IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

So I test drove a 08 ISF today and...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-12, 05:28 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by s6 4rings
I don't believe i once said my 350 is faster than an ISF its funny to watch all the ISF owners defend their car. It''s just not worth the extra monies thrown at a ISF unless you want the styling, coming from a 350. It's only a few tenths of a second faster. I would go M5 as my next car if I want to upgrade.
its funnier to see is350 owners saying they dont feel a big difference when they are all in the mid 13s, the thing is, all isf owners can have a is350 but not all is350 owners could afford the isf. so we really dont have to defend anything.

that being said, i'm faster than my friends m6, even he tells me my car feels fast as crap compared to his s85 engine with the m mode on. i let him borrow the F from time to time. and we all know the m6 is faster than the m5 but a hair. you guys are too funny.
Old 11-23-12, 05:46 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

lol at this thread
Old 11-23-12, 02:14 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
the thing is, all isf owners can have a is350 but not all is350 owners could afford the isf. so we really dont have to defend anything.
:cries: why did we have to go there. It didn't have to be said haha
Old 11-23-12, 02:28 PM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UniSlayEX
:cries: why did we have to go there. It didn't have to be said haha
haha, well I will admit that I can't afford the addtional insurance and maintenance fees(even working at a Lexus Service Department with hook-ups), otherwise I would love to have one.
Old 11-23-12, 02:33 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol the thread went from test drove the IS-F to
IS350 vs IS-F
It is a huge difference with 306, 277 and 415, 371! you cant compare!

Jerry go test drive the car again with TC off and Sport Mode.

Comparing the IS350 to the IS-F is like comparing the IS250 to the IS350
Old 11-23-12, 02:45 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Too much hate going on.
Old 11-23-12, 04:32 PM
ping83
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I have owned my is350 for 4 years. Car is great for 1st and 2nd gear, we all know this. I have test drove two isf's and turned off traction control and ECt on. I fell in love w this car as I could tell the car was much faster.....especially once third gear came on strong. Lets face it, the v8 w your ihe sounds sexy. I will own one of these beasts sometime in next couple years as they become more affordable, used of course.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth. Happy arguing boys and girls.
Old 11-23-12, 07:26 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 306mustang
So I think it was time to upgrade my is350 so I went to the dealership. I seen this 08 ISF, so I decided to take it on a test drive. I wasn't impressed or maybe I was expecting more. Everything was good except for the power, it was kinda slow intl like 4k rpms then it feels like it hits vtec but still doesn't seem fast to me? Or maybe it was that car?
For real ^ the F is a 170mph rocket

As people have said, Sport mode is a must and so is manual shifting it(the torque conveter locks up 2-8 gears, thats whats gonna throw you back on shifts). I wouldn't take off theTC unless you really know how to drive a RWD car. If not then you'd wrap that pretty car around a tree and have a pissed off salesman

As for this thread, there isnt hate from the F guys to the 250/350. We are just correcting silly comments. That video on page 2 pretty much sums it up
Old 11-23-12, 07:32 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 216 Posts

this is pretty damn accurate to what happened when i got my car the first week racing my friends is350, but he had an exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6bnL7sehg4

he kept up to about 30-40 mph, but what does that matter, i prob keep up to a porsche 911 turbo to 40 mph as well, lol
Oh boy!!! Another dumb$&@@ racing on public road.
Old 11-24-12, 01:48 AM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its funnier to see is350 owners saying they dont feel a big difference when they are all in the mid 13s, the thing is, all isf owners can have a is350 but not all is350 owners could afford the isf. so we really dont have to defend anything.

that being said, i'm faster than my friends m6, even he tells me my car feels fast as crap compared to his s85 engine with the m mode on. i let him borrow the F from time to time. and we all know the m6 is faster than the m5 but a hair. you guys are too funny.
Rather presumptuous of you. Prove it.

Not everybody spends the limit of what they can afford for a car, not to mention you're talking apples and oranges when comparing IS350 owners who buy new to ISF owners who buy used.

In my experience, people who can truly afford to buy a $45k car (IS350) can easily afford to buy a $65k car (ISF). You're not driving some ultra exclusive, net worth-flexing exotic.
Old 11-24-12, 02:03 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dmvp29
Rather presumptuous of you. Prove it.

Not everybody spends the limit of what they can afford for a car, not to mention you're talking apples and oranges when comparing IS350 owners who buy new to ISF owners who buy used.

In my experience, people who can truly afford to buy a $45k car (IS350) can easily afford to buy a $65k car (ISF). You're not driving some ultra exclusive, net worth-flexing exotic.
read again and comprehend. i put "not all". that assumption is a FACT.

if the isf was as close as the is350, i would of snagged that up. would of saved about 20k with same miles and year. money has nothing to do with the fact the ISF is tons quicker. you might think shaving off .7 off the quarter and .7 off the 0-60 seem like a small feat but people spend tens of thousands on mods just to shave that time off. and the closer you are to 10 seconds, the harder it will be. the smart ones will know what im talking about. just look at the times these force induction is350 run and how much money it cost to get there.

like i said before, just buy whatever is in your budget. but also know your place in the food chain my friend.

ps, in your experience ? lol. not everyone lives in cali where yearly income is high . in the rest of the US, 45k and 65k, the yearly income bracket is staggering. please provide more proof on this theory of yours. im interested to hear your expertise. and base price of is350 is 40k and the base price of isf is 61k. shenanigans i tell you.

Last edited by ISFPOWER; 11-24-12 at 02:13 AM.
Old 11-24-12, 02:11 AM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

read again and comprehend. i put "not all". that assumption is a FACT.

if the isf was as close as the is350, i would of snagged that up. would of saved about 20k with same miles and year. money has nothing to do with the fact the ISF is tons quicker. you might think shaving off .7 off the quarter and .7 off the 0-60 seem like a small feat but people spend tens of thousands on mods just to shave that time off. and the closer you are to 10 seconds, the harder it will be. the smart ones will know what im talking about. just look at the times these force induction is350 run and how much money it cost to get there.

like i said before, just buy whatever is in your budget. but also know your place in the food chain my friend.
I'm not even going to touch your irrelevant rant about the ISF's performance because I never mentioned any of that.

You implied that "not all" IS350 owners can afford an ISF and I asked you to prove it, and you've failed. You failed to comprehend the point of my post if you think emphasizing "not all" fixes everything and makes your assertion true.
Old 11-24-12, 02:13 AM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

ps, in your experience ? lol. not everyone lives in cali where yearly income is high . in the rest of the US, 45k and 65k, the yearly income bracket is staggering. please provide more proof on this theory of yours. im interested to hear your expertise.
I didn't posit that as a theory. Nice job attacking a straw man. I said "in my experience" which clearly indicates that I'm speaking anecdotally.
Old 11-24-12, 02:16 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dmvp29
I'm not even going to touch your irrelevant rant about the ISF's performance because I never mentioned any of that.

You implied that "not all" IS350 owners can afford an ISF and I asked you to prove it, and you've failed. You failed to comprehend the point of my post if you think emphasizing "not all" fixes everything and makes your assertion true.
are you even reading what you type? you want me to prove that me saying some is350 owners can afford isf and some cannot? did you just wake up or are you too tired? has to be one of those. my statement was true. now if i said, no is350 owner can afford the isf, then yes, maybe you have a point.
Old 11-24-12, 02:21 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

ive been doing sales too long to even let you slide with a statement like that. A person can "truly" afford a 45k car, using 25% of car payment, auto insurance and tax of monthly income, how can you say they can afford a 65k vehicle as well? lol. oh yeah forgot... "in your experience" . Good thing you aren't a finance major.

Quick Reply: So I test drove a 08 ISF today and...