IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-14, 12:27 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by nosurprise
I had the same issue about the font when I was updating, but I didn't turn off the unit; instead I copied the new d2280 folder over and overwrite the stuff.

The problem you have now it's looking for the Manager.exe file in the unit and can't find it. You can try holding the Menu button for 20 seconds as it turns on to see if you can get to a special menu. Otherwise, you probably need to return it for service.
Holding the menu button doesnt work :/
Old 03-20-14, 12:38 AM
metaleckz
Racer

what if i use the usb from the navigation and plug it in my windows?
can i open it from there?
Old 03-23-14, 01:42 AM
metaleckz
Racer

how do you change the gps' port and baudrate?
and how do you also change the config settings to fix the temp from C>F?
Old 03-24-14, 12:27 AM
metaleckz
Racer

what GPS are you guys using?
Old 03-28-14, 08:22 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Has anyone gotten their DVD function to work. I found a very rare time where I would use it (waiting for my GF at the salon) but it keeps on saying "Enjoy Music while Driving" with no video. Im assuming is a wire connected to the shifter that is supposed to be connected? anyone have any issues with this?
Old 03-28-14, 08:38 PM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

there is a ground wires on the back of the unit, all you have to do is connect it to the metal frame that hold the system and you are good
Old 03-28-14, 09:03 PM
Serifiyah
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Ground the pink "brake" wire.
Old 03-29-14, 07:06 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

AWESOME!! thanks
Old 04-03-14, 01:10 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by metaleckz
how do you change the gps' port and baudrate?
and how do you also change the config settings to fix the temp from C>F?
I can't remember exactly, but there's a file called sys.txt or something in the iGO folder, within there you can set parameters and configure iGO. Google what to add to it to set the baud rate and port.

My issue is the music player. I can play music off my USB drive, but everytime I restart the car, all the settings (random on, last song played, song position etc) reset. It's quite annoying that it defaults back to the first song every time. Does anyone else have this issue or a fix?

Secondly, the music player is awful, there's no setting for artist or anything. I am stuck with having to pick through thousands of songs... which usually leads me to just use MP3 CDs or my iPOD.

Next issue would be that when my iPOD is playing and I turn up the volume, I can hear some static noise in the background, anyone else have this issue or a fix?

And my last issue is with playing MP3 CDs, there's no text display... even my stock non-navi head unit could display song title and artist.

Another thing I want to mention is that I have the original firmware files for our units. So, if you screw something up, you can reflash and all will be well again. If someone needs them, let me know and I will try and upload them. I have already tried to use them when I installed pocket mio then tried to remove it.

And finally, if anyone has installed the backup camera that replaces the license plate LED housing, you may notice the LED is much whiter than the factory light on the other side. I found the easiest way to make them match is to take masking tape and put two layers over the light. It is completely hidden until you open the trunk and matches perfectly at night.
Old 04-03-14, 02:27 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Im in same exact boat as you man. Currently listening to music from the SD card. Turning your car on only to play that same song is so irritating. Sadly no fix for this, Ive tried everything :/

Stopped using an old iphone because of the static, so I wanted to take it apart and check the ground cable. Iphone/ipod is defintely the best solution since it starts right where it left off, you can control it from device/steering wheel/screen and you have playlists. You can also have the phone update your music collection automatically if wifi is enabled and your car is parked outside your house.

All in all I still love the system but the music playing does suck donkey d#ck.
Old 04-04-14, 11:41 AM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MEAHT
Im in same exact boat as you man. Currently listening to music from the SD card. Turning your car on only to play that same song is so irritating. Sadly no fix for this, Ive tried everything :/

Stopped using an old iphone because of the static, so I wanted to take it apart and check the ground cable. Iphone/ipod is defintely the best solution since it starts right where it left off, you can control it from device/steering wheel/screen and you have playlists. You can also have the phone update your music collection automatically if wifi is enabled and your car is parked outside your house.

All in all I still love the system but the music playing does suck donkey d#ck.
Does yours play MP4 video files? I have tried everything, including installing other video players in WinCE, but the closest I have gotten was playing the sound.

I have no issues with .avi video files though.

As far as I knew, this unit was supposed to be capable of playing most video formats.
Old 04-04-14, 01:17 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

mp4 files are encoded using h264, which is kinda recent (3-4 years). Our console was built before that. This is why .avi works, avi files are usually xvid or the older divx which can be handled by our console. Usually I download a couple different movie versions and one of them usually ends up playing. Not sure if it only accepts ac3 audio or mp3 audio, but I do know its one of the two.

Hope this helps.
MEAHT
Old 04-05-14, 12:50 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I don't have that problem with the MP3 player. It resumes playing at where the car turns off. Yeah, I think the MP3 player is too limited by not letting you editing the playlist or playing by different categories. There is a folder where the MP3 player stores playlists \NAND Flash\Audio. Maybe you can try deleting the content in there (warning: while I think it's safe to try and i would try it if I have the problem, it might cause issues for you).
Old 04-06-14, 05:46 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nosurprise
I don't have that problem with the MP3 player. It resumes playing at where the car turns off.
That's awesome! Youre talking about the player that comes up when you press the "music" button? What version of the OS do you have?I think i have 1.53. Care to send me your mp3player.exe?

Thanks
MEAHT
Old 04-06-14, 07:47 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I'm not sure of the version, but I use the software from MNLexus250; posted on page 62 (there is a download link there).

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer