IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

We're in the same team you dumba$$!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-12, 01:04 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
and IS250 owners like to compensate by making a lot of noise on the forums but nothing much else.

well, except for heyarms, because he got boost.
LOL. I'd "race" people even with a 250 and they had a 350, it's not like i failed at driving and thats why i lost, or the outcome was unknown. It's all in good fun, and i did have to take a stand for the 250 guys and go boost You just enjoy your new car

Originally Posted by Pyramid
Hwy 5 is two lane hwy. He was tailgating at first wanting me to go faster than 75mph. I didn't do that, so he moved lane and started speeding and slowing down. I looked at him but he never looked.

And I agree, not all IS350 owners are cocky. I have two friends that own 350. Like other said, they bought used 350 because it was same price as new 250. So they think they got a better deal.

You sound like a bully. I love to get in the boxing ring with you. Just let me know when and where. I live in San Diego.
Why would you (edit: a low posting member, not new) call out a veteran member on here? In my opinion you just seem bothered that you have a 250, and you shouldnt be. It's not like we drive muscle cars or high end performance cars... we drive entry level luxury cars in which there is no horsepower game to be had, no one can really shock you with their ISx50's performance over any other one off the lot. You honestly seem embarrassed since you decided to make a thread about this, thats all i read.
Old 12-07-12, 01:11 PM
Pyramid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
That's interesting, most other Lexus owners (350 owners included) that I see on the road will wave or give me a thumbs up at most. Never had any of them try and race me! lol
This is first time my 250 got bullied by a 350. And please don't get me wrong, it's NEVER the car...it's the driver. I just thought since we are Lexus owners, we should be cool with each other on and off the road, unless one is acting like a jerk.

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
happens, just let them pass u and waste gas
The road was wide open. He could've pass me any time. He chose to stay on my tale for a mile. And then decided to change lane since I wouldn't go above 75. Come to think of it now, maybe the a$$hole was under influence of drugs/alcohol.
Old 12-07-12, 01:16 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

same team?? LMFAO

You sir have made my day
Old 12-07-12, 01:19 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

I have the completely opposite experienced , when i had my IS350 the is250 wanna race me lolz. Then i have ISF the IS350 wanna race me lolz. Dont remember much when i had my IS300 but i remembered lots of girls waving at me because we had the same car lolz
Old 12-07-12, 01:19 PM
Pyramid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heyarms
LOL. I'd "race" people even with a 250 and they had a 350, it's not like i failed at driving and thats why i lost, or the outcome was unknown. It's all in good fun, and i did have to take a stand for the 250 guys and go boost You just enjoy your new car

Why would you (edit: a low posting member, not new) call out a veteran member on here? In my opinion you just seem bothered that you have a 250, and you shouldnt be. It's not like we drive muscle cars or high end performance cars... we drive entry level luxury cars in which there is no horsepower game to be had, no one can really shock you with their ISx50's performance over any other one off the lot. You honestly seem embarrassed since you decided to make a thread about this, thats all i read.
So what you're saying just because someone has 10million post that person has all the rights to make comments that are not necessary. Since I'm new/low post, I can't be a jerk to a veteran member, but a veteran member can be a jerk to a new member?

Believe me, I was not embarassed. I would be embarassed if I actually tried to race a 350.

Last edited by Pyramid; 12-07-12 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-07-12, 01:20 PM
vboi4life
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pyramid
This is first time my 250 got bullied by a 350. And please don't get me wrong, it's NEVER the car...it's the driver. I just thought since we are Lexus owners, we should be cool with each other on and off the road, unless one is acting like a jerk.

The road was wide open. He could've pass me any time. He chose to stay on my tale for a mile. And then decided to change lane since I wouldn't go above 75. Come to think of it now, maybe the a$$hole was under influence of drugs/alcohol.
if i was you and i will tail gate him all the way.i know is 250 slower than 350 but i think it depend how you drive.will you step on the gas harder to catch him up.he would be scared the hell out.he didnt look at you because he didnt have the gut.
Old 12-07-12, 01:21 PM
Galaxy 40
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once I had an is350 trying to race my ISF...He was driving fast in and out of traffic...once it cleared he slowed down.
Old 12-07-12, 01:21 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

this is where you wish you had a friend with an ISF to let the is350 know whats really good and show whos the king of the jungle,
Old 12-07-12, 01:34 PM
UtoyZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you could be driving a Prius and try to race, you'll win. not all 350 owners are the same.
Old 12-07-12, 01:46 PM
RVCAis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ThreeFive0
I think it is less of a 350 owner being cocky and more of just that particular person being cocky. The only reason I bought a 350 over a 250 is because it had lower miles for the same price at the time that I was looking for one.
I agree that it's more about the owner but it seems like the "Lexus Club" has more hate then love. A lot of people I know who have 2IS' tend to criticize my mods because i have a 250. Everyone says its pointless, I should've traded it in. If i could have I would have. I have people with 350s saying they would blow me out of the water, or when we are driving just totally floor it cause i can't keep up. haha it sucks but oh well

Originally Posted by projectdna
and IS250 owners like to compensate by making a lot of noise on the forums but nothing much else.

well, except for heyarms, because he got boost.
Thanks bro Alright, I guess I'll just move on form this forum cause apparently I'm not doing anything, thanks

Originally Posted by don
Yay good job at generalizing people based off of one person! You win!

Eh it's no different when the AMG was picking on me lol. Eh, once they leave, everything is back to normal.
I wasn't trying to generalize everyone here, it's just my experience. You think I'm really that rude to just say i hate everyone with a 350.. no, my brother has one. 350s are awesome and I'm jealous but based on my experiences, 350 owners have made me feel like my time and money into my car is as 'projectdna' said, just noise.

Sorry for the generalization guys! Didn't mean to offend anyone