IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-13, 04:31 PM
Stavros
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't have to connect anything to the video input cables (RCA connectors).
You can leave the ILL cable as it is. If you ground the Brake cable you'll be able to watch DVDs while driving.
Old 01-13-13, 04:39 PM
jtwenger
Driver School Candidate

OK. so i don't even have to plug that black power cable in at all that is attached to all those RCA cables?

and so the cable that has the "brake" it just plugs into the smaller rectangle square that is on the back of the unit? what about the other two connections?

and the bottom 3 cables are they plugged in the right slot? im still unclear why i have no picture on the dvd screen? is there a specific cable i need to plug in to get picture on my screen?
Old 01-13-13, 08:16 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

I have a few questions, I'm trying to get my navigation installed.

1. For the first picture I was wondering if I'll need to be using those wires? if so will I be using every single wire? or just only a few that's in there

2. For the second picture, will I be using all 3 of the wires? or am I just using the brake wire? Also where am I suppose to ground the wire to?

Thank you!
Old 01-13-13, 08:28 PM
06pearlex
Rookie

Originally Posted by TUNG
I have a few questions, I'm trying to get my navigation installed.

1. For the first picture I was wondering if I'll need to be using those wires? if so will I be using every single wire? or just only a few that's in there

2. For the second picture, will I be using all 3 of the wires? or am I just using the brake wire? Also where am I suppose to ground the wire to?

Thank you!
On the first picture I used the CCD rca wire, its for the reverse camera video. For the second picture I used the brake with a relay also the CCD signal wire. You can use the othe rca's to connect something else.
Old 01-13-13, 09:12 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 06pearlex
On the first picture I used the CCD rca wire, its for the reverse camera video. For the second picture I used the brake with a relay also the CCD signal wire. You can use the othe rca's to connect something else.
so on the first picture you only used the CCD only? also theres 2 wires which says TV and Reverse, did you used that at all? and as for the second picture u used the brake wire and the CCD? what was the CCD used for? and where did you ground it to?
Old 01-13-13, 09:14 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

Also a member "jtwenger" post # 721 his last picture

I was wondering the thing I circle in red, what is that? because surely my navigation didnt have that at all,
Old 01-13-13, 10:13 PM
06pearlex
Rookie

Originally Posted by TUNG
Also a member "jtwenger" post # 721 his last picture

I was wondering the thing I circle in red, what is that? because surely my navigation didnt have that at all,
My bad the it wasn't the ccd wire it was the blue reverve wire and the CCD rca wire thats were you connect the video signal from the back up camera. For the ground I found a bracket behind the dash. That black box behind the radio every car has one. I don't really know what's the function but your has to have it. you will see it when you remove your stock radio.
Old 01-14-13, 03:05 AM
eightysix
Driver School Candidate

anybody with a 2011 model knows how to connect the usb cable to the usb outlet in the armrest?
Old 01-14-13, 04:28 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm really thinking about it hard..they wrote me back saying $560 minus shipping so I'm going to guess about $650 total
Old 01-14-13, 05:23 AM
Kumar350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iRyan
I'm really thinking about it hard..they wrote me back saying $560 minus shipping so I'm going to guess about $650 total

If you do it and have success Ill go for it been thinking about this one for a while now. Maybe they will give you a deal if you/we get two units together
Old 01-14-13, 11:56 AM
jtwenger
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone have a link where i can download the US maps for IGO primo 2.0? My SD card only came with the Canadian maps and i need the US ones as well. if there is someone that wants the Canadian maps i can upload those files somewhere on the web if you can help me with the US ones. The map files are about 400 MB.

Also, Is there a way to install the maps right on the system, or do i always have to always keep the SD card with the map in the SD slot?

Last edited by jtwenger; 01-14-13 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-14-13, 04:43 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

^^ I would want know know above as well, and thank you 06pearlex for helping me out! I haven't installed it yet but will this weekend.
Old 01-14-13, 07:30 PM
06pearlex
Rookie

Originally Posted by jtwenger
Does anyone have a link where i can download the US maps for IGO primo 2.0? My SD card only came with the Canadian maps and i need the US ones as well. if there is someone that wants the Canadian maps i can upload those files somewhere on the web if you can help me with the US ones. The map files are about 400 MB.

Also, Is there a way to install the maps right on the system, or do i always have to always keep the SD card with the map in the SD slot?

try this website http://**************.com/forum/forum.php

i installed a black silver theme on my igo 9

Last edited by 06pearlex; 01-14-13 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-14-13, 08:55 PM
jtwenger
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 06pearlex
try this website http://**************.com/forum/forum.php

i installed a black silver theme on my igo 9
cool thanks!

How is IGO 9? is it much better than PRIMO? whats the difference? i want the one that shows all the buildings, so far i haven't see any on my screen...

Last edited by jtwenger; 01-14-13 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-14-13, 09:09 PM
06pearlex
Rookie

Originally Posted by jtwenger
cool thanks!

How is IGO 9? is it much better than PRIMO? whats the difference?
I don't know, its the one that came with the Nav.. I downloaded a theme for it and looks way better than before

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer