with the unit? I'll have to go find a female to male USB cable, but I figured it's worth a shot. I want to try and delete that original bmp file, but there's no way to get in there through the UI of the system.

Thanks!
Do you also just rename it to logoxjp.bmp? I think you might need to open it in MSPaint or Photoshop and save it as a bmp image.
Old 11-08-12, 04:19 AM
rockopico
Rookie

You can however just get a Female connector usb cable and splice it in without the use of adapter..
Why do you have to splice anything here? Couldn't you just use the female/female adapter you show in the picture? The connection that comes with the unit is male already. Did you just not like the ridiculous "box" around the connection?

Last edited by rockopico; 11-08-12 at 04:28 AM.
Old 11-08-12, 04:25 AM
rockopico
Rookie

Originally Posted by nosurprise
Do you also just rename it to logoxjp.bmp? I think you might need to open it in MSPaint or Photoshop and save it as a bmp image.
I took the file posted by Nate logoxjp.jpg, and saved it as a bmp in MS Paint. After doing that, the file is logoxjp.bmp. When I loaded that file on the SD card and started the unit, it put the logo on the unit, but not in a good way. so I'm about to try redoing it with just logo.bmp. I didn't pay attention when I named the.bmp file, and I'm sure that hosed it up..I'll report back.
Old 11-08-12, 06:15 AM
RA061124
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by TUNG
Bonroad and RoadRover are 2 different types? Also I would like to look at the picture without the gaps, thanks nate
No they are both the same units (maybe just newer UI version is all that is different)

Originally Posted by rockopico

Thanks!
Yes you can access the file system (Windows CE), though I have yet to find out where the bmp file is located. First boot up of the unit is the only way I know of to do this. yes the file has to be named logo.bmp, maybe that is what happened logoxip.bmp might have messed it up somehow?

About the vent gaps, I have a 2011 IS and maybe that is why I do not have a gap problem? I forgot to take pics last night, if i get some time and remember of course I'll take a pic.

for some reason the file that I uploaded name changed. It should be and has to be logo.bmp. I just opened the file in Photoshop and saved it as logo.bmp, put that file on the sd card and booted up the unit and it replaced the Infotainment bootup screen.
Old 11-08-12, 05:13 PM
rockopico
Rookie

Originally Posted by IamNate

Yes you can access the file system (Windows CE), though I have yet to find out where the bmp file is located. First boot up of the unit is the only way I know of to do this. yes the file has to be named logo.bmp, maybe that is what happened logoxip.bmp might have messed it up somehow?

for some reason the file that I uploaded name changed. It should be and has to be logo.bmp. I just opened the file in Photoshop and saved it as logo.bmp, put that file on the sd card and booted up the unit and it replaced the Infotainment bootup screen.
Interesting. Putting the "logo.bmp" file on the sd card kind of fixed the issue in that the infotainment system image is gone, but instead of the lexus image, I get a blueish colored lexus image and it shows all kind of system information when I turn the car on, like" Boot logo update successfully!!" "128MB or system RAM" ect, etc. Looks super weird..I'll take a pic and upload it.

Then once that gets through, I get the same experience again with the lexus logo showing up and not going away and some buttons on the unit not working...most notably the physical "Menu" button on the left side of the unit. It's non-responsive until I start pressin the nav button, music buttons, etc.

I need to figure out how to get into WinCE and delete that logoxjp.bmp file I uploaded in there, since that's when the problem started. I know I can find it if I get in there, but I just went to Radio Shack to try and find some kind of cable that would plug into that super weird USB cable that comes from the unit into the glove box and nothing will hook up to that. Is that not a female or male USB? I'm honestly confused by that weird cable that I thought was a USB cable. Anyone have suggestions besides splicing a normal USB in?

Thanks
I'm pretty sure the incorrect logo
Old 11-08-12, 07:38 PM
nosurprise
Racer

The USB plug is not a regular USB; it's make for plugging into Lexus's USB port if you have it. If not, you need to cut the wire and reconnect the wires to a female USB port. Check a few pages back, someone did that.

I just got mine mostly plug in ... I need to change the fit a little bit. The unit does start up and the GPS is fine with the antenna just magnet to the blue box.

I got a couple of questions though. How do you adjust the brightness? On some units I see a button, but this one doesn't have one. Also, at the main screen, the clock is in 24-hour time, how can that be change to AM/PM?
Old 11-08-12, 08:13 PM
rockopico
Rookie

The USB plug is not a regular USB; it's make for plugging into Lexus's USB port if you have it. If not, you need to cut the wire and reconnect the wires to a female USB port. Check a few pages back, someone did that.

I just got mine mostly plug in ... I need to change the fit a little bit. The unit does start up and the GPS is fine with the antenna just magnet to the blue box.

I got a couple of questions though. How do you adjust the brightness? On some units I see a button, but this one doesn't have one. Also, at the main screen, the clock is in 24-hour time, how can that be change to AM/PM?
Lexus's USB port? Can I buy an adapter for that instead of splicing? I just want to hook my laptop up to the unit somehow to undo the mess the first logo file I put on there apparently caused. Or, how can I get into the WinCE file system through the unit itself? Anyone know? I need to be able to plug into the nav unit and view it like it's a USB drive I hooked up to my computer. Using A-A USB cables (which is what I'd be doing if I set it up like a previous person posted) when hooking two computers together (lappy and nav unit) is a receipe for disaster...you can fry everything.

I haven't figure out a way to adjust the brightness on the menu screen either. You can do it however in the the DVD and Nav screens.

I also don't think you can change the 24 hr time on the main screen. It's fine everywhere else like in the nav and other places in the sofware, but not the main screen. Changing from 24 to 12 hour time isn't an option in Menu>Options from the main screen. IF anyone figures that out, holler at us.

Thanks again Gents.

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer