Search this Thread

Old 07-30-13, 11:38 AM
SlvrLEXUS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TV tunner

Originally Posted by tenaciousF
Any updates on the TV tuner SlvrLEXUS?
Well the free tuner i received was an analog one so, i believe thats my problem. Also a digital TV is around $100 and they cant be used while driving. So I current don't have any plans of buying a Digital tuner.
Old 07-31-13, 11:04 AM
denso1
Driver School Candidate

I was thinking about picking up one of these but trying to find the best price. I was quoted 645.00 shipped. Is this a good price?
Old 08-03-13, 10:17 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Quick question...

I'm trying to wire a camera to the "VIDEO IN" wire but the image just keeps flickering on the screen. However when i connect it to the "CCD" it works fine. I'm wondering if theres anything additional I need to do to get the "VIDEO IN" wire to work? (e.g. do i have to ground the "ILL" wire / "video cont" wires?)
Old 08-07-13, 04:57 AM
icrash
Driver

Smile

Originally Posted by MEAHT
But wait...it gets better.

WOW man, that's is some really great work done!!)
Any thoughts of when you finish putting the interface to such good look and share with us?))
Old 08-07-13, 01:49 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Lol thanks for the interest iCrash. I will be releasing this skin (along with others) probably this weekend. Just finishing up tweaks right now real-world testing. For example, the white menu you posted above wont make it into final design. Reason? Daytime it looks awesome, night time? Way too bright :/ Which sucks cuz my car is all white with black.

Right now my preferred menu color combo is black with grey

Ill keep you guys posted.
thanks
MEAHT
Old 08-07-13, 06:45 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

That's one of the bigger problem with this unit. It's too bright at night and not bright enough during the day, and you can't adjust the brightness.

Originally Posted by pmanliu
Quick question...

I'm trying to wire a camera to the "VIDEO IN" wire but the image just keeps flickering on the screen. However when i connect it to the "CCD" it works fine. I'm wondering if theres anything additional I need to do to get the "VIDEO IN" wire to work? (e.g. do i have to ground the "ILL" wire / "video cont" wires?)
The ILL wire is for illumination to be connected to the lights for the buttons, I don't think it's needed for our car and pretty sure not related to video. Video IN might be related to the TV, so maybe connect the same as to get the TV to work without the antenna.
Old 08-07-13, 08:25 PM
booyaa63
Driver School Candidate

anyone know where to get a screen with a digitizer for the flyaudio unit
Old 08-07-13, 08:56 PM
06pearlex
Rookie

Originally Posted by booyaa63
anyone know where to get a screen with a digitizer for the flyaudio unit
i had to send my unit to flyaudio to get the screen repair.
Old 08-09-13, 07:16 PM
Asher
Rookie

Default Pls help

I take my nav from my 08 and put it on 2010 and no screen no light on the bottoms any one know if thers somthing else that i need to conect ? Thers any diffrense from 2008 model to 2010 is
Old 08-09-13, 07:50 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nosurprise
That's one of the bigger problem with this unit. It's too bright at night and not bright enough during the day, and you can't adjust the brightness.

The ILL wire is for illumination to be connected to the lights for the buttons, I don't think it's needed for our car and pretty sure not related to video. Video IN might be related to the TV, so maybe connect the same as to get the TV to work without the antenna.
Thanks, figured out the issue. Needed to switch the video format between NTSC/PAL then the flickering stopped
Old 08-12-13, 03:50 AM
eightysix
Driver School Candidate

When I connect my iphone through usb i get this error, anyone knows how to solve this?

thanks
Attached Thumbnails Found Flyaudios Manufacturer-img_4146.jpg  
Old 08-12-13, 07:15 PM
booyaa63
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 06pearlex
i had to send my unit to flyaudio to get the screen repair.

i cant even get in touch with them
Old 08-12-13, 08:40 PM
06pearlex
Rookie

I called tech support at 866-325-9880. After I talked to them they gave me a RMA return number. I shipped the damage unit to Washington. I waited like 3 or 4 days and got the unit back with a brand new screen.
Old 08-28-13, 11:42 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Whats up guys. The menu redesigns are almost complete. I just need one favor. For the life of me I cant get custom background to work, even after saving in every time of BMP imaginable. Can someone send me a BMP that has worked for them? I have included links to the original and a white custom screen in case someone wants to convert them to BMP for me.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...s_original.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...exus_white.jpg

By mistake I changed it (the only time it worked!) to the is-f logo which I definitely dont want seeing as how I dont own an F.

Once you send me this I can finish up the project and release the custom menus for all to use

Thanks guys
Old 09-21-13, 07:34 PM
JC08IS250
Driver School Candidate

BUMP....so I got my 30k service done today and afterwards the navi crashed and I reset it with the hidden small reset button. Well now when I press the screen it seems the calibration is off because where I press the screen is off by more than an inch. For example, I press the back button on the lower left corner and it hits the menu button 1-2 inches higher in the bluetooth menu. I did try to re-calibrate it but it still does it. =(

Has anyone experienced this issue and is there a way to truly reset this navi unit besides the hidden reset button? When I hit that button it doesn't clear any radio codes or anything. I'm thinking of unplugging the battery cable? I don't know if this is a coincidence that this happened after my 30k service or what?

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer