IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help! Which Springs?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-12, 08:17 PM
mj250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Which Springs?!

I know you guys are all probably sick of these questions. But I just bought my IS250 and I've been racking my brian and searching the forum for the past 2 weeks to answer to my question. H&R or Road Magnet, thats my question. Ive looked at a few pictures on here and like the look of both, and heard good things about both but I still cant seem to make up my mind. Ill be keeping my stock 18's, I like the look of them (I looked at that thread). I know I cant swing coils or I would (price plays a role, especially being in college and not having a job). Im looking to enhance the look of my IS and springs are the way im going. I would like some input from you guys and some pics, looking to buy and install within the next 2 weeks. Once I get input and decide ill post pics.
Thanks!

*I know the tint is missing on the rear window, thats been fixed already*
Attached Thumbnails Help! Which Springs?!-img_3171.jpg   Help! Which Springs?!-img_3180.jpg   Help! Which Springs?!-img_3214.jpg  
Old 10-02-12, 08:26 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

If not coils, like everyone suggested me haha, then which would you want? the Road Magnets gives 2" drop all around if I'm correct, please chime in if I'm wrong, and the H&R gives a 1.4R and a 1.3F it might be the opposite LOL, I'm not even sure why I posted and giving you unsure information, but I just ordered myself some H&R springs because I didn't want to much of a drop, but it will look good, hoping to install by Saturday, if so I will send you some pictures.
Old 10-02-12, 08:41 PM
mj250
Driver School Candidate

I think for the H&R it's opposite. I've done lots of research, I really like the look of the Road Magnet, they were brought to my attention today, I had my mind set on H&R (I thought they were the lowest springs, I thought wrong, you can tell I'm a noob). The only reason I'm nervous or hesitant about the Road Magnet is I live in northern PA, it snows and the roads are trashy. H&Rs look clean- I'd like to see what yours looks like, where did you buy yours? Also for anyone reading this, I'd also like to know about ride quality. I know I'm gonna lose some, but I don't wanna lose it all.
Old 10-02-12, 08:50 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

I haven't gotten them installed yet, but I got them from a vendor here, THMotorsports, I've heard the ride quality is still good if not better then stock, just a bit stiffer thats all. I'll let you know if you haven't decided by Saturday.
Old 10-02-12, 09:58 PM
TLE86
Driver School Candidate

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the H&R Sport Springs on my awd IS250 and it is a really nice and clean drop. They are 1.4 front and 1.3 rear. A few months after the install, the ride quality became a little more stiff and the springs have settled maybe .2 inches. The ride quality for the H&R springs is little bit more stiff than stock but only noticable on big and deep bumps.. If you are sticking with your stock shocks, then you shouldn't go too low, or that may put more pressure on your shocks. I have had my springs on for about 2 months and i am very satisfied with the look and ride quality. I recommend H&R's!
Old 10-02-12, 10:46 PM
jgonx213
Driver

get road magnet! they the best

it clears the wheel gap!
Old 10-02-12, 10:46 PM
306mustang
Driver School Candidate

If not coilovers go with h&r springs. It gives a nice drop with a still nice ride. People say the road magnets don't ride all that great.
Old 10-02-12, 10:47 PM
jgonx213
Driver

road magnet rides good for me~
after i got the 19s
Old 10-03-12, 01:28 AM
ImportISF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Unless you are planning to get aftermarket shocks with those Road Magnets then I suggest you get the H&R's. I would never drop a car 2 inches from springs while riding on stock shocks, that is almost guaranteed to blow soon IMO. Some members here are already worried about blowing there stock shocks on H&Rs, I would definitely not go over a 1.5 inch drop on stock shocks to be safe
Old 10-03-12, 02:20 AM
JDMpeezy
Rookie

Originally Posted by jgonx213
road magnet rides good for me~
after i got the 19s
niceee setup!! whats your spec's for the rims and tires?
Old 10-03-12, 02:21 AM
skullkandy
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

outta curiosity... how many people have blown their shocks? I thought lexus would've used something that could take a beating ><
Old 10-03-12, 05:31 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Go H&R especially because of where you live...
Old 10-03-12, 06:13 AM
ms2619
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

H&R for sure
Old 10-03-12, 06:15 AM
mj250
Driver School Candidate

Yeah Ill be running on stock shocks, so that plays a factor.

Originally Posted by TheRyanGS
Go H&R especially because of where you live...
yeah thats what I was thinking. Ive seen all these pictures of lowered ISx50's and I wanna go that low but its not practical, im starting to come to that realization now. I wish I lived somewhere warm, didnt snow, was sunny all them time. Im certainly not getting that here in the mountains of PA (college town). Home town is outside Philly, the roads are not as bad there.
Old 10-03-12, 06:16 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

H&R hands down

Quick Reply: Help! Which Springs?!