IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

PIC REQUEST for VISORS on SFP

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-12, 11:49 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts
Default PIC REQUEST for VISORS on SFP

As the title says, all and any owners with SFP 2IS's with JDM or AVS seamless visors can you please post up some good pics of yours? Let me know your personal experience with them etc... I've already blew alot of money on my car this summer, buying two sets of wheels & tires + TPMS for each set and the 2012 headlights. My next mod will be the visors. I just really need to try to justify if I want to put out $400 for pieces of plastic that could very well get stolen off my car. I have read many threads about them and some say they've had issues with the AVS warping, some haven't. Everyone says the AVS has to be slightly modified to fit perfectly which is fine with me. And lastly that the chrome trim on the AVS is not as good as the JDM's. The only major difference is that the JDM's say "LEXUS" on it. Other than that they look almost identical. Am I missing anything? Lastly please can nobody turn this into a rep vs authentic "pay to play" "don't fake the funk" "support real manufacturers" thread etc etc. Some things are worth spending top dollar on, and some aren't. But I am not gonna buy something for the sake of supporting any company when at the end of the day all they care about is my $$$ Thanks
Old 08-09-12, 12:00 AM
DaKi3241
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
As the title says, all and any owners with SFP 2IS's with JDM or AVS seamless visors can you please post up some good pics of yours? Let me know your personal experience with them etc... I've already blew alot of money on my car this summer, buying two sets of wheels & tires + TPMS for each set and the 2012 headlights. My next mod will be the visors. I just really need to try to justify if I want to put out $400 for pieces of plastic that could very well get stolen off my car. I have read many threads about them and some say they've had issues with the AVS warping, some haven't. Everyone says the AVS has to be slightly modified to fit perfectly which is fine with me. And lastly that the chrome trim on the AVS is not as good as the JDM's. The only major difference is that the JDM's say "LEXUS" on it. Other than that they look almost identical. Am I missing anything? Lastly please can nobody turn this into a rep vs authentic "pay to play" "don't fake the funk" "support real manufacturers" thread etc etc. Some things are worth spending top dollar on, and some aren't. But I am not gonna buy something for the sake of supporting any company when at the end of the day all they care about is my $$$ Thanks
hey! I say wait on the visors! There have been numerous amounts of people parting out and selling their visors! just be on a look out!

But yeah I personally saw some people's avs visors and they look alright. Personally I think they look oem when looking from the front... but when you look from the back, I think the chrome trim of the avs is too thick when it lays down on the far end of the visors on the rear doors.

IF you are not too OCD about it then I say save money and get the avs. I had my jdm for about 3-4 years now and still no problem! I would be scared about the warping issue and especially in the hot summer days! IF you garage your car I would be more prone to getting the avs if you are desperate and dont have the time to wait for a used one!
Old 08-09-12, 12:19 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DaKi3241
hey! I say wait on the visors! There have been numerous amounts of people parting out and selling their visors! just be on a look out!

But yeah I personally saw some people's avs visors and they look alright. Personally I think they look oem when looking from the front... but when you look from the back, I think the chrome trim of the avs is too thick when it lays down on the far end of the visors on the rear doors.

IF you are not too OCD about it then I say save money and get the avs. I had my jdm for about 3-4 years now and still no problem! I would be scared about the warping issue and especially in the hot summer days! IF you garage your car I would be more prone to getting the avs if you are desperate and dont have the time to wait for a used one!
interesting... I haven't seen anyone post their JDMs for sale yet. thanks for the info. But yest my car is garaged. I don't have to get them immediately but I would definitely like to have them asap to complete the look of my car
Old 08-09-12, 12:22 AM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think jdm visors are worth every penny ! too bad my car is sgm!
Old 08-09-12, 12:29 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by langjaykev
i think jdm visors are worth every penny ! too bad my car is sgm!
Your opinion still counts
I just wanna see both on SFP's to get an idea of how each would look on my car
Old 08-09-12, 02:31 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

AVS look cheap and bulky imo. To the average joe they may not be able to tell. But once youve seen the sleek design of the oem ones its pretty obvious
Old 08-09-12, 05:58 AM
slownlow07
Driver

Each to their own and I understand the Jdm visors are best but as the op stated, $400 on 4 pieces of plastic in this economy is outrageous! I've had my visors for 3 months now and love them! They make such a big difference in terms of looks for your car compared to other isx50 without them. The double sided tape that comes with visors are super durable. My car has been through several car washes and the visors come out just fine. I have no issues with the visors being warped or tapping against my window. Worth the $100 brand new shipped IMO. Hope this helps!

Comparison between with and without visors:

Last edited by slownlow07; 08-09-12 at 06:02 AM.
Old 08-09-12, 07:03 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my brother I think this is the one mod I would say we gotta save up and dish out the $400 for

I've seen both JDM and AVS in person and though AVS looks alright in pictures, they don't look so great in person. Ofcourse this is my personal opinion but you out of all people know if the rep is good enough, I would have no problem buying it.
Old 08-09-12, 07:07 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
AVS look cheap and bulky imo. To the average joe they may not be able to tell. But once youve seen the sleek design of the oem ones its pretty obvious
i agree the avs visors suck in quality area and here is why.they will ome deformed and warped due to the heatshrink packaging they come in, the driverside front window hits the visor on the way up and sends the window down, i have to push out the visor a few times so the glass wont hit. i have tried heating and realigning it , even put spacers between glass and visor for a few hours and heated in between, no luck it goes back to original shape. avs is good for looks only but does not serve its purpose as intnded. ill post pics later for ya.
Old 08-09-12, 07:39 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
my brother I think this is the one mod I would say we gotta save up and dish out the $400 for

I've seen both JDM and AVS in person and though AVS looks alright in pictures, they don't look so great in person. Ofcourse this is my personal opinion but you out of all people know if the rep is good enough, I would have no problem buying it.
Vroomings right.

I have never seen JDM visors in person, but Ive seen pictures and can tell they are the best. AVS visors are a nice alternative but still not as nice as JDM. Im actually selling my AVS visors and might be saving up for the JDM ones
Old 08-09-12, 07:41 AM
Burtt9
Pole Position

For AVS visors, it all depends on how you install them. I had mine on for over 6 months and never had a single problem.

And as you can see they def don't stick out more than jdm...
Old 08-09-12, 07:56 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The AVS visors are just ok. The rear one looks too thick for me. The chrome is different and sticks out a bit more. In this case the JDM ones win hands down.
Old 08-09-12, 08:23 AM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

You can't go wrong with either. Both are well worth the money. I've seen both in person and the AVS ones are nice but the JDM ones are way better looking IMHO. I have had the JDM visors for over 4 years and have not had a problem with them. No warping or chrome wear whatsoever.

I am scared at times of them being stolen, but then again, thieves can steal any part of your car if they really wanted to at any time.

If it was my decision, I'd save up and get the JDM ones. It is well worth it. I wouldn't want the OP getting the AVS ones and later down the road regret not getting the JDM ones and then reselling the AVS ones to get the JDM ones.
Old 08-09-12, 09:15 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

So the AVS ones could sag and stick out more but in that case it could be caused by Installer fail? lol
I'm so torn. Does anyone have pics of a AVS sitting next to a JDM on any color IS?
Old 08-09-12, 09:17 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
So the AVS ones could sag and stick out more but in that case it could be caused by Installer fail? lol
I'm so torn. Does anyone have pics of a AVS sitting next to a JDM on any color IS?
I think thats asking for too much lol

Quick Reply: PIC REQUEST for VISORS on SFP