Help, nav unit is showing just black screen with white vertical lines

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-12, 11:33 PM
Nikon
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help, nav unit is showing just black screen with white vertical lines

2008 IS250 RWD.

just performed nav hack. went very smooth, then turned things on and screen won't show map, dest, or menu screens. just black screen with white vertical lines.

i posted in the nav hack thread but i think that thread is burned out. i've since put everything back to complete normal how it was before and still no navigation whatsoever.

any advice on ejecting the disk? i've tried all of these tap top left/bottom left--top left/top right combinations and can't get the navigation disc to eject to try and reload it.

if anyone has any advice i'd really appreciate it. i searched the nav hack thread and only one other person had this problem and never came back to say what they did.

stupid nav hack
Old 08-26-12, 05:54 AM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

First thing I would do is reverse the NAV hack and get your unit working again. This should rule out damage you may have done.

If it works again,

Make sure you are doing the NAV hack correctly. Start again!
Old 08-26-12, 10:27 AM
Nikon
Lead Lap

the nav hack was immediately reversed back to normal and this is still happening. would a disconnection of the car battery maybe "reset" something???

the nav hack is really easy, you only cut the 2 wires. this is what's frustrating is i'm a damn electrician. how the hell did this not work for me of all people!?

everything is now back to normal, and this is all i get now on the nav screen. aside from all of the successful nav hacks that have been accomplished, i'm going to NOT recommend doing this mod. cutting those 2 wires and splicing them together, and capping the other 2 ends, maybe have just really messed up by nav unit.

i'm trying now to figure out how to eject the nav disc, but can't get the whole touching of the top left/bottom left thing on the screen to work on any screen in the nav. about to patch everything up with some very small environmental splices i have for work, rewrap everything with factory wire harness wrapping, and take it to the dealership looking untouched to see if there is some sort of nav reset procedure.
Old 08-26-12, 02:44 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon
the nav hack is really easy, you only cut the 2 wires. this is what's frustrating is i'm a damn electrician. how the hell did this not work for me of all people!?
haha, I'll make sure I don't call you with electrical problems :p

But seriously, with such a simple mod, it's probably not damaged from such mod (esp. no one seems to have such problem). It's very likely that some wire was kinda loose but still OK and when you open it, it comes completely loose (even if you didn't do the mod).

I would try to open it, or try to re-tighten the connections see if that helps. Or you could try opening the nav before taking it to the dealer.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...n-fix-diy.html
Old 11-18-12, 07:11 PM
selabed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2008 IS250 RWD.

just performed nav hack. went very smooth, then turned things on and screen won't show map, dest, or menu screens. just black screen with white vertical lines.

i posted in the nav hack thread but i think that thread is burned out. i've since put everything back to complete normal how it was before and still no navigation whatsoever.

any advice on ejecting the disk? i've tried all of these tap top left/bottom left--top left/top right combinations and can't get the navigation disc to eject to try and reload it.

if anyone has any advice i'd really appreciate it. i searched the nav hack thread and only one other person had this problem and never came back to say what they did.

stupid nav hack
I am having the same problem. Were you able to find a fix.
Old 11-18-12, 07:32 PM
Shervin350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

one question, did u discounted the battery when u perform this task?
Old 11-19-12, 06:44 AM
selabed
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Shervin350
one question, did u discounted the battery when u perform this task?
No i didnt. What i also realized that if i press on the Info button and then if you try to change the language, the black screen with white stripes appear. but if you press on the phone icon, it works fine,
Old 11-19-12, 12:44 PM
Gville350

Received 433 Likes on 385 Posts

Have you tried disconnecting the battery yet?
Old 11-19-12, 12:50 PM
Nikon
Lead Lap

make sure all the connectors are COMPLETELY SEATED in the back of the nav unit. this problem for me was that the small blue connector was not completely reconnected. it was plugged in, but not pushed all the way in to make a solid connection.

double check all the connectors and make sure they are all fully plugged back in.
Old 11-25-12, 02:05 PM
selabed
Driver School Candidate

make sure all the connectors are COMPLETELY SEATED in the back of the nav unit. this problem for me was that the small blue connector was not completely reconnected. it was plugged in, but not pushed all the way in to make a solid connection.

double check all the connectors and make sure they are all fully plugged back in.
I disconnected the battery and waited for 30 minutes before connecting it back again and made sure that all the wires are plugged all the way in and it is still doing the same thing. I am not sure if something was damaged during the fix i tried (fixing the digitizer which ended up working).
Old 05-17-13, 09:04 PM
vboi4life
Pole Position

it happend to my navigation last coupe days.i didnt do any navigation hack.when i try to wire the dvd player to vais ml+.i think shock my navigation and now everything work except map navigation and audio not working.did you guy find out how to reset navigation map without press menu button to eject the ma disc
Old 11-18-19, 11:29 AM
lacheby
Driver School Candidate

Default 2008 navigation screen with vertical lines

2008 IS250 RWD.

stupid nav hack
Did you ever get this issue resolved, my nav screen has just started to have the same issue?
Old 11-18-19, 11:31 AM
lacheby
Driver School Candidate

Did you ever get this issue resolved? My nav screen is now identical to yours
Old 11-18-19, 06:50 PM
richy350
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the Andriod unit. works with factory backup camera. Pretty much plug and play. $600 CAD.
Originally Posted by lacheby
Did you ever get this issue resolved? My nav screen is now identical to yours

Same thing happened to me screen buddy. Unfortunately it's a burnt out computer.
You either can goto a junk yard and source a factory nav unit OR do what I did .... Bite the bullet and install an eBay Andriod unit from TOP-NAVI. It is pretty expensive I believe around around $600 CAD
I looked at junkyards in British Columbia and Washington and they were quoting me around 400-500 CAD... Didn't think it was worth paying that much for some outdated NAVI unit.

That's pretty much the cost of the eBay Andriod unit so I just went with that one.