Search this Thread

Old 04-26-13, 01:24 PM
Auszero
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MEAHT
And so it begins!

Installing this weekend. Wish me luck!
Can you tell us who your supplier is and how much the total came to with shipping?
Old 04-27-13, 02:10 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

For those who've changed their vents to the newer style when installing these units: Anybody want to sell me their original vents if the face is in good condition?

Recently did some stuff that scratched up mine...

Thanks.
Old 04-28-13, 03:07 PM
OvOxNO
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Can anyone post a link as to where they found the vents on Sewell? I cant find them anywhere
Old 04-28-13, 04:12 PM
Auszero
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by OvOxNO
Can anyone post a link as to where they found the vents on Sewell? I cant find them anywhere
http://is.sewellparts.com/oem-catalo...S250-2010.html

Part # 55670 there
Old 04-28-13, 08:05 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Cant believe how easy the install was. Hardest part about it was removing vents . I highly recommend the trim/mold plastic kits they sell on ebay.
Remember that the bluetooth pin for your phone is 1234, the unit will not tell you this but the manual does.

Got it for 420 plus 80 for shipping and 20 for paypal fee. Got it 3 days after money sent.

Her name is Jennie, and she works for Bonroad.
Email address :
jennie@bonroad.com

Here are a couple of pics:

day pic / color comparison shots

night view with custom white lexus logo screen
Old 04-28-13, 08:47 PM
OvOxNO
Driver

Originally Posted by Auszero
thanks auszero!
Old 04-30-13, 01:33 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Ok after some testing and real world driving here are my thoughts on the unit so far:

AUDIO QUALITY
Theres a HISS whenever audio is played from SD card or A2DP Bluetooth. This makes listening to music through those 2 sources practically impossible, it sounds as if the music was played through a tape. Gave up tapes as soon as CDs came out and gave up CDs the day the MP3 format was created so as you can imagine this is driving me nuts!

Found this online in a random forum
" I decided to remove the LOC and connect my amps to the unit's audio outputs after hearing a pronounced hiss coming from the speakers when the unit was on; connecting the amps directly eliminated the hiss."

Anyone know how to do this? For now its time to go back to AUX

NAV
Installed iGo Primo 2.4 but even after customizing it a bit the map still looks like crap. Anyone have suggestions for Nav software thats easier on the eyes?
NOTE: Def mute the NAV system if you like listening to music, as it cuts off constantly to announce warnings or suggestions.

LOGO
3. Tried updating with a custom logo I created , 16 bit, 800x480 BMP, named logo.bmp but I get a blue screen and error message saying the file is too large, "abnormal". Im a graphic artist and still cant figure out how to get a file that works for it.

CLOCK
As mentioned 100 times the clock is 24 hour format, anyone know how to fix this? I PMed a user who mentioned knowing how to fix but no response.

TEMPERATURE
Mentioned as well, temp is in Celsius, need Fahrenheit. Any luck finding a fix for this?

MOVIES
Audio low? Playing xvid off SD card produces super low audio. Could be that the movie is 5.1 and doesnt play well with stereo systems.

Thanks
MEAHT
Old 04-30-13, 07:45 PM
joedr
Rookie

Meaht,

Do you experience the hiss sound while using the amp? Just trying to figure out if this sound can be mitigated or it is a factory flaw of the system and it will always be there.

Also.... What do they mean that they remove the LOC?
Old 04-30-13, 09:29 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

I haven't login in a while and found a few PMs, I'll answer them.

For the logo, it needs to be 24-bit not 16. The Nav can be adjusted to be less noisy about warnings I think -- though even the least verbose option it seems to talk too much. I don't have any problem with the music from SD card (other than no option to make a playlist), but the A2DP audio breaks up from time to time.
Old 04-30-13, 10:33 PM
OvOxNO
Driver

I just ordered the unit... I've been keeping an eye on this thread.. Some are happy with it... Some are not so happy... Idk what to expect of mine.. I would like to know how to convert the time/temp too though. I believe someone posted in this thread many pages back about a solution for it but I can't be sure.
Old 05-01-13, 08:27 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Sup,
Ok good news

HISS
The "hiss" heard during A2DP audio can be controlled but raising the volume of the phone while lowering the volume on the unit definitely eliminates this annoyance. Not sure what happens with the SD card audio but the hiss was gone there too. Whats cool about A2DP is that I can play music from my iPhone's Dropbox app or music app, also I'm able to skip tracks by pressing and holding the volume button so I dont have to reach across to the screen to skip a track.

TEMP/TIME
My private message to the user with the fix has been answered will post back as soon as I get/update the fix.

LOGO
Still no go :/ Tried everything from using the jpgs provided here and converting them in Photoshop/Paint but I still get the same message "logo.bmp abnormal" error message at startup.

IS THE UNIT WORTH IT ($420)
Absolutely. The install is painless. The more I tailor the config and settings to my liking the more I appreciate the unit. Taking out my iPhone and plugging in the AUX cable every time I got in my car was an exercise in futility, as was holding the phone in my hand with the google maps on (as good as it is) as Im driving. I also couldnt stand the empty space with a clock and the temp controls where I know a Navi should be

Thanks
MEAHT

Last edited by MEAHT; 05-01-13 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-01-13, 08:31 AM
joedr
Rookie

MEAHT....

LOGO: Did you try what nosurprise suggested above?
Old 05-01-13, 09:03 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by joedr
MEAHT....

LOGO: Did you try what nosurprise suggested above?
Yep,even deleted that hidden file on the card, i think its .hhs or something.
Old 05-01-13, 12:52 PM
Damaster32
Lead Lap

I just wish we could use our sirius xm radio
Old 05-01-13, 12:59 PM
joedr
Rookie

Weird! Maybe something corrupted on the SD Card.

Can you let me know the format of the SD Card (FAT?, etc)

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer