IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2007 Lexus IS250 AWD salvage vehicle - need help sourcing parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-12, 06:02 PM
imnitguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Lexus IS250 AWD salvage vehicle - need help sourcing parts

Bought a certified pre-owned loaded 2007 Lexus IS250 salvage vehicle with 51,110 miles 9 months ago. Driven it 12,000 miles without incident. Love it. Paid $14,500 for what would have cost me $23,000+ dollars if it was still certified.

After replacing a couple tires my repair shop notified me that my K-Frame (the front square like frame) as well as where it connects to the front passenger control arm is cracked. Over time what this will mean is an increased likelihood that my front right tire could come off and cause all kinds of Allstate Mayhem.

So what I'd like to do is source a used doner front k frame (the square part of the frame in the front end of the car that apparently got ruined when mine was in a front end collision) and control arm assembly for the front of the car/front passenger side control arm and have my shop install it. Something my repair sales lot should have seen/replaced/known about and probably did. But let's not concern ourselves over water under the bridge. I want to move forward and order and receive the parts I need so my wife and four year old, if they happen to be in this car if it were to fail that they weren't hurt or caused anyone else any injury due to failure of known bad parts.

I assume the installation of these parts will be absurd in and of itself but not perhaps worth the opportunity cost and I won't try to calculate that. I'm new here and I may seem a little frustrated but it is because I haven't been able to find the answers I need and I can't and won't put my girls at risk. They mean way to much to me.

Can anyone recommend a reputable yard that could have these things or perhaps a contact somewhere to order them for less than a dealer might charge? You can't know how much any assistance would assist me. This is my girl's car and she knows it is salvage buy I can't put her at risk. Her or my baby. I won't. But the alternative is a 2006 Tacoma. Hardly a lexus.

Thanks for listening and any suggsestions you might consider providing.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-03-12 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Added formatting for readability and removed Newb learning pains commentary