IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-13, 03:23 PM
06pearlex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TUNG
I installed the navigation today, Plug everything in and what not, and when I plug the power source from the car to the navigation, and I checked it to see if everything was working, I notice that the navigation screen had no pictures or any of the buttons working, the only button that was working for me was the emergency lights that worked and everything else wasnt, I don't know if my system is defective or not, but would anyone know what I should do or what I did wrong? Also when I switch wires to my non nav, all the buttons worked. Thank you.
You have to make sure the plugs are connected in the correct order. I believe there are two plugs that look the same. Try to connect the one of them, if it doesn't work try the other one. Post a picture so we can have a better idea why the screen is not working.

Last edited by 06pearlex; 01-20-13 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-20-13, 04:32 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

I don't think it was the plugs that were wrong because, once i just took the power button from the navi and plug it to my oem, it worked like everything worked. I took it to a buddies place to install it that works at infiniti, and had it installed, didnt wanan messed with any stuff so i dont have any pictures. I'm just disappointed lol expecting it to work out fine for me but it didnt,
Old 01-20-13, 07:46 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

just got a price of $779 shipped to USA from lsqstar. Anyone else getting quotes around this range or can i get it for cheaper?
Old 01-20-13, 08:42 PM
SteeveJobs
Driver

Originally Posted by pmanliu
just got a price of $779 shipped to USA from lsqstar. Anyone else getting quotes around this range or can i get it for cheaper?
I got the same quote.
Old 01-20-13, 09:17 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

There are 2 or 3 different suppliers, you can try another one to see if you get a different price. On a few pages back, there are links. At first the price range is ~$500 shipped, then it changed to $600 (I got it at around this price). I think a lot of people ordering it so they increase the price. I figure if you stop ordering for a while it would drop

I guess you can determine if it's worth it or not. I was thinking of getting a iPod/USB and bluetooth kit (Grom audio $200) and use my phone as navigation, but thought the cost is close enough, not sure I would do it if it's 4x more (I would if everything on the nav unit is working as it should and don't lose the clock and airbag indicator).

Originally Posted by TUNG
I don't think it was the plugs that were wrong because, once i just took the power button from the navi and plug it to my oem, it worked like everything worked. I took it to a buddies place to install it that works at infiniti, and had it installed, didnt wanan messed with any stuff so i dont have any pictures. I'm just disappointed lol expecting it to work out fine for me but it didnt,
Well, if you're sure you did everything right, then the unit is bad. Without pictures no one can tell if you or your friend did something wrong or not. You could try to exchange the unit.
Old 01-20-13, 09:40 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nosurprise
Well, if you're sure you did everything right, then the unit is bad. Without pictures no one can tell if you or your friend did something wrong or not. You could try to exchange the unit.

In the picture above, mines was the same exact, but I also had my radio (I believe it's for the radio box ) connected. Also, there was a bundle with 2 connectors on it, I only connected one end to navigation and the brake wire i ground it and the other connector was just hanging just like the photo, and To exchange the unit, their making me pay shipping for both, and said that they have to speak with their engineer about this, also they said it was tested before shipped out.
Old 01-20-13, 09:47 PM
nosurprise
Racer

If you connect it same as the other poster with the picture, I'm pretty sure he connected it wrong. He didn't use the Y-splitter cable correctly. The connector from the car need to connect to the splitter cable, then the splitter cable connects to the 2 slots in the nav unit.
Old 01-20-13, 10:20 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nosurprise
If you connect it same as the other poster with the picture, I'm pretty sure he connected it wrong. He didn't use the Y-splitter cable correctly. The connector from the car need to connect to the splitter cable, then the splitter cable connects to the 2 slots in the nav unit.
I'm checking it out tomorrow, but the Y connector is what they provided which was the one with 2 connectors and about 2 strings which is the brake and one more other kind correct ?
Old 01-20-13, 10:37 PM
AZGHOST
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, nosurprise, where in Arizona are you located... I will be getting this unit soon for my 07IS and was wondering if you would be willing to help me install this?
Old 01-21-13, 04:38 AM
916lexus
Driver School Candidate

I've bought the navi. So how do i install it? Anybody have step by step i could follow? I have a 07 lexus is250. Do i need to change a harness to or no? Im quite confused? Any help would be grateful. Sorry still newbie on this.
Old 01-21-13, 11:50 AM
nosurprise
Racer

If you're new, you should read all 50 pages just to get a sense of the issues out there and what you need to do. There is no guide as it's pretty easy to install, you just need to remove the stereo and everything else you just plug in (at the last post I post some links, you only need to remove the stereo):

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...t-cluster.html

Originally Posted by AZGHOST
Hey, nosurprise, where in Arizona are you located... I will be getting this unit soon for my 07IS and was wondering if you would be willing to help me install this?
I'm in Scottsdale. You can PM me your location, but depending on what you want help on, the whole install itself is very time consuming though it's not that difficult.

Edit: I attached the picture on how I think I remember it connected as. The connections that needs to be made is in red for those plugs. Hopefully someone would take a picture of the correct connection and post it here.
Attached Thumbnails Found Flyaudios Manufacturer-photonav3_zps5ab1f74b.jpg  

Last edited by nosurprise; 01-21-13 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-21-13, 07:37 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

^^^
Thanks a lot! This actually worked
Old 01-21-13, 07:39 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

Process of taking apart the consoles and airvent to install the navigation!

Removing the Air Vents

Removing Center Console and Cigaret
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...le-moving.html

Guide to Installation Process of Navigation
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...6k-beware.html
http://www.flyaudio.net/admin/up_diy...us%20IS300.jpg
Old 01-22-13, 06:11 AM
916lexus
Driver School Candidate

I've read all 50 pages and up to this one and i also read the one that you have to change the harness or so to right? When i did the install the only thing happen was the hazard light just kept blinking only. Did i plug in the wrong one or so? I did see that there are two that look alike.
Old 01-22-13, 07:17 AM
Damaster32
Lead Lap

is taking the vents out on the 09+ same process as the 06-08, doing my install this weekend.

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer