IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Not my day.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-12, 07:16 AM
apdimitri
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Not my day.....

So I was driving down the turning lane to make a left at the light and the yellow car pulls out from the gas station to the right (meanwhile there was stopped traffic in the lane to the right of me) and she could not see me coming down the turning lane and pulled out. I couldn't stop in time. Who is at fault? And the other side of the bumper is also torn off. sad day....
Attached Thumbnails Not my day.....-photo-1.jpg   Not my day.....-photo-2.jpg   Not my day.....-photo-3.jpg   Not my day.....-photo-4.jpg  
Old 10-15-12, 07:30 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

pretty sure he is at fault.
same thing happened to me a while back and i was at fault(i was in the position of the yellow car)
Old 10-15-12, 07:31 AM
ghwanee
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say it's the other person's fault due to the fact that you had the right of way.

and I am sorry to hear that this happened to you. no matter who's fault it is, accidents always suck.
Old 10-15-12, 07:33 AM
apdimitri
Rookie

Yeah, the good thing is that no one was hurt. Thanks for the response!
Old 10-15-12, 07:38 AM
genaos11
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It was yellow car in fault hope everything works out! Good to hear no one was hurt
Old 10-15-12, 07:47 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ouch man....that hurts....im sorry to hear...that should def be there fault
Old 10-15-12, 07:53 AM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Not your fault . Glad nobody got hurt . Plans for the car ?
Old 10-15-12, 08:06 AM
DryEye
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

it's the other drivers fault, he/she stills has to yield to you. sorry about the accident
Old 10-15-12, 08:11 AM
apdimitri
Rookie

Originally Posted by Offspring
Not your fault . Glad nobody got hurt . Plans for the car ?
I guess it depends on what the insurance is going to do right? Is it possible for me to get the fsport bumper that i saw on sewell and just pay the difference? (I had the regular bumper) Its a 2007 IS350.
Old 10-15-12, 08:15 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It's differently the yellow car's fault because she failed to check all lanes before she pulled into your lane (under the assumption it's clear).

Also the other question is, are cars even allowed to make a left turn out of the gas station? Since it seems to be close to an intersection, I'm assuming there is a double yellow there but cannot tell with the supplied photos.

It's almost similar to what happened to my friend but his car was totaled over year ago because of this incident below. He gotten a new GLK after that.

Originally Posted by Sango
Yeah don't over react. It sounds it's an accident which could of been avoided if the lady checked during the back out.

There was an accident that my friend was involved in recently that had his Mercedes E350 totaled due to a careless driver and could of been avoided as well. He had the right of way, going at about 60 km/h. Car at intersection comes and makes a left turn - but the left turn has to be careful because because it's a 6 lane street (3 each way), and my friend was in the fastest. Unfortunately, that driver popped out suddenly that my friend could not react, with about less than 10 feet and could not react in time to get on the brakes - bang. The driver who made the left thought it was good because the 2 lanes were good to go because the cars were stopped but did not check the third lane he popped out to make his left turn - 100% fault.

The insurance company said the car saved his life because he's about 6 ft - a smaller car, he would of been injured pretty badly. Total loss and he is entitled to a brand new car.

Last edited by Sango; 10-15-12 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-15-12, 08:15 AM
Offspring
Lead Lap

I'm sure you will be able to get the fsport bumper. Depends on the body shop or the dealer but most likely it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 10-15-12, 08:20 AM
apdimitri
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sango
It's differently the yellow car's fault because she failed to check all lanes before she pulled into your lane (under the assumption it's clear).

Also the other question is, are cars even allowed to make a left turn out of the gas station? Since it seems to be close to an intersection, I'm assuming there is a double yellow there but cannot tell with the supplied photos.

It's almost similar to what happened to my friend but his car was totalled.
What makes a car "Totaled" ? because there is actual damage to the metal beam behind the bumper.

Originally Posted by Offspring
I'm sure you will be able to get the fsport bumper. Depends on the body shop or the dealer but most likely it shouldn't be a problem.
Great! good to know.
Old 10-15-12, 08:25 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by apdimitri
What makes a car "Totaled" ? because there is actual damage to the metal beam behind the bumper.
It depends, but I'm not sure of all the details but other members can fill this in for you. The piece you are referring to seem to be the called the crash car or bumper reinforcement bar.

If there is actual frame damage, then it could increase the chances of getting the car totaled. If its indeed the frame needs toe be repaired from damage, I probably wouldn't trust having the car anymore if the frame repair includes cutting out damage pieces and welding new pieces in therefore it would not be as structurally safe as there would be welds in places where they would not be.

If the engine was pushed back (pushed in, like in my friends case), then even greater.

Last edited by Sango; 10-15-12 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-15-12, 08:30 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

sad to see it happen man but hope that the insurance would total the car, because the car would not drive the same after a accident, if they are not total that car, it is time for the 2011 f-sport front end conversion include the headlights
Old 10-15-12, 08:33 AM
blui2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by apdimitri
Is it possible for me to get the fsport bumper.
Every Cloud and all that

Quick Reply: Not my day.....