IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Close Call Stories Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-13, 11:42 AM
surensm
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Close Call Stories Here!!!

NOTE: I AM NOT PROMOTING ILLEGAL/DANGEROUS ACTIVITY.

In order to liven up the mood I thought I'd make a thread about worst/dumbest/most ridiculous / most interesting situations you have been in in your ISX50. Notice I'm not saying get behind the wheel now and get yourself in a 20 car police chase, just post some old stories here. Since my car is relatively new, I only have one story which just happened to occur today.

Many, or at least some of you have already read my complaints about the car being boring. So in order for me to get to know the car better I thought I'd go on a power-slide spree while on the way to the bookstore. Thus, instead of taking the main road I went through stop signs and small neighborhoods (nothing dangerous here, the streets are wide and pretty much abandoned). So I figured why not? I ended up figuring out a way to kick the tail out and pretty much have some real fun with the car and I started liking it even more. So I get to the book store, pick up the book and drive back home. On the way back, you would imagine I'd continue with my power-slide spree, but I thought I'd act mature. It didn't take a while, however, before I got tempted to continue where I left off. And here's what happened. As I was turning in from the main street to a smaller street (not sure how to describe it), first getting the car to understeer slightly, then floor the gas before even entering the corner. So you could imagine what it looks like when a white IS250 enteres a street while leaving a trail of tire smoke behind it to a police officer standing on the opposite side of street right? And you would probably think I got myself a nice fat ticket and probably went to jail for reckless driving. Yet I do not know how or why, the cop, whose eyes were nailed on my car as I was virtually drifting in the street, decided to disregard me and did not pull me over. I was blue by the time I got home, drained of blood, and dying from laughter.
Old 01-13-13, 11:51 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Funny story, an is250 leaving a trail of tire smoke.
Old 01-13-13, 12:00 PM
Joshohoho
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want my Hankook V12s and transmission to last longer. With the IS250 or any car, its where you drive the car that makes the car NOT boring.
Old 01-13-13, 04:38 PM
vapid2323
Pole Position

Going to sound really dumb, but I was out driving over the 520 bridge eastbound (Seattle) anyhow I found out that our cars can stop VERY fast. Went from about 75 MPH to 0 in about 130 feet or so preventing me from.... well getting killed or sent over a 100 foot drop into Lake Washington.

I will post the video from my dash cam if I can find the file and edit it. I know its not some crazy story with cops etc but my god it was a very close call IMO
Old 01-13-13, 05:58 PM
krUnALv99
Pole Position

Was Doing 125 Down The Highway When My $50 5 year old radar went off and panic braked to 70 and as soon as i reached 70, over the hill the cop went flying by with his lights flashing & siren blaring. LOL.
Old 01-13-13, 07:11 PM
surensm
Driver

Originally Posted by vapid2323
Going to sound really dumb, but I was out driving over the 520 bridge eastbound (Seattle) anyhow I found out that our cars can stop VERY fast. Went from about 75 MPH to 0 in about 130 feet or so preventing me from.... well getting killed or sent over a 100 foot drop into Lake Washington.

I will post the video from my dash cam if I can find the file and edit it. I know its not some crazy story with cops etc but my god it was a very close call IMO
Can't wait to see that
Old 01-13-13, 07:12 PM
surensm
Driver

Originally Posted by heyarms
Funny story, an is250 leaving a trail of tire smoke.
I know it's hard to believe but it's hilarious. Plus my tires were already hot from previous power slides
Old 01-13-13, 07:13 PM
surensm
Driver

Originally Posted by krUnALv99
Was Doing 125 Down The Highway When My $50 5 year old radar went off and panic braked to 70 and as soon as i reached 70, over the hill the cop went flying by with his lights flashing & siren blaring. LOL.
Haha. Speaking of which where can I get one of those radars? And what's the best brand? PM me so the post doesn't get clogged
Old 01-13-13, 07:18 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yikes!! Dangerous don't' do that.

May want to get pulled over by this car for doing that!

Old 01-13-13, 08:02 PM
krUnALv99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sango
Yikes!! Dangerous don't' do that.

May want to get pulled over by this car for doing that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26hSO6RieqM&hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeCP6mZbbCQ&hd=1

It's not in the U.S. so i'm not worried lol. I dont do that stuff often. it was back when i got the car to max the speed out. Still havent done it yet though. i do spirited driving though.
Old 01-13-13, 08:48 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^
oh ah ha ha!! It was a general comment to the OP but I guess maybe applicable to you too !

Would be awesome if there was a IS-F police in North America.
Old 01-14-13, 07:09 AM
surensm
Driver

Originally Posted by Sango
^
oh ah ha ha!! It was a general comment to the OP but I guess maybe applicable to you too !

Would be awesome if there was a IS-F police in North America.
I'll try my best not to and if I were to get pulled over by one of those things I'd definitely wanna go for a ride lol
Old 01-14-13, 07:38 AM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You have a constantly running dash cam? Why?

Originally Posted by vapid2323

Old 01-14-13, 07:48 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Probably in case of an accident he has the footage of what happened ^^

I remember seeing an older thread where a guy in his ISF got hit and had proof because of the dash cam
Old 01-14-13, 08:12 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmacks
You have a constantly running dash cam? Why?
I would assume for insurance/peace of mind.

There's a dash cam video on youtube of a dash cam car driving behind an Acura TSX on a freeway. The TSX brakes hard and stops suddenly, and the dash cam driver stops in time. The TSX driver then puts his car in reverse, accelerates and smacks into the guy's front bumper. TSX driver gets out and wants to cut a deal outside of insurance, or he's going to "go to the police" and file a claim. The dash cam driver points to his car and tells the TSX driver that he got it all on video, and the TSX driver just gets into his car and drives off lol.

Quick Reply: Close Call Stories Here!!!