Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-13, 03:56 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by joedr
All,
4. Radio: This got me upset. It will not tune correctly and worst…. It will stop around 97 or 98 MHz. So, forget about tune stations higher than that.

6. MP3 Player: I am sure this can be improved for a better looking one. I have not tried using playlists but most likely will improve the user experience with this app.
The radio actually has all the stations, but just doesn't show the correct frequency. This is probably a simple bug to fix since it seems the country code is wrong for the radio.

The MP3 definitely needs some kind of playlist management to be better. Now it just barely works (working with minimal functionality).
Old 05-14-13, 12:56 PM
OvOxNO
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

is there anyway someone could send me a copy or backup of the original D2280 folder? I tried installing the optional skin and got a static blurry looking menu instead, probably my fault. I didnt backup D2280 because I was sure it was going to work and I had no need to revert back. Any help would be appreciated. joedr when I opened the CECMD.exe it brought up a split screen is there anyway you could pm me as to what I may have done wrong. the unti itself is working fine.. the menu isnt right though smh
Old 05-14-13, 01:00 PM
OvOxNO
Driver

well a copy of the blue skin I suppose
Old 05-14-13, 01:35 PM
joedr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Send me your email over PM. I sent the blue skin to MEAHT not long time ago and I can do it for you as well.
Old 05-14-13, 01:42 PM
joedr
Rookie

On a side note............ One upgrade I found useful is that I am running iGo from the iNAND location instead of the SD Card.

A few benefits:

1. Faster Loading (I need to measure correctly to be sure)
2. No need to have the SD Card in place. It is very difficult to constantly remove the card to do any change.
3. Better reliability while switching between MP3 Player, iGo and Bluetooth calling.

How to do it?

Just modify the Navigator.ini file inside the D2280

from this: \Storage Card\IGO8\iGO8.exe

to this: \iNAND\IGO8\iGO8.exe

and copy the iGo folder from your SD Card to the internal memory called "iNAND".
Old 05-14-13, 07:29 PM
MNLexus250
Driver School Candidate

Default Here is the fix to FM Radio!

First I'd like to say to anyone who wonders if they can install this unit themself, the answer is YES! I am a woman who knows nothing about cars or electronics but thanks to this forum, I had all the information I needed to install it myself without damaging anything! It is a true plug and play install.

Thank you CL members for all the wonderful info shared on this site!!

My car is an 08 and I ordered it through LSQ Star early May for $540 including shipping. My sales rep there is Jery and she has been really great and very responsive. She did tell me that they no longer sell this unit for that price though and that it is now $600 + shipping and add-ons. It did take a full month before I received it because they don't have them in stock.

She's been so great that she sent me the update to fix the FM station issue! Now the problem is I'm not sure what to do with it and worried about uploading it wrong and messing up my system which works like a charm otherwise. So.... Below is a dropbox link to the 3 files (which may also include an updated OS version? - I really don't know what the files are....).

Anyone familiar with the update process wants to try this fix and let us know if it works? Based on everyone's feedback I'll update mine then.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u3jsttopjwgh6gt/sBSCXqSTKy

Hope this works!!
Old 05-14-13, 08:50 PM
06pearlex
Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by MNLexus250
First I'd like to say to anyone who wonders if they can install this unit themself, the answer is YES! I am a woman who knows nothing about cars or electronics but thanks to this forum, I had all the information I needed to install it myself without damaging anything! It is a true plug and play install.

Thank you CL members for all the wonderful info shared on this site!!

My car is an 08 and I ordered it through LSQ Star early May for $540 including shipping. My sales rep there is Jery and she has been really great and very responsive. She did tell me that they no longer sell this unit for that price though and that it is now $600 + shipping and add-ons. It did take a full month before I received it because they don't have them in stock.

She's been so great that she sent me the update to fix the FM station issue! Now the problem is I'm not sure what to do with it and worried about uploading it wrong and messing up my system which works like a charm otherwise. So.... Below is a dropbox link to the 3 files (which may also include an updated OS version? - I really don't know what the files are....).

Anyone familiar with the update process wants to try this fix and let us know if it works? Based on everyone's feedback I'll update mine then.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u3jsttopjwgh6gt/sBSCXqSTKy

Hope this works!!
Thanks for the update that was a life safer lol ......... I unzip the C8018LI_US_EU_PRIMA_V1.28.0 and inside you find a D2280 file. Next, I place the update and the D2280 on the SD card. I placed the SD the radio and turn it on. You have go to the settings and click on the update option. It’s going to take you to the windows desktop. You have to click on my device and then you have to find a file called static storage. There you see a D2280 old file you have to delete it. The next step is you have to go back and find a SD storage file and click on. You have to find the new D2280 that you copied from your computer to the SD card. You have to copy the file and go back to the static storage file and paste it where the old D2280 was located. Finally, click the new D2280 file and find a file called manager.exe and click it. The radio will return back to normal.

Last edited by 06pearlex; 05-14-13 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-14-13, 10:05 PM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one thing that annoyed me the most on this nav is now fixed!! Thanks for the new files MNLexus250

Last edited by J250; 05-14-13 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-15-13, 02:16 AM
OvOxNO
Driver

Thanks Joedr youre a life saver man. I finally figured out what i was doing wrong to begin with and I have my blue skin back. And the radio station fix.. clutch. Now for the temp and time change.............
Old 05-15-13, 03:12 AM
felo2081
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OvOxNO
Thanks Joedr youre a life saver man. I finally figured out what i was doing wrong to begin with and I have my blue skin back. And the radio station fix.. clutch. Now for the temp and time change.............
Nosurprise sent me a patch for that a few weeks ago and work on mine!
Old 05-15-13, 03:49 AM
OvOxNO
Driver

Originally Posted by felo2081
for the temp and time? mind sharing?... and I had to revert back to factory settings after the radio station fix, it wouldnt open the navi extension on the SD card from the new D2280 folder
Old 05-15-13, 05:11 AM
Damaster32
Lead Lap

Still can't find the setting where when your using the Navi the music still plays??? Every time Im using Navi and the voice comes on to tell me to turn or something the music cuts off then doesn't come back on until I hit Play or the station im listen to.

Can anyone help please
Old 05-15-13, 07:11 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by felo2081
Glad the issue has been resolved! Please share the fix if you don't mind
Old 05-15-13, 09:57 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Damaster32
Still can't find the setting where when your using the Navi the music still plays??? Every time Im using Navi and the voice comes on to tell me to turn or something the music cuts off then doesn't come back on until I hit Play or the station im listen to.

Can anyone help please
Go to the settings, i think notifications and check the sound settings, press the speaker icon to mute the navi.
This had me buggin, once muted I can now blast my music in peace.
Old 05-15-13, 10:03 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

A ton of good info going around, special shout outs to JOEDR!
Gotta find some time to fix this unit up and design a decent GUI. Problem I see with editing the GUI is the text, all the text on the menus basically have to stay where they are

If we can change the fonts and make the text look less jagged then we can really upgrade this unit.

MEAHT

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer