IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-17, 02:49 AM
Htoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I've contacted to Thonzar Sales girl. It looks like they became arseholes because we're trying to buy a lot. She's very much non-cooperative. I've asked her to show me screenshot of bluetooth phones and AC controls. Her reply was like "You don't need to see it, it works. Everybody is buying it". I also mentioned some of DaveKAYos' issues and they don't seem to care about fixing them too. I got response meaning like "buy it or leave". In addition, they were telling everyone it's Android 5.1. However, Dave's screenshot clearly showed us 4.4.2 which is a worry because 5.1 is more memory efficient and 1GB of their RAM will work well. For 4.4.2, 1GB RAM might get to a point of not enough after several apps install. At this point, I don't think I can ask them firmware files too even if I bought them and some issues like audio quality and bluetooth call quality are turning me away from it. And the company itself have terrible pre-sales service, I can only imaging even worse post-sales service too.
The following users liked this post:
Retroplay (01-05-17)
Old 01-05-17, 03:58 AM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Htoo
Hi,
I'm using ivic for a year now. The longer you use it, it slowly become painful plugging in android phone, looking at charging status and as well as mouse pointer issues. There is another option though, called Groom vline which is basically ivic with android inside. But it still have mouse pointer issues like ivic since our nav units are not capacitive touch screens which android is designed for. I'm now looking to this Thonzar unit to purchase. Android 4.4.2 can be rooted with KingRoot and can further increase volume from modifications. You can even install Sony's software preamp into it. But you need firmware files from them to recover in case something goes wrong.

edit:
Forgot to mention, I'm a hard core android developer. Will try to fix the issues if I get to buy the unit.
Htoo
​​
It is possible to copy the NAND partitions, of course. But if you damage the loader, then you are hosed. Some SoC's have a failsafe bootloader, but I cannot find really any documentation for this SoC. This is why I usually prefer to build the systems myself, then I know exactly what to expect. There are two types of people though, tinkerers like us, and those that just want a system that works. It does seem like this product requires a lot of tinkering and support from people like us, but that is dependent on Thonzer being cooperative. As you noted in your communications with them, it doesn't look like they will be cooperative.

BTW, your issue with the mouse pointers. What is the need for multi-touch in this application? I am very curious about your experience with the iVic and Vline systems, but do not want to hijack this thread with that discussion. Private Messages, perhaps?
Old 01-05-17, 05:02 AM
DaveKAYos
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Htoo
I've contacted to Thonzar Sales girl. It looks like they became arseholes because we're trying to buy a lot. She's very much non-cooperative. I've asked her to show me screenshot of bluetooth phones and AC controls. Her reply was like "You don't need to see it, it works. Everybody is buying it". I also mentioned some of DaveKAYos' issues and they don't seem to care about fixing them too. I got response meaning like "buy it or leave". In addition, they were telling everyone it's Android 5.1. However, Dave's screenshot clearly showed us 4.4.2 which is a worry because 5.1 is more memory efficient and 1GB of their RAM will work well. For 4.4.2, 1GB RAM might get to a point of not enough after several apps install. At this point, I don't think I can ask them firmware files too even if I bought them and some issues like audio quality and bluetooth call quality are turning me away from it. And the company itself have terrible pre-sales service, I can only imaging even worse post-sales service too.
It very depends on who you talk to and how you talk to them. I have a very friendly and fast responding contact ( I told them that i want to sell a bigger amount of this Units in Germany, but therefore better quality is strictly required and I asked if they can fix the issues). They forwarded it to the developers (they said so) and will give me feedback. Maybe I could try to ask the Firmware Files?

About the Sound Quality: I ordered a preamp and together with a software-EQ there should be some improvenemt. I will test it.
I took another look at the wiring and it shows, that they connected the navigation unit with simple cinch stereo cable to the AUX-IN Port of the Original Unit (Thonzers Wiring Harness has a cinch stereo out cable and a cinch stereo in cable. The Unit is just a big MP3-Player connected to AUX as you want. I think Retroplay mentioned something like that already.
So I am trying to connect the new Preamp in between to raise the line signal.

Also if somebody could develop an UI for the original sources there would be no more problem with sound quality and bluetooth. Because everything still works from the original unit. Even the old Bluetooth Connection still works with great quality so there would be almost no need to use their built-in USB or bluetooth stuff.
There is just an UI missing, so you can´t configure anything and once you disconnect your cars battery, you have to switch to your old Radio Unit to configure it again...
Old 01-05-17, 05:33 AM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DaveKAYos
Also if somebody could develop an UI for the original sources there would be no more problem with sound quality and bluetooth. Because everything still works from the original unit. Even the old Bluetooth Connection still works with great quality so there would be almost no need to use their built-in USB or bluetooth stuff.
There is just an UI missing, so you can´t configure anything and once you disconnect your cars battery, you have to switch to your old Radio Unit to configure it again...

A UI for the original sources is not possible if it is not controlling the IE-BUS. Unlike the OEM nav unit, it is not directly controlling the radio or amplifier. It would require additional hardware and drivers.
Old 01-05-17, 05:57 AM
DaveKAYos
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Retroplay
A UI for the original sources is not possible if it is not controlling the IE-BUS. Unlike the OEM nav unit, it is not directly controlling the radio or amplifier. It would require additional hardware and drivers.
But why it works with CD and FM? There is a UI for CD. You can not see the Songs but you can do EQ Settings and switch tracks on the touchscreen. The same with FM. There is EQ and other stuff that you can control via touch.
Old 01-05-17, 06:04 AM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DaveKAYos
But why it works with CD and FM? There is a UI for CD. You can not see the Songs but you can do EQ Settings and switch tracks on the touchscreen. The same with FM. There is EQ and other stuff that you can control via touch.
Hmm... would it be too much trouble to do some video of the operation? If it is controlling the CD and FM of the radio, then it must have control of the IE-Bus, but from everything else you have described, it doesn't seem to. To control the EQ would require control of the amp. Maybe it is just not very well thought out software and patchy.

But the good news is that if it is controlling the IE-Bus, then it is possible to create the UI you describe.
Old 01-05-17, 06:25 AM
DaveKAYos
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Retroplay
Hmm... would it be too much trouble to do some video of the operation? If it is controlling the CD and FM of the radio, then it must have control of the IE-Bus, but from everything else you have described, it doesn't seem to. To control the EQ would require control of the amp. Maybe it is just not very well thought out software and patchy.

But the good news is that if it is controlling the IE-Bus, then it is possible to create the UI you describe.
Yeah thats what I thought. I will record a video today where i will switch through the menus and show the controls that are already possible.
Old 01-05-17, 09:38 AM
Htoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

DaveKAYos,
I tried to be polite and friendly as I am usually okay with chinese suppliers that way. And also mentioned that I want to resell the units in my country too . I even try to communicate through their wechat account, to have a more lively conversation. The person is not responsive and not friendly. May I know the name of your contact? and perhaps his/her email? And you should definitely try asking firmware files, at least for yourself.

It is possible to root the device, get the CD and FM apps and look inside them for how to implement the same to AUX and USB, because they'd probably be similar. But
uBluetooth controls will be whole another thing to create. Would love to see your video in action too, if it's not too much trouble.

Htoo
Old 01-06-17, 08:20 AM
DaveKAYos
Driver School Candidate

Sorry guys, had no time to upload a video yet. Will do it tomorrow
Old 01-06-17, 12:13 PM
bazzle01
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Has anyone used one of these units to replace the Original (OE) Navi unit (IS350 2011)

Thanks Bazzle
Old 01-06-17, 02:28 PM
DaveKAYos
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bazzle01
Has anyone used one of these units to replace the Original (OE) Navi unit (IS350 2011)

Thanks Bazzle
As I know the wiring is different. This units are specifically made for replacing the non-navigation radio units.
Old 01-07-17, 01:08 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by bazzle01

Thanks Bazzle
Yes, someone in this thread of forum has said he replaced his nav unit with these and posted wiring alterations needed.
Old 01-07-17, 03:54 PM
bazzle01
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks, I must of missed that post
I read about 60 pages.!

Edit:
Found Post #387
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...cturer-26.html

Must read it thru a few times...

It was on an early model, mine is 2011. Also it leaves a few ends open and unanswered, not quite right methinks?

Thanks Bazzle

Last edited by bazzle01; 01-08-17 at 04:09 AM.
Old 01-07-17, 06:14 PM
DaveKAYos
Driver School Candidate

Got a new answer from thonzer:

Firstly , our engineer suggest that you press the " RES " Reset button to reset this DVD . By the way , your lexus car is what version and what year ? Your original car armrest have AUX-IN AND USB ? Pls also take an photo to us .
  • no german language--------Yes now don't support german ,but we will add this german in further order .
  • passenger airbag control lamp always on (!)------
    Pls take an photo of this lamp to us ,our enginer need to check .
  • no RDS----------RDS can add but you need to remark when you place an order . RDS is optional function
  • FM Frequencies only < 105 Mhz ( In Germany we need 108 Mhz)-------------Radio use original car 's radio , so it is no business with our lexus dvd . Your previouse original car radio can work ?
  • Steering Wheel Buttons for Phone have wrong functionality------------Can you explain this problem more clearly ? which button have problem, function how wrong ?
  • Bluetooth soundquality and phone quality is bad (loud noise)------------This problem we can improve in next order .
  • missing app to manage the original AUX-IN, USB and Bluetooth Source from inside the armrest.--------------The original car's AUX has no effect because our lexus machine's sound takes up the AUX of the original car

sorry for letting you wait for the videos. I will upload them now on youtube and post the link.
Old 01-07-17, 06:44 PM
DaveKAYos
Driver School Candidate

Here two videos. Sorry it was late and dark and my phone camera is not the best. But this videos should already give you a good first view.

(Youtube deleted the sound of my second video due to copyright issues because of the music playing in it. Sorry for that)

Last edited by DaveKAYos; 01-07-17 at 07:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer