IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-12, 12:26 PM
M88JCP
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...fitment-3.html

See post 41. This was my car after the vents had been trimmed. Zero gap, and I haven't butchered my dash!
Old 12-12-12, 12:40 PM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by M88JCP

See post 41. This was my car after the vents had been trimmed. Zero gap, and I haven't butchered my dash!
VERRRRRRRRRY NICE!!!

I'm doing the Tupperware buying lady in Napoleon Dynamite right now..

"I want that.."

Old 12-12-12, 01:42 PM
blui2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jsmacks
VERRRRRRRRRY NICE!!!

I'm doing the Tupperware buying lady in Napoleon Dynamite right now..

"I want that.."

Haha well I got them! Only being able to buy these pre cut vents, means ill buy the nav, otherwise I'd have bought the flyaudio unit or nothing at all as I would be useless at cutting them vents myself!

The vents ride in the trunk of my car until I buy the nav, ill take pictures over the weekend and post the trims and cuts on this thread.
Old 12-12-12, 02:35 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What are the latest price quotes people are getting for the 8" unit from LSQ Star and have others been able to get a better quote elsewhere? Looking to order a unit for christmas...
Old 12-13-12, 03:15 AM
eightysix
Driver School Candidate

Is there anyway to acquire the .bmp files of a 2013 lexus navi?
That way we would be able to make a sick skin/theme for this unit, with the roadrover editor
Attached Thumbnails Found Flyaudios Manufacturer-lexus_enformreg_with_safety_connectreg_1.jpg  
Old 12-13-12, 05:52 AM
blui2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pmanliu
What are the latest price quotes people are getting for the 8" unit from LSQ Star and have others been able to get a better quote elsewhere? Looking to order a unit for christmas...
I just got quoted $540 for unit, $25 for camera, $10 for GPS on sd card, $20 for PayPal fee, $45 shipping to UK

That's also from LSQ

Total $640 and I bought the vents in pic from M88JCP for $80

Last edited by blui2; 12-13-12 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 12-15-12, 08:52 PM
06pearlex
Rookie

I'm ready to buy my unit, but whats the best time i can chat with them...
everytime i visit LSQ website it says their offline

Last edited by 06pearlex; 12-15-12 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-16-12, 01:52 AM
DGNY2009
Driver

Originally Posted by 06pearlex
I'm ready to buy my unit, but whats the best time i can chat with them...
everytime i visit LSQ website it says their offline
NY time i got them at 8am and then again at like 10pm but they also respond to emails quick to

just a heads up if u live chat via IM they can see what you are saying as you type..... kinda strange IMO.

good unit and quick shipping from china via DHL.
Old 12-16-12, 02:12 AM
eightysix
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nosurprise
That looks very good! Much better than the original. I'm playing around with skins too; changing the skin makes a lot of difference on how the unit looks. Attached below is mine; I'm modifying the one that looks like an iPhone type interface and more grayish instead of a lot of colors. I haven't tried it yet, but you can open the lang.dll with a hex editor and edit out the words with spaces then you can change the text to say whatever you want with images in the menus.

Oh, and I saw your other post in that other forum, do you still have the radio.exe file or how can I get it? I wonder if that will work with mine (my version is 1.26.6 which is closer to the version of file they have). I think another option is to ask people that can change the radio locations to see what values are set in the config.ini file as they change them.
Hey could you explain me how to change the skins? And did you found some cool ones?
How is it going with your iphone interface?

thanks!
Old 12-16-12, 08:44 AM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Remember that China is +11 hours from EST.

8 AM = 7 PM

10 PM = 9 AM
Old 12-16-12, 07:01 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

^ I think their time is +13 hours from EST, because I'm talking to one of them right now, for me its 9;51 PM EST and for them it's 10;51 AM

I know of someone that can give you guys a price for 580$, that price covers 4GB SD map card, paypal fees, and shipping, but if you want their rear camera it'll cost you another 20$. PM me if you guys are interested so I can give you guys the information to reach them.
Old 12-16-12, 07:47 PM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TUNG
^ I think their time is +13 hours from EST, because I'm talking to one of them right now, for me its 9;51 PM EST and for them it's 10;51 AM
You're right, I'm sorry. Just noticed the time stamp in my Skype while talking to another Chinese supplier..
Old 12-16-12, 08:26 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by eightysix
Hey could you explain me how to change the skins? And did you found some cool ones?
How is it going with your iphone interface?

thanks!
You should be able to use this to get to the Windows CE desktop: http://www.china-rns.com/downloads/r...s-desktop-302/ Let me know if that doesn't work. You need to extract that and put it in the root of your SD card and then go to Options -> System -> Update. Once you're in the desktop you can go to My Device -> StaticStore -> D2280 -> Skins. There are 3 skins there. You can copy to your SD card and then edit and copy back.

You need Photoshop or something similar and be able to save in R5G6B5 bitmaps (this is important). I had work on the skin a little bit, but it's very time consuming, and I was looking for solutions to fix the vents fitting (which still doesn't fit well), the time display, and the temperature display. I had been using this skin here and copied some images: http://out-club.ru/board/showpost.ph...postcount=4901

I also looked at the Lexus document I attached here if you want to create your own base on Lexus's official branding.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LexusBrandGuideline.pdf (608.4 KB, 2331 views)
Old 12-17-12, 08:15 AM
rockopico
Rookie

Originally Posted by M88JCP

so for those of us with an '07 who have not had the same success as you, why don't you please explain how WHICH TABS you sawed off? I sawed off every one and the vent does not fit like your picture posted.

Help us out here dude.
Old 12-17-12, 08:33 AM
rockopico
Rookie

Originally Posted by tenaciousF
Has anyone gotten the unit to fit 100% correctly in an 06-08 with the new vents yet?
this unit fits an '06-'08, BUT THE newer vents do not. Don't be fooled by people saying they got it to fit, because they can't tell you HOW they got it to fit. Pretty much everyone here who's tried has the same gap issues. I don't believe the one person who posted pics saying they got it to work...mainly because they won't tell anyone specifically how they did it.

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer