IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

ISF Bumpers conversion in progress

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-12, 04:23 AM
detech
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the way it looks! Great color combo with the wheels.
The only thing I would do is to put on some sideskirts that are a bit bigger then the stock ones...
Old 11-25-12, 04:28 AM
s6 4rings
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by yzuniga13
This one goes to RDIS250AWD and all who agree with him, yes this is a forum and you have the right to criticize, but keep in mind I have the right to disagree with you. The way I see it is you guys suddenly become experts and such tasteful critics wow! If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all if you don't like my car then don't comment on it. The ones that are getting hurt here are you guys because you wanna criticize and expect me to just take it LOL yeah ok so when I say something back you're like "oh God I can't believe he's saying that, this is a forum people usually just take our critisism. This guy needs to go to church he's the devil" lmfao.
You contradict yourself dude in the above bolded messages. Quit trying to explain yourself, sit back let the comments roll in. Take them with a grain of salt as this is an internet forum. i personally dont like the front and rear treatments you've chosen. I would buy the ISF if I wanted the body of it. The "kit" doesn't do it for me. I would totally rock the f-sport front end treatment as well as others have said.

I did however purchase recently the ISF trim, i posted about it, i could care less if someone hated it. I bought it from another member cause i thought it would look nice, which it does.

Might I suggest a quick read OP http://tinybuddha.com/blog/how-to-de...to-embrace-it/

Last edited by s6 4rings; 11-25-12 at 04:34 AM.
Old 11-25-12, 04:44 AM
s6 4rings
Lead Lap

Any upgrade you do to your car is making it something it's not because it didn't come from the factory. That's the whole point of upgrades and modifications. You buy a car that you like for example a Honda civic and you spend $6k in the motor or more and suddenly you're smoking vettes.I would say "wow! That car's sick" but a stock civic I would say "nice gas saver". These bumpers bolt right on and fit perfect. I didn't get the fenders, hood, sideskirts, badges, exhaust tips, etc.....
I had a 1983 Volvo 240DL bone stock looking including rust with 5.0 mustang drivetrain in it. I would love to surprise people at stop lights. But I wouldn't start putting fox body mustang parts on my Volvo.

Oh and as for your EVO 4G comment, again, Iphone and EVO 4G are 2 completely different phones. I think you are just looking for a fight over the internet. Take the criticism and move on. Again what you did to your car, you like. As long as you like it, WHO CARES.

Last edited by s6 4rings; 11-25-12 at 04:53 AM.
Old 11-25-12, 10:28 AM
SL222
Rookie

It looks really nice. There are isf fenders on e ay in the same color 150 each. If you could score the sideskirts aswell then you would be set.

Isf kit looks much better then many options out there.
If I could have an isf looking car with a diesel engine I would do it.

I like my cars looking nice, Im pretty much over the hp game.
And i still dont get why people bash the isf kit on a non isf car. It looks nicer then regural is, it bolts on and is cheaper then most of the lips out there.

Last edited by SL222; 11-25-12 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-25-12, 10:57 AM
yzuniga13
Rookie

Originally Posted by s6 4rings
I had a 1983 Volvo 240DL bone stock looking including rust with 5.0 mustang drivetrain in it. I would love to surprise people at stop lights. But I wouldn't start putting fox body mustang parts on my Volvo.

Oh and as for your EVO 4G comment, again, Iphone and EVO 4G are 2 completely different phones. I think you are just looking for a fight over the internet. Take the criticism and move on. Again what you did to your car, you like. As long as you like it, WHO CARES.
Look buddy, I'm not on here to listen to people preaching about how to take criticism or how to deal with anger or this and the other. If you don't like my posts then leave my thread. And the phone thing I think everyone understood the sarcasm and took it as a joke. Go preach to your kids or relatives if you have any because I honestly don't care about your opinion. Simple as that. You can come back with more preaching but you'll be wasting your time.
Old 11-25-12, 11:02 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

yzuniga - you need to drop it, really.

some guy offered his opinion and you went bat****. if you post pictures expect criticism. that aside, you are modding your car for you and you alone, certainly not for others. there are plenty who have commented favourably here yet you are focusing on the negative and there will, indeed, always be a group whose aesthetic tastes differ from yours. take the criticism in stride and move along already by getting back on track or letting your thread die.
Old 11-25-12, 11:18 AM
yzuniga13
Rookie

Originally Posted by djcoronel
yzuniga - you need to drop it, really.

some guy offered his opinion and you went bat****. if you post pictures expect criticism. that aside, you are modding your car for you and you alone, certainly not for others. there are plenty who have commented favourably here yet you are focusing on the negative and there will, indeed, always be a group whose aesthetic tastes differ from yours. take the criticism in stride and move along already by getting back on track or letting your thread die.
Some people take criticism, some don't. I'm one of those who don't take it. I don't know how a few of you grew up but I respect others and watch what I say because that's how fights start but as soon as someone says the wrong things or start with their negativity then its whatever. Me saying stuff back to these guys is just as dumb as you guys telling me to drop it. Like someone posted on this thread "........in the end you're both retarded".
Old 11-25-12, 11:21 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Some people take criticism, some don't. I'm one of those who don't take it. I don't know how a few of you grew up but I respect others and watch what I say because that's how fights start but as soon as someone says the wrong things or start with their negativity then its whatever. Me saying stuff back to these guys is just as dumb as you guys telling me to drop it. Like someone posted on this thread "........in the end you're both retarded".
if you can't take criticism then this forum isn't for you.
Old 11-25-12, 11:28 AM
yzuniga13
Rookie

Originally Posted by djcoronel
if you can't take criticism then this forum isn't for you.
If you don't like what I say then don't post on my thread. We can go back and forward all day, I have time. Anything else you wanna say?
Old 11-25-12, 11:41 AM
yzuniga13
Rookie

Originally Posted by SL222
It looks really nice. There are isf fenders on e ay in the same color 150 each. If you could score the sideskirts aswell then you would be set.

And i still dont get why people bash the isf kit on a non isf car. It looks nicer then regural is, it bolts on and is cheaper then most of the lips out there.
Yes I saw that, some guy was selling the fenders and hood the same color. I thought about it but I really didn't want to clone the isf. I have enough haters already, imagine if I would've added the other parts LOL.
Old 11-25-12, 12:03 PM
yzuniga13
Rookie

Originally Posted by SL222

...but I'm with you. I used to mid cars for speed when I was younger, now its all about looking good. I have a 323ci that's my daily driver, but I have a 4 year old daughter and a boy on the way so I wanted something nice small but enough room to fit the kids when we go out. I really wanted a Porsche carrera or a Corvette c6, I saw a few for under $20k but no room for the kids if I needed to pick them up and didn't have time to switch cars.
Old 11-25-12, 01:22 PM
SL222
Rookie

Do you have more pics of the rear bumper and possibly the tips that came with it?

I'm having my bumper replaced by the dealer in 2 weeks cause some guy hit me from behind. I'm tempted to go with the ifs rear but not sure If I want to spend 500$ on tips on just buy the cheap ones mentioned.

also did you use your oem shock absorber or the isf one?

thanks.
Old 11-25-12, 01:49 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

If you don't like what I say then don't post on my thread. We can go back and forward all day, I have time. Anything else you wanna say?
yeah - you just joined and i've been a member for years. you might take some of the advice given by the guys and gals on here and learn a thing or two. that's all.
Old 11-25-12, 01:57 PM
RVCAis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This thread is 9 pages of B.S. This thread should be closed and locked....
Old 11-25-12, 02:02 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agreed.. OP obviously doesnt understand what a forum is about or a conversation for that matter.

Quick Reply: ISF Bumpers conversion in progress