IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-12, 07:17 AM
rockopico
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DGNY2009
My non fly navi came today it has no name brand on it so idk what to call it but w/e lol cars at dealer getting fixed so cant put it in till i get it back. i got the OE style back up cam and it looks good cant wait to put it in. it replaces the plate LED light with cam+LED light.

[/IMG]
That's not the OE style backup cam in the picture. That's the same one I got with my unit and I didn't even hook it up because it's so ugly..It's a huge square, not OEM.
Old 11-17-12, 07:26 AM
rockopico
Rookie

Originally Posted by nosurprise
How are you planning to take the license light out? can you post some pictures or instructions when done?

I just ordered the 09 vents. If you look at the colors it seems to match it better as the side vents are also black.

I'll post some pics when complete. It takes more time than I expected to tweak :/
I have the '09 vents for my '07 with this unit, and they don't fit quite right. Everyone keeps saying it's an easy modification, but it doesn't seem like it to me. I have the same gap I had with the '07 vents. I change the wiring, but the vents doesn't fix flush at all.

If anyone can post pictures that explain what modification you need to do to get the '09 vents to work with an '07, that would be cool.
Old 11-17-12, 08:54 AM
DGNY2009
Driver

Originally Posted by NimaM
I like the camera! Hopefully, the color of the light bulbs would match with the other OEM license plate light.
Thanks man i hope so to if not ill have to find a way to make it.

Originally Posted by rockopico
That's not the OE style backup cam in the picture. That's the same one I got with my unit and I didn't even hook it up because it's so ugly..It's a huge square, not OEM.
IMO it OE style you would need to cut in to the trunk or get a new panel if you wanted a 100% OEM look and buy a OEM cam this looks like a good substitute to me.

What did you use instead of this cam? do you have a pics of this cam installed on the car?

Looks better then this IMO lol
Old 11-17-12, 04:08 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

yeah, that's what I think ... it might be a good way that you don't have to drill a hole into the car; might not be that bad once recess into the light, not sure.

Originally Posted by rockopico
If anyone can post pictures that explain what modification you need to do to get the '09 vents to work with an '07, that would be cool.
they all say remove the clips from the bottom of the new vent ... I assume that would work, I haven't got my vent yet.
Old 11-17-12, 11:47 PM
jcy1975
Driver School Candidate

Hi, everyone. I installed the same unit as dgny2009 . I have trouble making the reverse camera work. I followed all the instruction that the girl Kathy from bonroad who sell the unit to me. Here are the following instructions
1. Tap the reverse power from your reverse light
2. Plug the yellow video cable to the back of the radio with ccd in
3. I tried to connect the remote line of the yellow cable with red wire by tapping it to the positive reverse light, and the other end tapping it at the back of the radio with ccd+12v
4. At the back go the radio I also wired the blue wire to the positive line of the reverse light.

After I done all things that I was asked to tap. I tried put it in reverse but the camera doesn't activate.

I hope anyone in the thread could show us their DIY or wiring diagram for installing reverse camera for road rover.
Old 11-18-12, 12:16 AM
jcy1975
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know on how to change this plug to female USB plug? Or does anybody know which adaptor I need to buy to convert it to female USB ?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...1&d=1353226421
Attached Thumbnails Found Flyaudios Manufacturer-image.jpg  
Old 11-18-12, 12:22 AM
jcy1975
Driver School Candidate

Sharing you the pics of the wiring for road rover radio. I hope there are some member who could enlighten us, road rover user on how to install this following wires on the right places.
Attached Thumbnails Found Flyaudios Manufacturer-image.jpg  
Old 11-18-12, 01:10 AM
DGNY2009
Driver

Originally Posted by jcy1975
Hi, everyone. I installed the same unit as dgny2009 . I have trouble making the reverse camera work. I followed all the instruction that the girl Kathy from bonroad who sell the unit to me. Here are the following instructions
1. Tap the reverse power from your reverse light
2. Plug the yellow video cable to the back of the radio with ccd in
3. I tried to connect the remote line of the yellow cable with red wire by tapping it to the positive reverse light, and the other end tapping it at the back of the radio with ccd+12v
4. At the back go the radio I also wired the blue wire to the positive line of the reverse light.

After I done all things that I was asked to tap. I tried put it in reverse but the camera doesn't activate.

I hope anyone in the thread could show us their DIY or wiring diagram for installing reverse camera for road rover.
Im gonna work on this at some point today my instructions may be different form yours i bought mine from lsqbusiness.com it came with 3 different ways to wire the back up cam ill post when i have it up and working
Old 11-18-12, 09:45 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Originally Posted by jcy1975
Does anyone know on how to change this plug to female USB plug? Or does anybody know which adaptor I need to buy to convert it to female USB ?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...1&d=1353226421
A few pages back someone just cut the wires and match it up to a female USB (actually he did it weird; he matched up to a male USB and connect another female-female plug ), but didn't post any wire colors. I think you need to test it with a multimeter to see which wire is which -- it probably matches up like a regular USB.

If you want to locate parts, they might be on an 09-10 year car; though I won't know which it would be. http://is.sewellparts.com/oem-catalo...S350-2009.html
Old 11-18-12, 10:06 AM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by nosurprise
A few pages back someone just cut the wires and match it up to a female USB (actually he did it weird; he matched up to a male USB and connect another female-female plug ), but didn't post any wire colors. I think you need to test it with a multimeter to see which wire is which -- it probably matches up like a regular USB.

If you want to locate parts, they might be on an 09-10 year car; though I won't know which it would be. http://is.sewellparts.com/oem-catalo...S350-2009.html
The Color is the same as any generic usb cables. All you have to do is match the color and you are set. The reason why i used the male USB is because that's the only cable i have at the time... LOL
Old 11-18-12, 10:07 AM
nosurprise
Racer

lol, ok, thanks!
I found this pretty nice app that can let you customize the UI ..... I really want to do my self but i don't have any software knowledge ... it will be really cool if someone could make it to look exactly like the flyaudio UI
That probably won't work on our unit as it still uses the older user interface ... if you could wait, maybe wait for them to update the software, but not sure how long that takes.

Originally Posted by jtwenger
Has anyone installed one of these units on an IS350? I thought it would be the same, but the people at LSQ Star told me the unit is not suitable for my car?

I’m very interested in this unit, and if it does work on my 2006 IS 350 I would definitely buy.

I also just wanted to get confirmation on a few points from some of the stuff I read so far:

1) Vents need to be changed
2) Aux cable should be left unplugged to ensure unit functions properly
3) USB cable will not work, unless modified
4) Run IGO Primo or 9 for optimal results
5) DVD cable needs to be grounded in order to watch DVDs while car is in motion – does anyone have a DIY for this?
6) Antenna placement?

Other considerations?
Yes, I installed it on my 350, and it works fine -- I need to check if the smog sensor is adjustable, but I think it's not. For the Aux cable, I didn't do anything to it and it functions like factory. DVD, I didn't do it yet, it's wired labeled "Brake". I put my antenna on top of the blue box attached to the stereo (anyone know what that is?), some people put it inside the center speaker holder that's empty.
Old 11-18-12, 10:29 AM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

So far after 3 months of using this unit i have to say it worth every penny!!! The only complaint i have is that it could use a little more memory so the system would run smoother...
Old 11-18-12, 10:29 PM
Asher
Rookie

Default airbag light

is it just me or everyone have that issue ?airbag light dosnt come on at all pls let me know
Old 11-18-12, 10:41 PM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

For those that cant play dvd. All you got to do is use the brake label wire and connect it to the metal side of the bracket that hold the unit in place. For the gps antenna, I wire it around and mount it on top next to the rear view mirrir holder. Never have any reception problem.
Old 11-19-12, 11:00 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Originally Posted by Asher
is it just me or everyone have that issue ?airbag light dosnt come on at all pls let me know
My airbag light also doesn't work, but the seat belt light does, so I assume things are working at it should ... maybe plug it back in once a year to check the airbag is OK lol.

I also took a picture of the new vents if anyone can point out which part to clip off -- I posted this on another thread about fitment as well ...

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer