IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-12, 07:19 AM
eightysix
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting satellites now but pretty bad reception even with receiver on dash, 2 - 3 satellites..
Old 12-04-12, 07:28 AM
sudipminha
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by eightysix
I'm getting satellites now but pretty bad reception even with receiver on dash, 2 - 3 satellites..
Do you have navigation software?
Old 12-04-12, 07:32 AM
eightysix
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sudipminha
Do you have navigation software?
yes I have primo and it works but loses connection a lot, is it the placement of my receiver?
Old 12-04-12, 07:38 AM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I put mine on top behide the rear view mirror. Work great without any problem.. not sure if it would help you out.
Old 12-04-12, 07:58 AM
sudipminha
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by eightysix
yes I have primo and it works but loses connection a lot, is it the placement of my receiver?
Go on the link I gave you earlier and see if there is anything you need to change in your sys.txt file. Further make sure you have open blue skies teh first time because high rise buildings can also cause loss of connection
Old 12-04-12, 08:56 AM
Stavros
Rookie

I recently bought one of these units for my RHD IS250. Mostly works OK. The climate auto recirculation setting doesn't work as good as it did with the OEM climate panel. Previously, it used to switch between recirculated and fresh air setting (in auto) every minute or something, now it seems to constatly either recirculate or draw fresh air. The OEM climate panel had a sensitivity setting which isn't available on the China unit.

For the GPS settings, I use port 1 and baud rate 57600. Works fine with the GPS receiver under the dash.
Mine came with IGO8.
Old 12-04-12, 01:03 PM
eightysix
Driver School Candidate

Just tried it with placing the gps receiver on the roof, worked perfectly instantly
Has anyone got a guide on how to install the receiver near the roof (like where the rear view mirror or sunglasses box is)

furtherwise this unit is a steal for it's price! i've paid 500 usd
makes the car interior much nicer
Old 12-04-12, 03:38 PM
rockopico
Rookie

Originally Posted by Guccimane
Hi guys all respect and esteem, so much has been written hard to read, so I am writing from Russia, I would like you to know, I want to take the head unit of Alibaba, but noticed that there are shoals, because of the gap between the head unit and ventilation, as well as on some photo and video noticeable difference in color changer and Chinese device? Remove gap can be bought restyled air box, right? And cut the fixing what then?And sometimes that does not match the color of the head unit and the changer? it's better to buy flyaudio 2gen or no-name china unit? Or is it not much different? if not look at the cost. FlyAudio have more perfect fit in '07 lexus? without modifications as I understand it, and color is the same right? Thank you! P.s. if u need translate something from Russian i can help u lol.
'09 vents do not fit well with this unit in an 2007 IS250. They just don't and no one apparently know how to make it fit aside from "clip off some tabs". there are like 20 things you can clip off of the '09 vent unit itself. I've clipped them all off 1 by 1 and it made no difference whatsoever. The gap between the vents and the unit itself remains. It's really annoying...just buy a FlyAudio unit for your year model and be done with it.
Old 12-04-12, 04:36 PM
06pearlex
Rookie

Originally Posted by rockopico
'09 vents do not fit well with this unit in an 2007 IS250. They just don't and no one apparently know how to make it fit aside from "clip off some tabs". there are like 20 things you can clip off of the '09 vent unit itself. I've clipped them all off 1 by 1 and it made no difference whatsoever. The gap between the vents and the unit itself remains. It's really annoying...just buy a FlyAudio unit for your year model and be done with it.
Have you try to cut the part behind were the vent connect as well..... probably Lexus change the angle on how the vent fit.

Last edited by 06pearlex; 12-04-12 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-04-12, 05:04 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Yes, the air outlet could be an issue, though I would look at the center clip type thing first -- I posted in another thread about the same thing.

