IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Got Pulled Over.. Need Some "Guidence"

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-12, 12:10 AM
CoderDan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krUnIZzLE
So Basically, I Got A Ticket In The Labette County Area In Kansas For Doin 85 In A 65. The Cop Told Me It Was 87 But Ended Up Writing It For 85. This Is My 1st Ticket Since I Started Driving When I Was 15 Which Was In 2006 or 2007 i think. I told the cop that and he laughed and said your not getting a warning for this.

Now, I was NOT 20 over. i was 20 exact. can anyone tell me what i can do so it dont come in my record or in my insurance because i am 21 years old and a speeding ticket is not helpful at all.

Anyone Know Any Rules ETC?

I've heard of Paying Double The Fine And You Will not Have A Record Of It.
If Someone From Kansas Can Please Fill Me In.
My Dad is Gonna Open Up A Can Of "Whoop ***" If I Tell Him I Got A Ticket.

Suck it up, pay the fine, get your own damn car.
Old 08-14-12, 12:32 AM
krUnALv99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CoderDan
Suck it up, pay the fine, get your own damn car.

WTF. It Is My own Damn Car.
Dont post stupid **** in my ****ing thread.

P.S. If you read the whole damn thread, you would have noticed, i put i can pay double the fine and not care, i dont want my insurance to go up.
fagget.
Old 08-14-12, 12:40 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

lol... Just own up to it and pay the fine. You say your state gives you three violations before anything happens so what's there to worry about?

Haha I have Indian parents as well.

My mom tells me: my car, my ticket, my $$$$. Simple as that.

Pay it off and move on. Take it as a lesson not to speed anymore.
Old 08-14-12, 12:43 AM
krUnALv99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
lol... Just own up to it and pay the fine. You say your state gives you three violations before anything happens so what's there to worry about?

Haha I have Indian parents as well.

My mom tells me: my car, my ticket, my $$$$. Simple as that.

Pay it off and move on. Take it as a lesson not to speed anymore.

That's The Thing, I Dont Mind Paying the Fine. I Just Dont Want Anything Done To The Inurance, That Way My Parents Dont Find Out...

Well, Either way, I find out tomorrow afternoon.
Old 08-14-12, 12:55 AM
CLIS250
Pole Position

If you dont want it to affect your insurance, take the sure way and choose the route to go to driving school, therefore no points will be added to your driving record for this moving violation. You just pay the ticket + the driving school fees. If you hire a lawyer, he may be able to get the ticket lowered, if not thrown out. He may have it lowered by $100 or whatever, but don't forget you are still going to have to pay several hundred dollars for lawyer fees and what not. I personally wouldn't go with the lawyer option unless you don't have the option to attend driving school and clear those points.
Old 08-14-12, 12:58 AM
Djfoho
Rookie

try to get the ticket deferred however there will most likely be some probation period of around a year of no tickets thats IF you dont have anything on your record if so get a lawyer and hope that they reduce the ticket
Old 08-14-12, 12:59 AM
CLIS250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
Not in CA ... I'm surprised this is news to u... San Jose cops are pretty strict from what i know. Or ur lucky enough to never needed to go ^_^ I've done this in the past and my fine was cut in half just for showing up to court.

But as mentioned... Everyone here in diff states had different experience as laws vary
They are strict. They were lasering behind trees under the overpasses of 87 on 280SB about 2 exits before 87 Guadalupe exit. Was on the carpool lane around 11AM or so, was pulled for 82 and written for 82. No breaks, just handed me the ticket.
Old 08-14-12, 01:06 AM
krUnALv99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CLIS250
If you dont want it to affect your insurance, take the sure way and choose the route to go to driving school, therefore no points will be added to your driving record for this moving violation. You just pay the ticket + the driving school fees. If you hire a lawyer, he may be able to get the ticket lowered, if not thrown out. He may have it lowered by $100 or whatever, but don't forget you are still going to have to pay several hundred dollars for lawyer fees and what not. I personally wouldn't go with the lawyer option unless you don't have the option to attend driving school and clear those points.

I dont think i will be able to attend driving school because i am a full time student. but my brother told me he knows the city attorney (small town, everyone knows everyone) and he will help me out with it and he had been pulled over once and he basically just paid double the fine and no points or record of it..
like i said in my previous post, my town is greedy and would rather take the double money because me paying the insurance more isnt going to help my town lol.

Originally Posted by Djfoho
try to get the ticket deferred however there will most likely be some probation period of around a year of no tickets thats IF you dont have anything on your record if so get a lawyer and hope that they reduce the ticket
this is the way i want to go. i kind of feel like since this is my first driving offence period, something should happen.
the total ticket amount for 20 over speed is $206. if i have to pay the fine, no problem, i just dont want any points/insurance jack ups.
Old 08-14-12, 01:17 AM
NickawdIs
Pole Position

i couple months ago bf i got the lexus i was driving my sis car lancer gts was doing 73 on a 40 and got 2 tickets tht same nite 1 for speeding and the other for driving out of class cop didnt cut me no break went to court and got it to 45 in a 40 big difference but the lady didnt see the other ticket now got to go back to court for this ticked uhhh as long as u got a nice judge u will be gud !
Old 08-14-12, 01:21 AM
NickawdIs
Pole Position

And by the way im 17 when i got the ticket and about to be 18 !
Old 08-14-12, 01:29 AM
krUnALv99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NickawdIs
i couple months ago bf i got the lexus i was driving my sis car lancer gts was doing 73 on a 40 and got 2 tickets tht same nite 1 for speeding and the other for driving out of class cop didnt cut me no break went to court and got it to 45 in a 40 big difference but the lady didnt see the other ticket now got to go back to court for this ticked uhhh as long as u got a nice judge u will be gud !
Yup, In A Couple Posts Above Of Mine, I Said SOmeone Had 36 Tickets Total And Thats What He Said "As Long As You Have A Nice Judge."
Old 08-14-12, 01:41 AM
andrewand1
Driver School Candidate

It'll be on your record no matter what, do traffic school and your rates shouldn't go up in terms of insurance but the ticket will still be on your record. (from what I believe)
Old 08-14-12, 02:18 AM
GiGAS
Rookie

actually the whole thing about saying not guilty and not being able to goto traffic school is not correct. though this is in california, not sure about your state. http://california.drivinguniversity....eeding-ticket/
Old 08-14-12, 02:33 AM
krUnALv99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GiGAS
actually the whole thing about saying not guilty and not being able to goto traffic school is not correct. though this is in california, not sure about your state. http://california.drivinguniversity....eeding-ticket/

Not sure how you got that link but i cant find anything about kansas speeding ticket.