IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My experience with XENONDEPOT

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-12, 08:33 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmacks
I'm not knocking anyone.. I'm using that term because as soon as the name comes out, you get this crowd of people going "Yeah brah, Steve (not Bob.. sorry..) is the best, I love XD.." so on and so forth.

Cool, great, I get it. You guys love the guy. Props to him for accumulating such a following and treating his customers right.

The issue I take is with all this bandwagoning without anyone actually ever producing a shred of side by side quantifiable evidence of how a XD kit physically performs better than a DDM kit. Just saying that it's "brighter" doesn't cut it. This could be true or it could be the placebo effect.

Even showing pictures of your lights after install doesn't cut it. Yeah, they're bright HIDs. So are DDMs. Let's see a side by side.
I get where your coming from, but Im not going to go swapping kits just for that lol. I like to contribute to the forums as best I can, but I am lazy too

Personally, I can tell you that yes they look "brighter" but there is more light output on the road compared to the other kits (my opinion). Steve sells a quality product, thats the bottom line. Whether someone wants to pay some extra $ for it, is not up to me so all I can do is give you my recommendation.

If your concerned about the lumen output and all of that, you may want to go the retrofit route. But thats going to be much more expensive. Good luck with whatever choice you make
Old 12-13-12, 08:37 AM
ntech
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bob4256
How is oncoming traffic glare? Do you ever get people flashing you with those HID fogs?
Old 12-13-12, 08:57 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ntech
How is oncoming traffic glare? Do you ever get people flashing you with those HID fogs?
Well I actually have the new 2012 LED headlights with Philips bulbs now (bought from Xenondepot) but I dont remember anyone ever flashing me because of the lights before
Old 12-13-12, 09:22 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve at XenonDepot FTW!! My HID Bulbs, HID Fog kit and DRL 4-LED's always get me compliments.
Old 12-13-12, 11:17 AM
Offspring
Lead Lap

The title of this thread was not comparing xenon dept hid to ddm tuning. It's my overall experience with the company which not only includes their products but their customer service and several other factors.

If majority of the forum is willing to vouch for XD and their products then there
Must be a reason. I have personally tried ddm and XD and will say that XD has better quality, more light output and the actual temp bulb. Ddm tends to group their bulb temps together. A 6000k from ddm and 6000k from XD will be different. I say this because my friends mroadster with is ur running the ddm kit is a different color than mine and the brightness levels are different as well.

Ddm products were shipped from china and took more than 10 days to reach me. Then my ballasts were bad so another 10 day return and another 10 days for them to hip me a working ballast ? Im already annoyed.

Bottom line you get what you pay for . Comparing a $ 50 hid kit to $180 hid kit seems a bit odd . There's a reason for the price difference. It's not as If ddm if offering the same quality product at a cheaper price.

For the sake of argument I hope someone will post pics of ddm and XD hid comparison pics . I no longer have my ddm kit. When I returned it I lost the 23 dollars I paid for it to ship from china.....

Once again this is my personal experience with the two companies.
Old 12-13-12, 04:32 PM
str8hust1a
Pole Position

how much did all the stuff cost OP? and whats the difference between the LED strip and this from Xenondepot?
Old 12-13-12, 04:54 PM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bob4256
If your concerned about the lumen output and all of that, you may want to go the retrofit route.
I thought that's what the point of HIDs are.. for more light.. not just for rice value..
Old 12-13-12, 06:12 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jsmacks
I thought that's what the point of HIDs are.. for more light.. not just for rice value..
They are but Lexus projectors aren't that great. You'll getter better light output with a retrofit
Old 12-13-12, 07:37 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

I got a set of HD light kits for my low and high beam lights from XD about 2 years ago and they are they are still working great. Steve also provided me with excellent customer service. He answered all my questions and I got the merchandise quick. XD has quality products along with great service. Good to see they are still going strong.
Old 12-13-12, 08:31 PM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by str8hust1a
how much did all the stuff cost OP? and whats the difference between the LED strip and this from Xenondepot?
I don't know the difference between the strip and the ones I have. I have the Phillips led 6000k for my drls . My high beams are also a Phillips bulb along with my hid bulb.

As for the price you could pm Steve from xenon depot and I'm sure he will get you squared away. They had some deals from Halloween/blackfriday and that's when I made my purchase. You can look up the prices on their website.

Last edited by Offspring; 12-13-12 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-14-12, 07:56 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for the kind words and feedback. We certainly do our best to offer our customer quality products and service.

jsmacks: I see your point about quantifying a difference. Some people don't mind paying a little bit more to get a quality product from a company that is known to stand behind the products that they sell. I'm not saying that we are the only "trusted" online HID kit company as I'm sure that there are others. All I'm saying is that we have been selling online since 2001 with a positive reputation so clearly we are doing something right =)

Steve
Old 12-14-12, 09:22 AM
bonecrushr
Driver School Candidate

Might be looking into this to replace the crappy OEM balast and bulb that keeps messing up on the drivers side.

Thanks for the review.
Old 12-14-12, 01:11 PM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Glad I could help! Now I drive my dads car with the halogens and I complain about his lights not being turned on......
Old 12-27-12, 11:19 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

lol once you drive with HID lights it's hard to go back to halogens.
Steve
Old 12-27-12, 11:23 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

picked up a H11 6000K VOLT HID kit a few weeks back and just installed them along w/ a spare set of 6000K Garax D4S bulbs i had in storage. i did notice that the VOLT HID kit is more blue than the Garax bulbs. had i known that, i would've opted for the 5000k bulbs instead. :/

Quick Reply: My experience with XENONDEPOT