IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

remote start advice/tech help/wiring info FREE

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-12, 12:02 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote start advice/tech help/wiring info FREE

i have been getting alot of members asking me to help them out with some questions and installation help on installing a remote stat on an IS. i always gladly help to the best of my ability when i have time to here on CL. i was asked to do a DIY for an installation , but as of now it is my busiest time of year, due to the demand of remote start installations in my shop

. there is 2 different installation methods of installing and wiring on the IS. 1st the 06-08, this wiring method and firmware is the easiest of the two to do, and there is "TAKEOVER". 2nd the 09-12, this is the more complicated of the two and requires a bit more of wiring and there is "NO TAKEOVER" with this firmware at all. with that bieng said if anyone needs any tech help, wiring info, or anything else related to installing a alarm or remote start in an IS, please PM me and request my phone number, and i will gladly do what i can for free of charge, like faxing technical documents and wiring locations.

also if you need any installation manuals for any viper, hornet, avital units, code alarm units, excalibur units, autopage. i have access to them. i also have programming manuals too, replacement transmitter crossrefrence guides, just about any info you could want concerning alarms or remote starters.

i do not deal with cheap alarm units, and i do not use or recomend using any xpresskit bypass modules, nor will i give advice on how to use them.

i can give you full detailed wiring info for idatalink, and tell you anything about how to use/wire/flash...e.t.c

there are a few members here i have helped , who have successfully installed an viper alarm with remote start unit in thier IS and have saved hundreds by doin it themselves.

if you have basic knowledge of installing then you may be able to do it yourself, if not then i highly recomend you take it to a professional shop to have it done, stay away from any shop that does not solder and does not have good reviews.

i have unlimited access to directechs wiring info and diagrams. i also have access to many other sites for wiring locations on any cars, but i can not give out the passwords to access it.

here is a few sites that you can access for free.
1. www.idatalink.com
2.www.ez-starter.com

ALWAYS VERIFY WIRE COLORS AND LOCATIONS BEFORE CONNECTING ON TO THEM.
i can not and will not be responsible for misuse of any info i may give to you.

with all of the above bieng said i hope i can be of service to the "CL" community.

please only 1 PM from each member, i will check my PM's every nite after work, or during the day if i am slow. some members here already have my direct number to the shop, so if i have already help you out and someone needs the number then please pass it along, so we can all help each other. thanks.

Last edited by linus73; 11-23-12 at 12:07 AM.
Old 12-14-12, 10:04 AM
riceryder
Driver School Candidate

PM'd Thx Linus!
Old 12-14-12, 02:00 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

thank you for supporting fellow members!
Old 12-17-12, 10:07 PM
akash3230
Driver School Candidate

i just recently added smart start to my viper 5704 setup already. he honest and great customer service. will be up front with you. nothing else. and like always does a great job.
Old 12-17-12, 11:45 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

My remote start went haywire. It doesn't even work anymore...
Old 12-18-12, 08:27 PM
CCJ22
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question op, I have a viper smart start.
The other week my car battery died. Replaced battery. Ever since then when I remote start from phone the car turns on. I have 45 seconds after I unlock car, 2get in with key, and put foot on the brake. When I do that now, car shuts down now as if I didn't get to the car in time. How can I fix this?
Old 12-25-12, 11:07 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CCJ22
Question op, I have a viper smart start.
The other week my car battery died. Replaced battery. Ever since then when I remote start from phone the car turns on. I have 45 seconds after I unlock car, 2get in with key, and put foot on the brake. When I do that now, car shuts down now as if I didn't get to the car in time. How can I fix this?
you will have to reprogram the bypass, or hardwire the bypass module. what type of bypass are you using, and did you solder all of your connections?
Old 12-25-12, 10:02 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by smokyis350
My remote start went haywire. It doesn't even work anymore...
can you explain it furthur in full detail from when it last worked. and what unit "brnd " and bypass "brand" are you using, year, make and model please. im quite sure i can asist and get you going again.
Old 12-25-12, 10:57 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by linus73
can you explain it furthur in full detail from when it last worked. and what unit "brnd " and bypass "brand" are you using, year, make and model please. im quite sure i can asist and get you going again.
It last worked couple months ago then all of a sudden it stopped working. When I press the remote start button the remote says that it turned on but the car never turns on. The installer was never able to properly install the remote start for my car. Like, I can't turn off the car with the remote when I turned it on and there is no takeover process. Once I turn on the car with the remote I can just get in and drive off without needing to unarm the car.

I currently have Viper 5901 with flashlogic FLCAN. Same as this one:

Amazon Amazon
Old 12-28-12, 12:13 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by smokyis350
It last worked couple months ago then all of a sudden it stopped working. When I press the remote start button the remote says that it turned on but the car never turns on. The installer was never able to properly install the remote start for my car. Like, I can't turn off the car with the remote when I turned it on and there is no takeover process. Once I turn on the car with the remote I can just get in and drive off without needing to unarm the car.

I currently have Viper 5901 with flashlogic FLCAN. Same as this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-FLCAN...rds=flashlogic
first off what year is the car, is350 im guessing from your username, but it sounds like you have a blown fuse on the remote start! that happens when you have poor connections and the wire arcs,

2nd of all you have good quality parts, bypass included. i suggust if you are in the city near me, let me take a look at the installed unit, if it has blown fuses i can find out why it happened and correct the issue, if it needs soldering i can do that as well, reprogramming and getting it to work correctly is not going to be anything complicated, so the main thing is "DO NOT PANIC" i fixed "akash3230"
a CL members gs, pm him if you need any assurance about me, i can fix it for free if its not a serious issue, however it would have to be on a sunday as it would interfere with my normal hours of operation and my customers. let me know.
Old 12-28-12, 11:45 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,968 Likes on 2,402 Posts

Solder on a wiring harness? Never worked on aircraft have you?

Proper crimps beat solder for everything but circuit board work. If you're soldering on a wiring harness, you're setting a time bomb. Really. Ask anyone working on KC-135 aircraft in the 1990s. The Air Force spend a few billion rewiring the entire fleet to get rid of the soldered Cannon plug wiring harnesses and replace them with crimped connections. Crimp and heat shrink FTW every time.