IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

got looked down, is it just because i drive a Lexus!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-13, 08:12 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

That guy was just a douchebag in general. I wouldn't have done anything harsh to his car, because that's just like sinking to his level. Instead I would have tried to get him to apologize (like you did), and if I wasn't satisfied, I'd let enough air out of his tires that he could still drive it, but he'd have to go to a gas station to get air. If you give him a flat tire or otherwise damage his car, he'll just take it out on another car, and the cycle just keeps going.

I guess I have a different mindset.. then again I live in "Friendly Manitoba" and my last name is Amigo :P
Old 01-22-13, 08:19 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Anyone see the video of a car and an SUV fighting for a lane? Here's a link.. I thought this was hilarious

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/drive...050000103.html
Old 01-22-13, 08:35 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha yea this is in russia. it was on the front page of yahoo a while ago. funny thing is the guy in the car had all his windows down!
Old 01-22-13, 08:43 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

props to you for doing the right thing and letting it go. i dont believe in vandalism on another persons car, i would of roughed the owner up though, lol
Old 01-22-13, 09:08 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He drives an Audi Q7. Simple enough, he is buried, knows he overpaid, breaks daily and is just mad. lol
Old 01-22-13, 09:10 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not a big road rager, but things where people dont have courtesy **** me off. I dont like jepordizing the innocent so i wouldnt have roughed him up because I would have to take them all. Thats not fair to them. I would have asked him to apologize. When he didn't and I returned to my car - I would cut his valve stems and apologized to my friends for having to eat somewhere else. Probably sit down all judge dred style and would be like "justice served."
Old 01-22-13, 09:13 AM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Hmmm... this guy is a jack @ss. I had something similarly happened to me yesterday working at T-Mobile. I'm a new trainee (2nd day) in fact working at the store. My manager and co-wokers were busy helping customers so they told me to help the next gentlemen who needed to do a case swap. I showed him some cases and he's like okay cool and took the case right off the shelf and left. I didn't even get to say anything and then he was out the door, saw him took off in an A7. I guess A7 drivers have something in common, everyone's below them and they are exempt from the laws; rules.
Old 01-22-13, 09:36 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Similar thing happened to me at beer store when my girlfriend and her friend were waiting in the car. I come out, they told me the F150 beside me had its door opened into mine. I checked my rear fender there was a big scratch. I waited til the guy comes out (old guy in 60's, go-figure), and I confronted him. He admitted to opening his door into my car but his excuse was "so? it's a parking lot". This whole time he's giving me the "i don't give a s*** so get the f*** out of my face you young *** little asian attitude"

He wouldn't give me his information and drove off FAST, so I got his plate number and went to police center to report. Got it all fixed under insurance, deductible waived (luckily).

What a dbag
Old 01-22-13, 09:41 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sm1ke
Anyone see the video of a car and an SUV fighting for a lane? Here's a link.. I thought this was hilarious

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/drive...050000103.html
"only in Russia"

lol that is jokes

I'd smack the s*** out of that dbag driver in the SUV
Old 01-22-13, 09:44 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by iRyan
Whether he was driving a Q7, ferrari, lambo, McLaren i don't give a damn...if u hit my car you will either apologize or i will stratch ur car...I don't know how you guys do it in Cali but in Florida we don't play that disrespect....by any means we are not thugs or hoodlums but certain things don't fly around here....what u should have done was fly open ur door and hit his car and tell him " you see that scratch right"... Screw his over priced VW lol....
My name is B16da9 and a I approve this message.
Old 01-22-13, 10:00 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

"an eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind."

that is all.
Old 01-22-13, 10:06 AM
Uda880
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
"an eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind."

that is all.
To the OP: **** happens, and it's a fact of life. Good on you for not resorting to open violence or vengeance.
Old 01-22-13, 10:49 AM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are those people who think they are all that and that nobody is above them (i.e. chauvinistic pig). Personally, I would of called them out like you did but I be a bit louder about it to gather a bit of attention to him (or scare him by asking for his insurance card). As long as there wasn't any damage to your car, I'd recommend that you let it go.

I'm not for vandalism, as I love most cars. However, being good with automotive repair, I take a valve stem remover and loosen them a bit to let a good amount of air out (like what someone said above earlier). Or I would take some auto/window marker (like the ones that write "For Sale" on their cars and make it looked like someone scratched their car up. Just to scare them for a quick moment and get a little justice.
Old 01-22-13, 10:51 AM
1herm4
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I dont know about everyone else but i work hard to have what i have. I understand accidents can and do happen but when the person at fault acts like an ahole, you need to stand up for yourself or just expect to get stepped on all your life! Every situation is different but you need to learn how to handle different situations.
Old 01-22-13, 10:53 AM
Skyfox16
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Its crazy how some people act and stupid of him to assume that he can do that and expect the other person to not mess with his car. He'll do it to the wrong person eventually and he'll come back to a scratched up audi.

This time we cant even blame it on the fact that he has a crappy car and doesnt car about other cars aroud him. Sometimes i wish i drove a beater

Even if you let the air out of his tire he would have just called roadside assistance, but that in itself is still a big PITA lol

Quick Reply: got looked down, is it just because i drive a Lexus!?