IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Heated Seats Not Working?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-12, 03:33 PM
daniel3ooo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Seats Not Working?

Hey guys, I actually have an ISF but I think the seats wiring/mechanisms are the same across all 2G IS's. Anyhow, my heated seats don't seem to be working. Is there suppose to be some indicator light that lights up when the seats are on because when I turn mine on I see no light (I believe the light is orange). The seats also do no heat up when I turn them on. I feel no heat coming from the back of the seat nor the bottom of the seat cushion.

What I do know is that the previous owner installed a VAIS Ipod connector and may have pulled the wire but I have yet to check. I am planning to check after I get home from work but I wanted to get a head start to see if anyone else has had this problem and had any solutions?
Old 09-10-12, 04:11 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daniel3ooo
Hey guys, I actually have an ISF but I think the seats wiring/mechanisms are the same across all 2G IS's. Anyhow, my heated seats don't seem to be working. Is there suppose to be some indicator light that lights up when the seats are on because when I turn mine on I see no light (I believe the light is orange). The seats also do no heat up when I turn them on. I feel no heat coming from the back of the seat nor the bottom of the seat cushion.

What I do know is that the previous owner installed a VAIS Ipod connector and may have pulled the wire but I have yet to check. I am planning to check after I get home from work but I wanted to get a head start to see if anyone else has had this problem and had any solutions?
It either didn't get plugged back in after the previous owner pulled up the center column or there's a blown fuse. It's easy to check if it's plugged in. Remove the two silver molding pieces on either side of the center column (i use a credit card to get them started and then back and up.) Unscrew the shift ****. Open the center console lide. Pull up firmly on the center piece. There is a white plug towards the front that should be connected. I'm not sure where the fuse is but I would start with the one under the dash by the passenger side feet. That's where the fuse is for the cigarette lighter so I would think it might be there as well.