IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

new to CL and have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-12, 08:14 AM
derbrylac
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to CL and have a few questions

hey all, just got a used is250 with 50k, car is pretty much spotless and runs smooth. just came back from Phoenix AZ over the weekend for some time off. now back in San Diego the car still drives perfectly fine. I've been lurking on this forum and found some interesting stories thy kinda got me worried ie carbon buildup and other small stuff that has happened to Lexus owners in their is250. is this car that much of a headache? and did I make a mistake on purchasing one? I really hope not cuz I really like the car and it's very comfortable to drive daily compared to my Evo 9 MR. I actually went to a local autozone and purchased a couple of Lucas fuel injector and lubricant treatment cuz I got scared all of a sudden and decided I had to put something in it to start preventive maintenance early even tho I got the car with 6 yr warranty from Carmax. anything I should worry about. I do k ow I have to bring it in for that popping sound coming from the middle console/dash area
Old 08-20-12, 08:19 AM
silvaIS
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

you will be fine. the most maintanance free car there is
Old 08-20-12, 08:19 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Seafoam is a good product to use to clean up carbon build up
Old 08-20-12, 08:42 AM
derbrylac
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^I will try that next, thanks for the words of encouragement and hopefully this car will last me the lifetime I hope It can go. nonetheless this car is awesome as far as comforts and drivability, my left knee has gone bad hence why I bought an automatic oppose to driving my Evo everyday. another question is the popping sound coming from the middle dash area, if I brought it to the dealer and I have warranty on it would they fix the issue for free or would I have to pay out of pocket? kinda weird it pops every now and then but kinda sounds like a rock hit my windshield or something even got the wife spook a few times lol
Old 08-20-12, 10:52 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by derbrylac
^I will try that next, thanks for the words of encouragement and hopefully this car will last me the lifetime I hope It can go. nonetheless this car is awesome as far as comforts and drivability, my left knee has gone bad hence why I bought an automatic oppose to driving my Evo everyday. another question is the popping sound coming from the middle dash area, if I brought it to the dealer and I have warranty on it would they fix the issue for free or would I have to pay out of pocket? kinda weird it pops every now and then but kinda sounds like a rock hit my windshield or something even got the wife spook a few times lol
Might be covered under the dash rattle TSIB if you are still under the factory 4yr/50k warranty.
I know exactly what you are talking about though, it happens to mine too. In my case, it doesn't seem to be related to the dash rattle TSIB (which I had done, twice)...i'm thinking it has something to do with temperature. I notice when its cold outside and I use the heater, that's when the dash usually makes the popping sound. Also happens when its the other way around too, when its really hot outside and I blast the AC. Might be the material expanding/flexing in my case...not sure.