IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Sunroof and mirror gliches

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-12, 05:06 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof and mirror gliches

Well, it's almost 7 years old, so things are bound to happen. My right side mirror didn't come back up after lowering in reverse (so I turned the lowering function off). Also, my sunroof didn't close properly the other day. Hope that doesn't become the status quo, since I use that all the time.
Old 12-21-12, 06:47 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know you can reset the sunroof by holding down the button for 5-15 seconds (dont really remember haha). As for the windows.... Battery reset? but like you said:
its almost 7 years old, so things are bound to happen.
Old 12-21-12, 06:55 PM
Jake
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I copied this off a thread a while back, I don't know who I'm stealing from, but this may help?

INITIALIZATION

1. INITIALIZING SLIDING ROOF DRIVE GEAR SUB-ASSEMBLY
After the sliding roof drive gear is replaced, the pulse sensor of the sliding roof drive gear needs to be initialized. If a initializing is not executed, the sliding roof cannot be tilted or controlled by turning the switch to position [2] to [8].
(a) Turn the engine switch on (IG).
(b) Keep the sliding roof switch in the fully closed position and the push switch pushed until the following operations from (1) to (3) are completed:
(1) The sliding roof moves to the tilt fully open position and remains for 1 second.
(2) Tilt down operation starts. After the roof is fully closed, it starts sliding to open.
(3) After the roof slides to the fully open operation, the operation stops and then the roof closes to the fully closed position.

Sliding Roof Position
Over stroke position
Slide fully open position (Comfort stop position)
Slide stop position [1]
Slide stop position [2]
Slide stop position [3]
Slide stop position [4]
Slide stop position [5]
Slide stop position [6]
Slide fully close position
Tilt fully open position
Auto fully closed, comfort stop position
(c) Check that the operation works normally with AUTO operation.
NOTICE:
* If voltage changes during initialization, the sliding roof ECU may not be initialized normally.
* Do not apply excessive loads to the vehicle during initialization by performing operations such as locking the doors or cranking the engine.
* Do not move the vehicle during initialization.
* Do not apply strong impacts to the vehicle during initialization by performing operations such as closing the doors forcefully.

2. RESET FAIL-SAFE FUNCTION
The following operation should be used when the sliding roof cannot be fully closed.
(a) If the jam protection function is operated repeatedly, the fail-safe function will not activate. To return to the normal condition, push the sliding roof switch assembly at position [11] for 10 seconds or more.
3. FORCED INITIALIZATION
(a) The following operation should be used if it is necessary to clear the learned position of the sliding roof.
The learned position of the sliding roof is stored in an EEPROM. Even after the cable has been disconnected from the negative (-) battery terminal, the position will remain stored in memory. In order to clear the position, perform the following steps.
(1) Turn the engine switch on (IG).
(2) Make sure that there is no foreign matter on the guide rails.
(3) Make sure that the guide rails are not deformed.
(4) Set the sliding roof switch to position 9 and confirm that the sliding roof does not reverse*1.
(5) After the sliding roof stops, to prevent the sliding roof from moving, quickly turn the sliding roof switch to position 1 and hold it there for 10 or more*2.
(6) Clearing the learned position of the sliding roof is complete when the sliding roof moves slightly to the opening direction.
(7) To confirm that the learned position has been cleared, make sure that auto operation does not start when the sliding roof switch is set to any position from 2 to 8.
(8) Start initialization of the sliding roof drive gear sub-assembly.

HINT:
* *1: If the sliding roof reverses due to jam protection operation, it can be moved to fully closed position by pressing and holding the sliding roof switch (11). Make sure to set the sliding roof to the fully closed position before proceeding to the next step.
* *2: If the sliding roof moves while rotating the sliding roof switch, restart the Forced Initialization Clearing procedure from the first step.