Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .........

Haven't got anything yet....
Old 12-07-12, 08:31 AM
andcas7
Driver

Originally Posted by RTIS250
You do realize this isnt a recall right? Its Lexus stepping up and supporting its clients even when they are out of warranty and they have zero responsibility to do so. Id be praising Lexus. And its not like they are suddenly admitting to anything.. there has been TSIBs out for a long time in relation to this condition. Be glad you dont have another manufacturer's direct injection car... you'd be getting no support.
I think this issue should not be happening to begin with, so I wouldn't praise them for backing up their product for something that should not happen, it's just their responsibility.
Old 12-07-12, 08:45 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

^^ This issue is not unique to Lexus' DI cars, I've read around and a few other manufacturers are having the same issues with their DI cars. The point to take away from this is that Lexus is actually doing something about the issue and footing the bill for the cleaning and repairs (in many cases). Other manufacturers will acknowledge the problem, but will expect the customer to pay for the service.
Old 12-07-12, 11:17 AM
meefer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by andcas7
I think this issue should not be happening to begin with, so I wouldn't praise them for backing up their product for something that should not happen, it's just their responsibility.
Lexus carbon issue: warranty extension to 9 years unlimited miles, essentially no questions asked.
BMW HPFP issue: warranty extension to 120K miles
Audi sludge: pay for all sludge related maintenance provided customer has complete service history.
Porsche IMS failure: case by case, basically a middle finger as far as I can tell.

"Responsibility" maybe doesn't translate that well in German?
Old 12-07-12, 04:59 PM
TTechLexus
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took my car in a 3 weeks ago, dealership tested it. Asked me to come back, Lexus needed more info.

Dealership said they would let me know what Lexus said. A week later they told me Lexus approved the fix but they're just waiting on parts because they had to order more from "Japan" and everything was back ordered.

Called me today and my car is in for the whole shabang! Not too much of a hassle. Have a nice IS loaner with 20 miles on it

BTW mines an 06 with 109K I didn't receive a letter and didn't need one.
Old 12-07-12, 09:41 PM
Joshohoho
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad I saw this thread. I bought a used 2007 IS250, my first car payed with my own money. Only owned it for 3 months but haven't had this problem and hope I don't. If I do get this problem I am happy that Lexus is doing proper customer service. Still love my car and doesn't change my opinion about Lexus or even toyota, cause I've owned and driven 2 toyotas.
Old 12-08-12, 07:48 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by djcoronel
maybe you guys can help - i dropped my car off for routine service and mentioned rough idling (i've previously had a top-engine clean), the SA calls back today and says that the engine rebuild has been approved, ostensibly by lexus corporate, after diagnostic testing and they will order the parts which will arrive in a few months.

i am concerned about the few months bit. why would the parts take so long to arrive? am i being given the run-around? what should i ask for when i pick up the car tomorrow? something in writing?

thanks!!

edit: after back-reading a few pages it seems as though some of you guys also are waiting months for the parts. a waiting list? are that many cars affected? disconcerting, to say the least.
Seriously? I had this done last month--they checked it, found the issue, and started the work that day. Took almost 2 weeks.
Old 12-08-12, 09:28 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
Seriously? I had this done last month--they checked it, found the issue, and started the work that day. Took almost 2 weeks.
yeah. i was pretty annoyed, although i called lexus corporate and they confirmed that the parts are indeed back ordered, at least in california and the wait time is ridiculously long. i hope they aren't giving me the run around, although this doesn't seem to be the case given the other members' similar experiences here.
Old 12-09-12, 07:02 PM
diagtime
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ajfinoak
Do we have any idea of how they are sending out the letters? I have been at the same address as the car is registered to since I bought my '08 in 11/07. Just wondering why I never received one? If I wasn't reading this site I would not know about the free repair and could spend a chunk of $$$$ to get it done by an independent.
they are not sending the letters out all at once. they started with the 06's and i don't know where they're at now. the letter is not needed.
Old 12-09-12, 07:10 PM
diagtime
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by djcoronel
yeah. i was pretty annoyed, although i called lexus corporate and they confirmed that the parts are indeed back ordered, at least in california and the wait time is ridiculously long. i hope they aren't giving me the run around, although this doesn't seem to be the case given the other members' similar experiences here.
there are parts issues for all years but 2006 cars may have a pretty long wait for parts. the lash adjusters and valve springs (not needed for other years) may be on backorder for a while. the letters are being released at different times to avoid these parts issues. it hasn't really worked.
Old 12-12-12, 02:04 PM
Gtidan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus mechanics.

After reading this forum about the carbon buildup issue I think what stands out the most is the fact the the boys at Lexus are just as incompetent as those at Toyota and VW. Just get paid more???

So far my 2006 IS250 is running just fine with 33,000 on the clock. I'm reluctant to bring the car in cause I don't want anyone of them near my car if I can help; it. It's bad enough I have to subject my perfectly running 2010 VW TDI a 40,000 mile service. Anything that takes five hours to do is sure to result in something not getting put back together correctly. I'm scared to death.

A while back the boys at Lexus fixed the cam tensioner problem and as I was leaving the dealership a 'red' light appeared on the dash saying the battery. I stopped, still in the dealers driveway (Newport Lexus, Newport Beach, CA). It seems the boys crossed some wires and shorted out the 'main fuse' box. Everything had to be replaced including the battery.

Sorry to say it but keep your car away from these 'grease monkeys' whenever possible whether your at Lexus, VW, MB or BMW. Your gambling with the life of your car. Sad, sad.

Happy Holidays.......
Old 12-12-12, 04:24 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gtidan
After reading this forum about the carbon buildup issue I think what stands out the most is the fact the the boys at Lexus are just as incompetent as those at Toyota and VW. Just get paid more???

So far my 2006 IS250 is running just fine with 33,000 on the clock. I'm reluctant to bring the car in cause I don't want anyone of them near my car if I can help; it. It's bad enough I have to subject my perfectly running 2010 VW TDI a 40,000 mile service. Anything that takes five hours to do is sure to result in something not getting put back together correctly. I'm scared to death.

A while back the boys at Lexus fixed the cam tensioner problem and as I was leaving the dealership a 'red' light appeared on the dash saying the battery. I stopped, still in the dealers driveway (Newport Lexus, Newport Beach, CA). It seems the boys crossed some wires and shorted out the 'main fuse' box. Everything had to be replaced including the battery.

Sorry to say it but keep your car away from these 'grease monkeys' whenever possible whether your at Lexus, VW, MB or BMW. Your gambling with the life of your car. Sad, sad.

Happy Holidays.......
I guess it depends on the dealer too....personally, my Lexus dealer took apart the whole motor basically and put it back together without anything happening. It was terrifying to see them take it apart and have it in so many little pieces, but the tech's were great and so far no issues (drove it 10k+ now) besides the fact that the carbon build up shake is still there once in a while.
Old 12-14-12, 05:23 AM
krUnALv99
Pole Position

So, i got a 08 is250 awd and i didnt get a letter or anything so i called my dealership and asked id tere was anything and they said no that there is nothing for my VIN that pops up.
Am i missing somtyhing?
Old 12-14-12, 06:53 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 608 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by krUnALv99
So, i got a 08 is250 awd and i didnt get a letter or anything so i called my dealership and asked id tere was anything and they said no that there is nothing for my VIN that pops up.
Am i missing somtyhing?
Are you having any problems with the car?

Jeff
Old 12-15-12, 01:46 PM
illestlexi
Driver School Candidate

Mine was done and Lexus fully covered everything except for the spark plugs. Over all a very good Experiance and Lola drives excellent

Quick Reply: IS250 Carbon Build up CSP