IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

OK, it's my turn....

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-12, 12:46 PM
mixa86
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for 53 bucks thats a great cameraa!!!!! but sucks for the incident. I think it is his fault, he was going faster so he did obviously see you merge into the lane before he was able to merge into it.
Old 11-17-12, 12:51 PM
furryjet
Pole Position

Good luck on the repair. Btw is it Jay Chou that you were listening to? I like his songs too
Old 11-17-12, 12:53 PM
JasonChang
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
pretty tough call. It does look like he sped up and cut you off though. was his turn signal on? or it prob happened so fast you dont remember

*edit I rewatched the video bout 10 times and yeah it looks like you both got in that lane almost at the same time, him about a second or two before you but chances are insurance companies will settle for each of you to pay your own deductable.
no I dont know cause it was fast I didn't even have chance to see his front.
Also, I have to say from the video, yeah, he did chance into the lane a second late before me, where from 11sec I start turning and hit on the 14sec. his came out 13.5~7 sec and hit so he prob cut into the lane at 13 sec. Also, I think he should see me turning in at 12.5sec since he is on the driver side. When he was on the fourth lane, he didn't have turn signal on and I really thought he was going straight.

hate my $1,000 deductible.. gonna change to $500 near future
Old 11-17-12, 01:06 PM
JasonChang
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mixa86
for 53 bucks thats a great cameraa!!!!! but sucks for the incident. I think it is his fault, he was going faster so he did obviously see you merge into the lane before he was able to merge into it.
yeah the camera turn on when the car is on it's off when car is off. The wire is long enough to go through from headliner to the front passenger's floor mat and to the W12 hole. sigh.. just to be honest, I'll be happy if they say it's his fault so I don't need to pay...

Good luck on the repair. Btw is it Jay Chou that you were listening to? I like his songs too
haha, yeah Jay Chow's song. I never quit to listening his song!! never say never
Old 11-17-12, 01:10 PM
ILL250
Driver

damn, that sucks...its hard to tell whos fault it is. That camera was a good investment for something like this.
Old 11-17-12, 01:23 PM
JasonChang
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ILL250
damn, that sucks...its hard to tell whos fault it is. That camera was a good investment for something like this.
yeah bro!! so sucks that there's a party coming up tmr and I'm going with the Ford focus from enterprise...

BTW, haven't seeing you how r u man? haha
Old 11-17-12, 01:27 PM
maniacbob
Driver

Looks like you can make an argument for either guy being at fault.
Old 11-17-12, 02:03 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Omg Jason :/ All these problems keep coming up.
Old 11-17-12, 02:12 PM
JasonChang
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by InspireME
Omg Jason :/ All these problems keep coming up.
Sigh, I'm worry about the rate of my insurance increase..
Old 11-17-12, 02:25 PM
infate
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to see this happen to you Jason. My opinion is that it could really either be a shared fault or his fault. Theres a possibility that he saw you and your car was already pretty much in the lane, the other driver did not check his blind spot before he changed lanes. I hate that, even though I have my fair share of close accidents caused by this type of incident.
Old 11-17-12, 02:32 PM
149MAX
Pole Position

I work for the insurance industry (altho in Canada) but judging from your video, and I only needed to watch it once, pretty much you're both partially at fault.

You both tried to enter a clear lane at the same time without fully checking if it was indeed safe. Next time you need to make sure the lane is actually clear before cutting out like that. He should have also seen you cut out and not cut in.

Pretty clear cut case that you both should have been more careful. Also I would have held back on the video to the adjuster, it doesn't help you in anyway other than to prove you are both at fault. Without the video it could be argued the other driver was at fault, but the video proves you were not in the lane fully before the collision occurred.
Old 11-17-12, 02:39 PM
infate
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 149MAX
I work for the insurance industry (altho in Canada) but judging from your video, and I only needed to watch it once, pretty much you're both partially at fault.

You both tried to enter a clear lane at the same time without fully checking if it was indeed safe. Next time you need to make sure the lane is actually clear before cutting out like that. He should have also seen you cut out and not cut in.

Pretty clear cut case that you both should have been more careful. Also I would have held back on the video to the adjuster, it doesn't help you in anyway other than to prove you are both at fault. Without the video it could be argued the other driver was at fault, but the video proves you were not in the lane fully before the collision occurred.
How did Jason not make sure if the lane was cleared? Jason clearly went into the lane before the other driver because Jason already took a huge portion of the lane before the other driver changed lanes. Like you said, the other car should've seen Jason cut in already, but that's partially due to the fact that he was going at least two times the speed as Jason was. I don't work for no insurance company, but I just don't seem to think that it's that clear to rule them both at fault.
Old 11-17-12, 02:55 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, I think everyone's right here. You both will be at fault, even though it seems like the other driver was being pretty negligent. From the looks of it, he was trying to jump two lanes at once, or spent too little time getting into the middle lane. But since the accident occurred when neither of you were fully in the lane, both would be at fault. Technically, you hit him. I'd be pretty mad if I were in your shoes. You did mostly everything right, but some guy decides to pop in your destination and ruin it all.
Old 11-17-12, 03:06 PM
Traxxer
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After watching that video I'd have to side with Jason. He was clearly straightening out when the other driver hit him coming in at a hard angle.
Old 11-17-12, 03:16 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

That sucks. But cray that you drive with a dash cam. Good idea. But cray.

Quick Reply: OK, it's my turn....