IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

drl lights dont work anymore?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-12, 12:22 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drl lights dont work anymore?

i changed my drl lights to the new led style with decoders, i forgot who i bought them from, but its been a while since i had them installed. well i just noriced today that the city lights are on but not the daytime running lights. shouldnt i get a indicator light on the dash ? and how would i know what went out? the bulbs or the decoders.
Old 08-18-12, 01:02 PM
01ES300NYC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check all ur fuses. if thats not the answer try connecting regular halogen bulbs to see if its the decoders or ur wiring. good luck
Old 08-18-12, 01:25 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

ok, i took apart the decoder and checked the oem plug for power and found none! so i checked the fuses on the module that controls the fog lights and headlights and found a blown fuse. after replacing fuse i turned on the car and still no lights. after a few attempts of turning on and off the car they came on. so maby the computer needed time to check itself ( idk) but they are on again! i figure the fuse blew because i was flashing my high beams a few times the day before,. but all is good now, thanks for the help. wiring couldnt have been bad because the kit i bought was a quality one and not a cheap one like on ebay. ebay ones have the plugs that dont fit in correct and colors are opposite. thye kit i bought is top quality and plugs in perfectly and tight.
Old 08-19-12, 01:13 PM
aspeckt
Lead Lap

i tried to install my DRL LED too from iJDMtoy and the decoder doesnt fit in the housing so i broke it apart to shove just the chip in there. well one side worked fine, and the other side didnt? so i checked to make sure it was tight, turned my car on again, and now both LED DRLs dont work?

i switched back the halogen ones, and now those don't work either?

one step forward, two steps back? any help on this?or are my LED DRLs ****?
Old 08-19-12, 02:57 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aspeckt
i tried to install my DRL LED too from iJDMtoy and the decoder doesnt fit in the housing so i broke it apart to shove just the chip in there. well one side worked fine, and the other side didnt? so i checked to make sure it was tight, turned my car on again, and now both LED DRLs dont work?

i switched back the halogen ones, and now those don't work either?

one step forward, two steps back? any help on this?or are my LED DRLs ****?
check the fuse thats on the lighting ecu. its located just under the right side of the engine cover and under another small panel. replace the blown fuse if the is one and try starting the car and see if they came on. now i rember i bought the "v-leds" and the small decoders fit in the housing.
Old 08-19-12, 04:33 PM
aspeckt
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by linus73
check the fuse thats on the lighting ecu. its located just under the right side of the engine cover and under another small panel. replace the blown fuse if the is one and try starting the car and see if they came on. now i rember i bought the "v-leds" and the small decoders fit in the housing.
does it flicker or anything? do you have any pics? is it 5k?

link to the vleds one?
Old 08-20-12, 02:03 PM
dangerofs
Driver

I got the vleds drl, mine too have same problem. Fuse keep blowing off. I called them they told me to try reverse polarity, I didnt have time to do tht as I was busy, I will try 2marow n let u guys knw how it went through..
Old 09-12-12, 04:52 AM
playtilith
Driver School Candidate

I was wondering if anyone has more input on this, because I just bought and installed iJDMtoy 9005 (drl/ High beam) and i only get the drl and no high beam. I know the switch works because when i go to trigger my highs the fogs shut off. Also when the drl is on they have the slightest flicker.

Now I also bought new city lights 194 from iJDMtoy ( second set) and my city lights havent turned on for over a year.

Some help would be great.

EDIT: I just realized I ordered the wrong decoder for my drl/highs, although does doing that disable the high beam, I understand the flicker, but highs?

Last edited by playtilith; 09-12-12 at 05:14 AM.
Old 09-12-12, 10:48 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aspeckt
does it flicker or anything? do you have any pics? is it 5k?

link to the vleds one?
no it does not flicker and yes 5k