IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-12, 03:09 AM
Guccimane
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Hi guys all respect and esteem, so much has been written hard to read, so I am writing from Russia, I would like you to know, I want to take the head unit of Alibaba, but noticed that there are shoals, because of the gap between the head unit and ventilation, as well as on some photo and video noticeable difference in color changer and Chinese device? Remove gap can be bought restyled air box, right? And cut the fixing what then?And sometimes that does not match the color of the head unit and the changer? it's better to buy flyaudio 2gen or no-name china unit? Or is it not much different? if not look at the cost. FlyAudio have more perfect fit in '07 lexus? without modifications as I understand it, and color is the same right? Thank you! P.s. if u need translate something from Russian i can help u lol.

Last edited by Guccimane; 11-30-12 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-01-12, 04:32 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Guccimane
Hi guys all respect and esteem, so much has been written hard to read, so I am writing from Russia,
Hello, comrade
I would like you to know, I want to take the head unit of Alibaba, but noticed that there are shoals, because of the gap between the head unit and ventilation, as well as on some photo and video noticeable difference in color changer and Chinese device? Remove gap can be bought restyled air box, right?
Not sure about shoals , but the color is fine. For the gap you need to buy 2009+ year air vents (part number 5567053020C0). Although a lot of people got the new vents to fit, I haven't got mine to fit ... one person had the same problem and cut something off the vents, though he didn't say what he cut.
And cut the fixing what then?And sometimes that does not match the color of the head unit and the changer?
You need to cut clips on the bottom so it would sit tightly on top of the factory CD changer. I actually cut a lot of the bottom part of the new unit off :/ The color is fine; it's the same color as the other side vents -- this is how the 2009+ car look.
it's better to buy flyaudio 2gen or no-name china unit? Or is it not much different? if not look at the cost. FlyAudio have more perfect fit in '07 lexus? without modifications as I understand it, and color is the same right? Thank you! P.s. if u need translate something from Russian i can help u lol.
From what I understand, Flyaudio is not better; it has the same issue as this unit. You could also try finding 2008 or earlier of this unit, then you don't have to buy vents.
Old 12-01-12, 10:40 PM
Guccimane
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nosurprise
Hello, comrade

Not sure about shoals , but the color is fine. For the gap you need to buy 2009+ year air vents (part number 5567053020C0). Although a lot of people got the new vents to fit, I haven't got mine to fit ... one person had the same problem and cut something off the vents, though he didn't say what he cut.

You need to cut clips on the bottom so it would sit tightly on top of the factory CD changer. I actually cut a lot of the bottom part of the new unit off :/ The color is fine; it's the same color as the other side vents -- this is how the 2009+ car look.

From what I understand, Flyaudio is not better; it has the same issue as this unit. You could also try finding 2008 or earlier of this unit, then you don't have to buy vents.
Thank you very much for your answer, but here in this thread saw a couple of pictures which show the difference in color cd changer and the Chinese unit. Just not lucky? Look at second picture please and u can see little difference in colors.Perhaps there is a difference where to buy?

Originally Posted by 07awdis250
Her is a few pictures of the unit installed. Sorry for the bad quality. I need to replace the center vents with the 2009 model.

Last edited by Guccimane; 12-01-12 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-02-12, 01:43 AM
DGNY2009
Driver

Thank you very much for your answer, but here in this thread saw a couple of pictures which show the difference in color cd changer and the Chinese unit. Just not lucky? Look at second picture please and u can see little difference in colors.Perhaps there is a difference where to buy?
IMO its the flash that makes it look like iv taken night pics and looks just like the one above from the flash in the car iv never seen a differences .... below is my off brand unit in my 09 but my vents match the dash rather then the unit came that way from factory.....there are a lot of DIY's on how to instal the unit and change the vents i didn't have to do the vents but the unit was easy using the info from others DIY's on this form....for the price of the china unit imo you cant beat it i love mine had it in for 2weeks now very satisfied

Old 12-02-12, 02:41 AM
Guccimane
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DGNY2009
IMO its the flash that makes it look like iv taken night pics and looks just like the one above from the flash in the car iv never seen a differences .... below is my off brand unit in my 09 but my vents match the dash rather then the unit came that way from factory.....there are a lot of DIY's on how to instal the unit and change the vents i didn't have to do the vents but the unit was easy using the info from others DIY's on this form....for the price of the china unit imo you cant beat it i love mine had it in for 2weeks now very satisfied

Damn! On your foto everything look perfect man! I think that you didn't have different color because y have restyling changer panel ,and on the photo 07awdis250 not restyled changer, therefore most likely differs
Problems with ventilation do not scare me, I have golden hands , I am sure that all will put it right, but the difference is likely not match the color upsets me, is the only thing that stops me now
Old 12-02-12, 06:08 AM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it fit pretty well. I can't tell from the picture if you have gaps between the head unit and the center console?
Old 12-02-12, 09:24 AM
DGNY2009
Driver

Originally Posted by SCWB
I think it fit pretty well. I can't tell from the picture if you have gaps between the head unit and the center console?
Thanks i think so to. I haven't noticed gaps between the head unit and the center console if your referring to area by the ashtray? witch i removed and ran the IPod cord through.

Damn! On your foto everything look perfect man! I think that you didn't have different color because y have restyling changer panel ,and on the photo 07awdis250 not restyled changer, therefore most likely differs
Problems with ventilation do not scare me, I have golden hands , I am sure that all will put it right, but the difference is likely not match the color upsets me, is the only thing that stops me now
Didn't even notice the different till you pointed it out could be true but my flash pics make the color look off to but good luck with it mane.
Old 12-02-12, 10:28 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Originally Posted by SCWB
He won't have any fitting issues because his car is 2009, the unit is made to fit 2009. I have an '08 and there are fitting issues. I'm able to take care of fitting the factory CD since I was able to see what was blocking the fit, but can't see the vents when sliding in (well, this gives me an idea, maybe I just take the whole thing out and see what's blocking it; I know there is no fitting issues when the stereo is out with the vent.)
Old 12-02-12, 10:47 AM
Guccimane
Driver School Candidate

Thanks i think so to. I haven't noticed gaps between the head unit and the center console if your referring to area by the ashtray? witch i removed and ran the IPod cord through.

Didn't even notice the different till you pointed it out could be true but my flash pics make the color look off to but good luck with it mane.
thank you, for you answer

But who have 06-2008 car year, please said about units, Is there a difference in color?

Last edited by Guccimane; 12-02-12 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-02-12, 11:17 AM
nosurprise
Racer

I have 2008; there is no difference in color from the factory radio.
Old 12-02-12, 11:38 AM
Guccimane
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nosurprise
I have 2008; there is no difference in color from the factory radio.
Can u give me please a contact or link, where u buy unit?
Old 12-02-12, 11:45 AM
eightysix
Driver School Candidate

just installed it in my 2011 IS ! Looks really well.
Only PRIMO 2.0 can't find any satellites , where did you guys put the gps receiver? I left it with the magnet on the metal bracket of cdplayer/nav. Is this too far?
Although when I press the 'looking for satellites' button it shows up 3 red bars with some numbers, aren't these satellites?
Old 12-02-12, 01:39 PM
eightysix
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xpionage2
I just installed the Chinese unit in my 2011. That black wire that comes out of the back of the unit is supposed to the factory isb harness. I think only MY2010+ has this option. Previous years may have to do it the ghetto way like you did. The connection is made by the shifter, under the center console.
I didn't find any factory usb harness in my 2011 so didn't connect the black wire to anything, although my usb port in the center cabinet is playing my ipod songs but the unit says there is no ipod connected and doesn't show any songs... did i do something wrong
Old 12-02-12, 03:29 PM
DGNY2009
Driver

Originally Posted by eightysix
just installed it in my 2011 IS ! Looks really well.
Only PRIMO 2.0 can't find any satellites , where did you guys put the gps receiver? I left it with the magnet on the metal bracket of cdplayer/nav. Is this too far?
Although when I press the 'looking for satellites' button it shows up 3 red bars with some numbers, aren't these satellites?
That may be to far in the car for it to get signal lots of things in there blocking it.

put mine under that cover in the center on the dash on top had to make a metal bracket for the hole in the middle of it and shave the inside of the cover some but i get grate signal. and its hidden.
Old 12-02-12, 06:44 PM
xpionage2
Rookie

Originally Posted by eightysix
I didn't find any factory usb harness in my 2011 so didn't connect the black wire to anything, although my usb port in the center cabinet is playing my ipod songs but the unit says there is no ipod connected and doesn't show any songs... did i do something wrong
Do you have a USB port in the centre consule, beside your AUX port?

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer