IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus IS250 Integrated with iPhone 4 + Nintendo Games (Legend of Zelda / Super Mario)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-12, 06:52 PM
Patrickx11
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bob4256
Would you mind sharing a link to the adapter your using?
I have this one but there are better ones out now.
Amazon Amazon

The amazon basics one has better ratings. By looking t it, the built in USB charger is convenient but may be annoying if your USB charging port is not next to your RCA port.
Amazon Amazon

This one has the highest ratings but I hate white cables so I wouldn't personally buy this one.
Amazon Amazon
Old 08-17-12, 07:13 PM
Patrickx11
Driver School Candidate

Vaistech (http://www.vaistech.com/dev/home.php) has Integrated android into the Lexus but I'm not sure if it wireless or some cable. This one is truly integrated because the nav touch screen interacts with the phone.

If I had an OEM Nav, I'd get this mod. Hell, I'd buy an old android phone and keep it in the glove compartment just to have it integrated. That would be a sick setup. The Android game emulation scene is currently more advanced than iOS. Nintendo 64 and Playstaion 1 (PSX) can be emulated on android devices. I think at full speed. But most important of all, android devices can pair with a Playstaion 3 sixaxis controller! For now, I'll stick with my iphone and RCA cable. I think vaistech is working on iOS mirroring and full navigation integration.

Next road trip, I'm going to make my girlfriend drive while I play video games.
Old 08-17-12, 07:38 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is really awesome, those games bring back so much memories...
Old 08-17-12, 07:52 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrickx11
I have this one but there are better ones out now.
http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-IPAV-S...rds=iPhone+RCA

The amazon basics one has better ratings. By looking t it, the built in USB charger is convenient but may be annoying if your USB charging port is not next to your RCA port.
http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-C...rds=iPhone+RCA

This one has the highest ratings but I hate white cables so I wouldn't personally buy this one.
http://www.amazon.com/Skiva-F101-Med...rds=iPhone+RCA
What do you mean if the USB charging port is not next to the RCA? Where are they on the FA unit? My friend is installing it for me because Im not too handy with electronics so I would appreciate any feedback
Old 08-17-12, 08:25 PM
Patrickx11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bob4256
What do you mean if the USB charging port is not next to the RCA? Where are they on the FA unit? My friend is installing it for me because Im not too handy with electronics so I would appreciate any feedback
The RCA is next to the USB charging port. I mentioned the other cables can be inconvenient because I was thinking about it being used with a television. Your RCA ports are usually in the back of a TV and a plug is usually a several feet away. The amazon RCA cable would be inconvenient for that setup. For the car it's perfect.

I initially had all my wires going into my glove compartment. It's not very convenient so I rerouted them to my center console. If you look at the photo, I used a standard RCA cable and put female RCA connects so I can detach my iPhone RCA cable quickly instead of having it plugged directly to the FA unit (behind the dash). This way I can use it at someone's house if I wanted to.

I pulled out the OEM AUX button and put it away because the FA unit doesn't work with the OEM AUX. That way I can port my wires through the center console without having to drill anything. I tried charging with the cigarlette lighter USB port and it caused video distortion. I'd stick the the USB wire that is connect to the FA unit. Maybe my cigarette light has too much power running through it. I'm not sure. I tested it with my iPad and it also caused video distortion.

I'm not tech savy when it comes to car audio. I had no idea what I was doing when I first attempted. But it all worked out in the end.

Last edited by Patrickx11; 08-17-12 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-17-12, 08:47 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks a lot for sharing. Now, I'm gonna fall in love with my FlyAudio again. If only my Android had video out...
Time to upgrade phone