IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HELP front fenders rubbing

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-13 | 10:32 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

with a 19x9.5, i would run a 215/35/19. start there.
Old 01-09-13 | 10:33 PM
ILLestSwaG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2slixx
Dude... He never said he couldn't afford to fix fitment issues... gtfo your high horse... He's asking for help thats all. If you don't have anything positive to say just leave it be. This forum is a place we all go to look for help. We all have one thing in common and that is modding our cars whether it be a poormans build or your baller build... Jesus.
Thank you bro. That's exactly what it is!!! And yes I did go on here cos I know alot of you can be helpful. I'm not here to compare who has the best car or anything. I just wanted help to solve my problem.
Old 01-09-13 | 11:49 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

im running 10.5 wide +15 up front and slightly tucking tires 225/35. rolled and slight pulled fenders and i rub, theres no way around it. running 215 tires might help a little. hey projectdna i got legit rims (enkies rpf1s) why do i still rub?
Old 01-10-13 | 12:41 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2slixx
Dude... blah blah blah blah blah... -unrelated post snip-
"dude", you must've also missed my first post in this thread where i told him what he needed to do.

now get off your high horse.

Originally Posted by ILLestSwaG
That's the thing. If I bought real rims now then what money would I have left on fixing the issue? I just wanted to try it out on cl cos I know there is alot of people here that are helpful. That is why I choose to get replica so I know what is there to fix and still have money on the side just in case I gotta do anything. Then when I get everything solved all I gotta do is save up money for vip modular and I'm good to go. I rather spend less on rims for now and have money on the side than 5+ grand on rims and be ****** up with everything and have no money on the side. But anyways thanks for the help.
there's actually one main fundamental problem causing your fitment issues - i'll get to that later, btw - so i actually tracked down where heyarms and i gave you VERY useful advice for your fitment needs (that you obviously didn't follow):

Originally Posted by projectdna
225/35-19 + 245/35-19

rolled + naturally pulled fenders, modified fender tabs, deleted fender tab bolt

go with higher spring rates if you haven't already ordered your coilovers. megan EZ's standard spring rates are not condusive to lowered ride heights + wide/low offset wheels.
Originally Posted by heyarms
Youll need to relocate the front fender tab for sure (unless you dont lower your car much). And DNA is right, EZ spring rates are pretty soft, so you wont be able to slam it to finger gap or less in the rear without it becoming dangerous to your fender/wheel.
and because you didn't bother to read those two posts in their entirety, here's another follow-up post just a few posts later.

reading is fundamental. really.

So all I need is to relocate front fender tabs and roll all four fenders? Would I need a pull?
you'll also need to shave down the rear fender tabs.

as far as a pull is concerned...

rolled + naturally pulled fenders
btw, bolded and enlarged for emphasis, in case you didn't catch it the first time around.
see where the fundamental problem is? it's not with what heyarms and i posted, but it's really a simple issue of you not reading and paying attention to the advice given. you've missed so many details that your issues are being caused by the same things heyarms and i told you to watch out for.

Thank you bro. That's exactly what it is!!! And yes I did go on here cos I know alot of you can be helpful. I'm not here to compare who has the best car or anything. I just wanted help to solve my problem.
you thank 2slixx for coming to your aid and sticking up for you, yet i can't find anywhere in his thread where he's actually offering any real help.

on the other hand, i give you some actual useable advice - twice, now, actually - and a heavy dose of common sens... and i'm the bad guy.

hey, you're welcome.

Originally Posted by sr20mofo
im running 10.5 wide +15 up front and slightly tucking tires 225/35. rolled and slight pulled fenders and i rub, theres no way around it. running 215 tires might help a little. hey projectdna i got legit rims (enkies rpf1s) why do i still rub?
you got 10.5's +15's up front. you're going to really need to pull your fenders more.
Old 01-10-13 | 12:54 AM
ILLestSwaG
Driver School Candidate

First off bro it's not the spring rates I have a problem. IT'S THE RUBBING ISSUE WHEN I TURN THE WHEELS! And secondly I don't have problem about my rears just the fronts. If you read the info I gave in the first page you would know that I did cut off and rolled whatever I needed too. So you need to start reading more. And lastly I did thank you for the help! So idk what's your problem. I didn't come here to fight with somebody online cos I got better things in life than doing immature things. I just came here for help. Thats the reason why on the TITLE IT SAYS HELP!
Old 01-10-13 | 05:36 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Now now MEN.....lets take it easy here now. Ok, advise was given and now heard. Lets leave it at that big anyone else has any other helpful info then that's fine but let's keep the back and forth to a minimum please.
Old 01-10-13 | 09:24 AM
AutoSexy13
Driver

Ok i lied, I'm running the same wheel but a 19x9.5 +12 offset only to clear the 350 caliper. Yes its the plastic tab that bolts the fender to bumper. I got rid of my splash guard a while back and didnt notice any problems after. An easy solution to fix this is to get a front camber kit and add more negative camber. A bit unsafe because you will effectively reduce contact patch but hey hella flush right? lol
Old 01-10-13 | 09:50 AM
AutoSexy13
Driver

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...c-fenders.html
Old 01-17-13 | 03:21 PM
MadMorry
Rookie

ive just put on S1R Meisters 18x9 18x10 +22 all round and mine do the same.
Fine on the rears, rub on the plastic liner at the front.
Im just going to cruise around for a while to wear a groove into them and then see how it goes from there, any more rubbing i.e: bumper tab etc etc i will look at rectifying that problem but for now, im just going to enjoy my car knowing its only a thin bit of plastic rubbing away at a tyre thats not going to cause much harm
Old 01-17-13 | 03:31 PM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Hey bro goodluck on whatever you decide to do to fix this problem. I am also having the same problem and It sounds like metal on metal.

Whatever you do, please document and take pics to upload in this thread what you did so others can find it helpful later on down the road when this question comes back up again.
Old 01-17-13 | 03:51 PM
AutoSexy13
Driver

Originally Posted by edgeucated
I would love to see pictures of this progress. This idea has rolled around in my head for a while so that we could fit wider rims up front
Here is the link to my build that im doing for the front end conversion

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...c-fenders.html
Old 01-17-13 | 03:52 PM
AutoSexy13
Driver

The easiest way to get around this is to put upper camber adjusters in and make it a lot more negative
Old 01-17-13 | 11:06 PM
dangy
Lexus Champion

Lmao, this thread is funny.
Old 01-22-13 | 07:15 AM
Stainless9
Driver

Originally Posted by sr20mofo
Hey sr20mofo, would you happen to have any pics of your set up??
Old 01-22-13 | 12:11 PM
Rolando
Intermediate

honestly the way your fender look they are going to end up cracking how mines did. I had the same prob but i was running 225/35/19 at 22 offset with federal tires which run a size bigger. The only thing to do is to lift up the car half an inch in the front and if not put 215 and best of luck. i took my fender liner off and i also know the noise you're saying only thing to do is to lift it up a little.