Originally Posted by sudipminha
Hi
I do not want to sound too stupid but the sd(micro) on my unit has only the navigation iGO primo files on it but to change the original picture I would have to go into the WinCE root how do I do that with SD card or even a USB connection to my laptop?
Thank you for your time.
Sudip
You put it in the root of the SD card not the WinCE.
I recently bought one of these units for my RHD IS250. Mostly works OK. The climate auto recirculation setting doesn't work as good as it did with the OEM climate panel. Previously, it used to switch between recirculated and fresh air setting (in auto) every minute or something, now it seems to constatly either recirculate or draw fresh air. The OEM climate panel had a sensitivity setting which isn't available on the China unit.
Are you sure the circulation mode is control by it when it's in Auto? I know that when the temperature changes, the mode change pattern is different, though when it's extremely cold or extremely hot outside, it always stay in recirculation mode with the OEM -- I will find out in a few months when it's very cold or hot here to see if it's the same. And yes, the sensitivity control is gone :/

Last edited by nosurprise; 12-04-12 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-04-12, 09:42 PM
nosurprise
Racer

So are there any plan to provide updated software to fix these 3 issues with the unit to work better in the US?
1. The temperature is not in Fahrenheit.
2. The clock is in 24-hour format instead of 12-hour.
3. The radio frequency shown is not correct.

I actually found the clock the most annoying as the unit doesn't contain a clock on the bottom any more, and the interface doesn't provide a consistent location to show the time (it should always be at the top on every screen), in addition to the wrong format.
Old 12-04-12, 10:35 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jonin
dear friend, LSQ Star electronic Co.,Ltd is a really manufacturer. we have our only factory to produce some car dvd players, also, we cooperate with some factories.

Thanks for clarification. If LSQ Star electronic Co, Ltd is a manufacturer, are they affiliated with FlyAudio?
Old 12-05-12, 05:52 PM
rockopico
Rookie

[QUOTE=nosurprise;7633308]Yes, the air outlet could be an issue, though I would look at the center clip type thing first -- I posted in another thread about the same thing.

I agree with you dude. I think it really is a air outlet issue, although I'm about to hack off the center clip thing and see what happens. I've hacked off every tab and piece on the '09 vent...with a dude that works at the lexus dealership sitting in my front seat helping me. He said it just doens't fit in an '07 with these '09+ units from LSQ Star and BonRoad.

I'm going to destroy this '09 vent trying to figure this out and just buy another one. I'll report back what I find.
Old 12-06-12, 02:04 AM
eightysix
Driver School Candidate

Ok, after putting the gps receiver on the roof I've had immediatly 8-9 satellites, then I've placed it between the vents and the dash and i've got about 5 satellites all the time so it works really well!

What can I say? This unit is a steal for it's price!!! Primo 2.0 is 10 times better than the original Lexus nav. Great route guidance, shows the highways signs and exits, shows me when it's windy or slippery on the road. It also shows traffic jams and additional routes, which I didn't expect (I thought you would need an additional TMC unit!)

For the navigation alone this is a steal as it's the same price as a new tom-tom , and this is slick built in

The menu is really ugly but I will try out some skins as soon as I figure out how to do it.
I don't have any issue with radio frequencies like others, they are all correct, I think it's because I'm in Europe?

Only negative thing I am experiencing is that when the Primo navigation says something or gives a warning , my music/ipod stops completely during that (instead of going softer in volume). Turning of all volume of Primo didn't help. Also the radio only shows the frequencies and not the RDS names, is this normal?

I've built it in without any issue or gaps in my 2011 is.
Could anyone with an original usb port in the center armrest explain me how to connect this to the unit? I didn't find the connection, i'm still playing my ipod through the original lexus part of the unit.
Attached Thumbnails Found Flyaudios Manufacturer-photo.jpg  
Old 12-06-12, 12:44 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Yes, the GPS cuts out external audio. Lowering the other audio would be better, but I prefer it cutting out than mix with the other audio at full volume (it does that with the MP3 Music Player). The price is pretty good esp. if you don't have to buy vents. Not sure how long the unit will last though.

Originally Posted by rockopico
I agree with you dude. I think it really is a air outlet issue, although I'm about to hack off the center clip thing and see what happens. I've hacked off every tab and piece on the '09 vent...with a dude that works at the lexus dealership sitting in my front seat helping me. He said it just doens't fit in an '07 with these '09+ units from LSQ Star and BonRoad.

I'm going to destroy this '09 vent trying to figure this out and just buy another one. I'll report back what I find.
Good luck and let us know if you make some progress! I'll poke around a little bit this weekend.

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer