IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-12, 06:00 AM
rockopico
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IamNate

Yes you can access the file system (Windows CE), though I have yet to find out where the bmp file is located. First boot up of the unit is the only way I know of to do this.
Nate, when you have a spare moment, can you explain exactly how to access the WinCE file system? I'm pretty sure if I just delete that other file I put on the system, my problem will be resolved.

thanks dude.
Old 11-09-12, 06:11 AM
RA061124
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by rockopico
Nate, when you have a spare moment, can you explain exactly how to access the WinCE file system? I'm pretty sure if I just delete that other file I put on the system, my problem will be resolved.

thanks dude.
Sure can, pm me your email address and I can send you instructions + file needed.
Old 11-09-12, 09:12 AM
Stavros
Rookie

Cheeky question to those who ordered these units: did you have to pay any import tax? What value did they declare in the shipping paperwork?
Old 11-09-12, 07:47 PM
F-LEX350
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting. Putting the "logo.bmp" file on the sd card kind of fixed the issue in that the infotainment system image is gone, but instead of the lexus image, I get a blueish colored lexus image and it shows all kind of system information when I turn the car on, like" Boot logo update successfully!!" "128MB or system RAM" ect, etc. Looks super weird..I'll take a pic and upload it.

Then once that gets through, I get the same experience again with the lexus logo showing up and not going away and some buttons on the unit not working...most notably the physical "Menu" button on the left side of the unit. It's non-responsive until I start pressin the nav button, music buttons, etc.

I need to figure out how to get into WinCE and delete that logoxjp.bmp file I uploaded in there, since that's when the problem started. I know I can find it if I get in there, but I just went to Radio Shack to try and find some kind of cable that would plug into that super weird USB cable that comes from the unit into the glove box and nothing will hook up to that. Is that not a female or male USB? I'm honestly confused by that weird cable that I thought was a USB cable. Anyone have suggestions besides splicing a normal USB in?

Thanks
I'm pretty sure the incorrect logo

hi,

you need to delete the file logo.bmp that you saved in the sd card after you install it. When you see the blue screen with all the codes there. Just go to the menu and go to the option where you can erase a file from the SD card. The reason why you keep on seeing that blue screen is the system is trying to install the logo.bmp every time you start the system. Once the file got deleted, you'll be fine
Old 11-11-12, 07:17 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Hm, I wonder if that was it ... I haven't try to change my logo yet, waiting to see if he can fix his issue.

Thanks to Nate, I'm able to boot into Windows CE. I found the time and locale settings are correct, it's just the apps are not using the system's setting. I did find the skin files for the apps which I'm in the process of modifying to make it less bright and get rid of the CD animation that's very distracting to me. If anyone is interested in modifying the skin let me know, you need to save in one specific bitmap format in Photoshop.

From poking around, I found these are standard Windows CE programs, I can't imagine them taking more than an hour to fix these temperature and time issues ... I also have the airbag light not coming on when someone is sitting in the passenger seat -- not sure if they just take out the light or it's not working.
Old 11-12-12, 07:13 AM
rockopico
Rookie

Originally Posted by nosurprise
Hm, I wonder if that was it ... I haven't try to change my logo yet, waiting to see if he can fix his issue.

Thanks to Nate, I'm able to boot into Windows CE. I found the time and locale settings are correct, it's just the apps are not using the system's setting. I did find the skin files for the apps which I'm in the process of modifying to make it less bright and get rid of the CD animation that's very distracting to me. If anyone is interested in modifying the skin let me know, you need to save in one specific bitmap format in Photoshop.

From poking around, I found these are standard Windows CE programs, I can't imagine them taking more than an hour to fix these temperature and time issues ... I also have the airbag light not coming on when someone is sitting in the passenger seat -- not sure if they just take out the light or it's not working.

Well so far so good with the logo. The only time I still have an issue is if I'm only using the Navigation system when I turn the car off. When I turn it back on and Nav autostarts, I still have the problem. I've dug into win CE (thanks to Nate as well) but cannot find where the startup logos live.

If anyone figures out how to change the setting to Fahrenheit on the AC controls and fix the 24-hour format time on the main menu screen by accessing files in CE, let me know!

Thanks!
Old 11-12-12, 08:04 AM
RA061124
Pit Crew

Well so far so good with the logo. The only time I still have an issue is if I'm only using the Navigation system when I turn the car off. When I turn it back on and Nav autostarts, I still have the problem. I've dug into win CE (thanks to Nate as well) but cannot find where the startup logos live.

If anyone figures out how to change the setting to Fahrenheit on the AC controls and fix the 24-hour format time on the main menu screen by accessing files in CE, let me know!

Thanks!
I have tried to fix the temp problem and also the radio problem and the issue is the program that runs these. It is called Manager.exe and for the life of me I cannot find in this application where to edit either of these. Probably because it was written in chinese which I do not understand. I dunno
Old 11-12-12, 10:54 AM
nosurprise
Racer

I found that too; since the program is compiled, it's almost impossible to modify that -- though if the source code is available it's a very easy change. From the user manual supplied with the unit, it talks about usage of the radio application, and it's different than what's in the unit itself. In the manual, it shows that you can change the name of the radio station, and there is an Options button that let's you select 3 locations for different frequencies: Asia, Canada, and North America (or US). I'm thinking the software supplied might not be the newest.

In the same directory as the Manager.exe file, there is a configuration file, config.ini. There is a radio_band and radio_local setting, though I'm not sure what number to set them to. There is also compact_calendar option that might affect the time display.

So after you remove the logo file from the SD card fix the issue? I don't see any logo files either, so maybe it's in some other inaccessible location. My nav also restarts after turning off. I notice that if I should the car off and then turn it on again quickly, the nav come back immediately ... I think there might be some kind of timer where the system completely shuts down, though not sure why they don't just put the system to sleep like regular computers (does everyone's unit do this?).
Old 11-12-12, 10:39 PM
nosurprise
Racer

I found this site and they seems to have updated firmware posted, too. They also posted some nice skin there that I'll use instead of trying to modify the existing ones. Does anyone speak Russian? http://out-club.ru/board/showthread.php?t=16758&page=2

Some of the pictures there also show the MP3 player showing album art, is there a way to do that in our unit or is the software newer?

Another interesting item there is an emulator for the RoadRover unit that allows you to test skins. Well, the skins never worked for me, but I'm hacking some ugly solution to the 24-hour problem. Ideally, the native software should always show the time on the upper right corner for all screens -- didn't know how much I use the clock while driving until there is no clock :/ If someone can program in Windows CE and create a small clock program that stays on top, that would be cool.
Old 11-13-12, 02:40 PM
SNORTH350
Driver School Candidate

Default Back Up camera

Does anyone have that link to the back up camera everyone was looking at off Ebay? The more OEM looking style that was for the fly audio 2nd Gen piece. Thanks
Old 11-13-12, 02:48 PM
rockopico
Rookie

So after you remove the logo file from the SD card fix the issue? I don't see any logo files either, so maybe it's in some other inaccessible location. My nav also restarts after turning off. I notice that if I should the car off and then turn it on again quickly, the nav come back immediately ... I think there might be some kind of timer where the system completely shuts down, though not sure why they don't just put the system to sleep like regular computers (does everyone's unit do this?).
Nope. Once I removed the file the lexus logo does showup on startup nicely (great), but the system then loads whatever program was running when I turned the car off the last time (usually the GPS), then immediately goes back to the lexus logo (albeit a small and better quality one). I should see the menu screen, and this logo is replacing the main menu screen skin for some reason (the time and date show in the upper right corner) and if I push the "Menu" button a million times, the logo does not change. Only if I push "Music" or some other button does the main screen logo wake up so to speak, and go back to what it's supposed to be (all the icons)

I'm super annoyed by this, and it was caused by my loading of a file called logoxjp.bmp (instead of just logo.bmp). Totally my fault

Anyone have any friggin clue how to fix this?? Of course I can't find any of those logo files anywhere on the SD card or in WinCE so now they're embedded deep in the system.

At this point, I would love to reset the system back to factory default and start over, but pressing the reset button only resolves the issue for the next time I start the car. The problem comes back every time. Does anyone know how I can reimage the entire system or something?

Whatever file runs the main screen for the unit (the one with the 8 icons on it) is where the culprit lies.
Old 11-13-12, 03:18 PM
rockopico
Rookie

Nate or someone else who has this unit....would you mind sending me the desktop.ini file that you have on your unit. I think this is where my problem lies and is where the startup logo files are located. If not, no big deal. thanks.
Old 11-13-12, 03:34 PM
rockopico
Rookie

nevermind...it's not the desktop.ini file...
ugh..who would think having a bmp at the root of your SD card would ever cause an issue like this...
Old 11-13-12, 09:07 PM
06pearlex
Rookie

nevermind...it's not the desktop.ini file...
ugh..who would think having a bmp at the root of your SD card would ever cause an issue like this...
check this site out .... i think it will help with the files you need or questions about any updates on the software http://www.china-rns.com/we-speak-en....html?langid=3
Old 11-14-12, 11:32 AM
RA061124
Pit Crew

Ive been playing around a little bit with the skins, so far here is what I came up with (though only with orange) I need to change the colour scheme but I like it better than the ones that's provided with the unit.

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer