IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-14, 07:29 PM
AKhanis350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by getafewliv
I did the same thing and bought a wireless camera set up. I then realized that the easiest place to get a signal for reverse was from the reverse bulb at the tail light. I also realized that the RCA cable that comes with the backup camera has an extra wire, exactly for this purpose. Once I saw that, I decided screw it, and ran the cable. It honestly did not take long and was not difficult. The hardest part for me was that I have a custom sub woofer box that replaced the floor boards and backing in the trunk, and it is not easy to remove.
what gauge wire did you use?

Originally Posted by pmanliu
FWIW here is what you need to wire each lead to for the backup camera to work

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7871075-post826.html
thanks for the link!

any way to make the Bluetooth quality better and the iPod connection?
Old 05-06-14, 11:08 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I read quite a few posts on this thread. Now that it's been a while, is there a consensus as to which units are better than others, and which vendors are good? I've been registered on there for a long time so I've got updated prices already and am think of getting a few of these. Certainly one for myself at least.
Old 05-07-14, 08:34 AM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by twojayzee
I read quite a few posts on this thread. Now that it's been a while, is there a consensus as to which units are better than others, and which vendors are good? I've been registered on there for a long time so I've got updated prices already and am think of getting a few of these. Certainly one for myself at least.
I ended up buying two. Found a good supplier and got a good deal.

After trying to sell it locally in a fairly large city, I threw it on eBay... I am not making much at all.
Old 05-07-14, 08:47 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by getafewliv
I ended up buying two. Found a good supplier and got a good deal.

After trying to sell it locally in a fairly large city, I threw it on eBay... I am not making much at all.
I appreciate that. I've seen a few on fleebay that I figured were due to that reason.
I found a similar supplier. Which brand of unit did you get ?
Old 05-22-14, 09:35 AM
tenaciousF
Rookie

Has anyone been able to get the digital TV tuner to work?
Old 05-27-14, 07:01 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The unit is capable of using a digital TV tuner but doesn't have the appropriate antenna/receiver which you would have to buy separately. Some may require a subscription to use it mobile, others may just use waves from a local antenna
Old 06-12-14, 02:05 PM
Lexus76012
Driver School Candidate

Default New Headunit, new version of D2280

I just purchased and installed the Roadrover 8018 unit in my 2011 IS250. Overall it was an easy upgrade. Before going with the RoadRover unit, I did quite a bit of research, including reading all 75 pages of this thread. I thought I had amassed enough knowledge of the unit to fix the issues regarding Celsius/Fahrenheit, 12 hour clock, XM, and Radio Station frequencies. What I didn't expect was to get a radio with a newer software version than the one discussed here. Mine reads 1.29.

Although my version appears to be newer, it still has the same issues as all the others. My Sirius/XM still works, but I can only control it by manual the tuning **** on the CD changer. There was no sat.exe that I could find in the D2280 folder. I also could not find any options to change the Temperature ,Clock or FM settings.

For the ones who have fixed these issues, was it as simple as replacing the D2280 folder with the one that was posted by MNLexus250, or are there changes that need to be made to a config file somewhere?

I am a little concerned about going backwards to the fixed version of 1.28. Not being all that familiar with these, I wasn't sure if there was backward compatibility with them.

If I have missed the answers to these questions in this thread, please forgive me. I have read through them twice. If anyone can offer help, please PM me or post your suggestions here.
Old 06-12-14, 07:52 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexus76012
I just purchased and installed the Roadrover 8018 unit in my 2011 IS250. Overall it was an easy upgrade. Before going with the RoadRover unit, I did quite a bit of research, including reading all 75 pages of this thread. I thought I had amassed enough knowledge of the unit to fix the issues regarding Celsius/Fahrenheit, 12 hour clock, XM, and Radio Station frequencies. What I didn't expect was to get a radio with a newer software version than the one discussed here. Mine reads 1.29.

Although my version appears to be newer, it still has the same issues as all the others. My Sirius/XM still works, but I can only control it by manual the tuning **** on the CD changer. There was no sat.exe that I could find in the D2280 folder. I also could not find any options to change the Temperature ,Clock or FM settings.

For the ones who have fixed these issues, was it as simple as replacing the D2280 folder with the one that was posted by MNLexus250, or are there changes that need to be made to a config file somewhere?

I am a little concerned about going backwards to the fixed version of 1.28. Not being all that familiar with these, I wasn't sure if there was backward compatibility with them.

If I have missed the answers to these questions in this thread, please forgive me. I have read through them twice. If anyone can offer help, please PM me or post your suggestions here.
The versions don't really make any difference as long as it is a version meant for a Lexus 2IS.

The FM settings should be fixed if you replaced the D2280 folder with the correct one from this thread.

The clock settings, not 100% sure, I feel like I remember reading that people had done it, but I didn't care enough to bother.

Temperature change, also not sure because you're wrong and Celsius is a better unit of temperature measurement.

Don't worry about messing things up with the unit, there's factory set up files that can fix most issues. I had my unit completely messed up and was still able to fix it. I was playing around a lot within Windows CE and trying to put on different software.
Old 06-13-14, 05:18 PM
iNfectious
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I probably read this thread three times already lol. Twice before I bought it and once after I made the purchase in case I missed anything.

*The clock is displayed correctly only on the main screen.
*The temperature fix is a hit/miss with some software. It didn't work for me and I am using MNLexus' software. I haven't tried it on the software that came with my unit.
*The radio is fixed with the software from MNLexus250. I used the whole software but I think you can get away with the radio.exe and keep your 1.29 software.

Backup your D2280 to a SD card just in case.
Old 06-16-14, 07:20 AM
Lexus76012
Driver School Candidate

Thank you iNfectious for sharing your experience with MNLexus' version of the D2280. I tried replacing the entire D2280 folder as well as just the radio.exe. Both fixed my radio issue, but I couldn't tell any difference in the operation of the unit between the 1.28 and 1.29 versions. They appeared identical except for the version data in the top right corner.

The temperature fix didn't work for me either. It was worth a shot.

Oh, and getafewliv, thank you for pointing out that I am wrong. :-)
Old 06-30-14, 12:52 PM
NZIS350
Driver School Candidate

Hi team

Just had the unit installed here in New Zealand without too many major issues (cheers to Droth for answering all my questions).

Main outstanding this is the USB connector. From what I can understand, it's possible to just cut the end off and splice a female USB plug on but that sounds like hard work.

My car's a 2006, does anyone know whether you can retrofit the factory USB plug (2009+?) into the centre console and then just connect the USB on the unit straight onto the back of that factory USB port?

I can't even seem to find the part number for the factory USB port on Sewells

Thanks in advance
Old 06-30-14, 12:59 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to find a factory plug and use it. Since it will just be connecting to the Roadrover unit.

Personally, I found it easier to cut the plug and solder on a connector. Do not try and solder a cable to a cable, you will have issues. Get a proper female plug with pins.

I also preferred cutting the cable because I wanted it in my glove box. Works great, I have an 8gb flash drive plugged into it. I used to have a 60gb hard drive, but the drive itself was having issues.

One extra note, buying a female to female USB gender bender will NOT work.
Old 06-30-14, 01:44 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Later model USB harness will work. Should be able to get one from wrecker in AU (prob wont be able to find one here in NZ). I got a USB extension cable cut the male end off and replaced the cable in nav unit.
Old 07-01-14, 12:45 PM
NZIS350
Driver School Candidate

Great thanks. Will figure something out for the USB.

Only other issues is GPS reception is pretty bad but I've got the GPS receiver on top of the unit so probably not a surprise. Where have other mounted it? Is the cable long enough to run it up the A pillar and have it near the rear view mirror? I don't really want to mount it on the dash.

Finally, has anyone had any luck linking to an iPhone 5s via the cable. No issues with A2PD (other than a hiss) but using a 30pin to lightning adapter allows me to charge, but it won't recognise anything on the ipodlink screen. Any ideas?

Many thanks
Old 07-02-14, 09:05 AM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

I have my GPS antenna mounted right next to the Rear view mirror.

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer