IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

got looked down, is it just because i drive a Lexus!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-13, 11:29 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
"an eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind."

that is all.
QFT.

10char
Old 01-22-13, 11:59 AM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

arcadia = land of snoppy fobs...

first let me say i dont condone violence, im too old for that ish but however if u act like a dbag and disrespect me, family,friends u will get ur ish pushed in.

if that happened to me i wouldve:
a) keyed ur car
b) cut ur valve stems
c) bust a eddie murphy in beverly hills cop
d) smack him in the head slightly and ask him if theres a scratch

last option is a little overboard. to those that said let it go was the right thing to do then what happens when the next time he opens his car door and knocks ur mom over and shrugs it off like nothing happened?
Old 01-22-13, 12:07 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Times like these I would like to carry a fat stack of tall parking cones and just surround their car with them.
Old 01-22-13, 12:11 PM
sm1ke
Racer

Originally Posted by sr20mofo
to those that said let it go was the right thing to do then what happens when the next time he opens his car door and knocks ur mom over and shrugs it off like nothing happened?
Did that happen? No. That's a totally different situation, and way off base. That's like saying your mom is worth as much as your car. He opened the car door into the OP's side mirror. That hardly warrants any kind of violence. All I'm saying is that some of these reactions are pretty overboard in relation to what he did.
Old 01-22-13, 12:13 PM
AM21GS400
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get looked down upon, I'm 17 and drive a gs400... I get dirty looks all the time, especially when I'm at a friends, and the parents ask "who's white Lexus is that" when I say it's mine they just get a disgusted look on their face.... I just take it as a compliment.
Old 01-22-13, 01:33 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For all the people that said beat the guy up, yeah right. Like you're risk going to jail and have a record over a small bump in your car.

It's not worth it and not many people are even tough like that. They are keyboard warriors.

If you live around asian neighborhood you know how small those parking space are and it's easy to get door dings.
Old 01-22-13, 01:38 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Originally Posted by sm1ke
Did that happen? No. That's a totally different situation, and way off base. That's like saying your mom is worth as much as your car. He opened the car door into the OP's side mirror. That hardly warrants any kind of violence. All I'm saying is that some of these reactions are pretty overboard in relation to what he did.
u obviously missed my point.
Old 01-22-13, 01:50 PM
sm1ke
Racer

u obviously missed my point.
Enlighten me then. Your post essentially says that if he hits your side mirror with his car door and doesn't apologize, you'll smack him in the head, key his car, and cut his valve stems. An overreaction in my opinion. Then you go on to say that if he opened his car door on your mother and knocked her over, you'd respond similarly. If a door ding warrants keying a paint panel, expensive wheel repairs and labour costs, as well as physical abuse, what would knocking your mother over result in? Broken legs? A good ol' curb stomp?
Old 01-22-13, 02:05 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

arcadia = land of snoppy fobs...

first let me say i dont condone violence, im too old for that ish but however if u act like a dbag and disrespect me, family,friends u will get ur ish pushed in.

if that happened to me i wouldve:
a) keyed ur car
b) cut ur valve stems
c) bust a eddie murphy in beverly hills cop
d) smack him in the head slightly and ask him if theres a scratch

last option is a little overboard. to those that said let it go was the right thing to do then what happens when the next time he opens his car door and knocks ur mom over and shrugs it off like nothing happened?
As much as I agree with this statement (I still have property in Arcadia), I'm a firm believer in karma. I've never needed to resort to the instigator's petty ways, and there's no need to even give them anymore of my precious time. Stuff like this happens all the time, sadly, but there's no reason to think Lexus is an inferior brand compared to Audi or MB or BMW or any of the high priced rides on the roads.

But I do pity those who think they are better than others by what they drive. They're probably the ones getting treated poorly by others and need to resort to making others feel insecure and inferior. People like that get what's coming to them, and while I have never needed to retaliate in any way, I have seen instances where karma got to them very quickly.
Old 01-22-13, 03:12 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Originally Posted by sm1ke
Enlighten me then. Your post essentially says that if he hits your side mirror with his car door and doesn't apologize, you'll smack him in the head, key his car, and cut his valve stems. An overreaction in my opinion. Then you go on to say that if he opened his car door on your mother and knocked her over, you'd respond similarly. If a door ding warrants keying a paint panel, expensive wheel repairs and labour costs, as well as physical abuse, what would knocking your mother over result in? Broken legs? A good ol' curb stomp?
ur taking my post out of context. i said that if that ever happens to me and he acts like a dbag about it i would do one of the following things listed not all of the things listed (thats why there was an A-D option) and i furthermore said option D was overboard. as for the possibility him ever knocking my mom or any body's mom by opening the door, u would have 100x better oods of hitting the lotto than that to happen. thats why i said u missed my point. this type of behavior from dbags like him will only continue until he realize there are repercussions for his actions as there are repercussions for my retaliation. just to make things clear, if there was any possibility of him knocking my 62yrs old mother down and act like a dbag about u best believe i would risk jailtime for my actions.
Old 01-22-13, 03:19 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Initial_K
For all the people that said beat the guy up, yeah right. Like you're risk going to jail and have a record over a small bump in your car.

It's not worth it and not many people are even tough like that. They are keyboard warriors.

If you live around asian neighborhood you know how small those parking space are and it's easy to get door dings.
no trust me , i would

mess with their car = coward

obviously you have a problem with that person, not their car. but you are right, a lot of keyboard warriors on here. im sure they would just key their cars like college girls i use to mess with.
Old 01-22-13, 03:45 PM
xitr097
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Audi are overpriced anyways POS. Take for example a 2012 A5 fully load cost 50k and only has a turbo 4 banger with 210 hp. That is what my friend payed. I really hate AUDI. My brother had an A6. Biggest POS ever.

But they do look really sick. Not enough for me to buy one.
Old 01-22-13, 03:53 PM
Traxxer
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess what it comes down to is if you're willing to get stabbed/shot over a tap to your car. This isn't high school anymore where at worst you'd go home with a bruise and a suspension. Throwing down is only fun when weapons aren't involved, unfortunately there are no guarantees in life...
Old 01-22-13, 04:32 PM
NinjaSocks
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

sure this wasnt a lovers quarrel? maybe he was jealous that you moved on
Old 01-22-13, 05:33 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Sorry this happened to you. I really feel people are disrespectful and feel entitled these days. It's really unfortunate how people conduct themselves.
Very well said. This issue goes both ways. I have gotten looks when driving the IS that implied that I was a snob. Flip side is that I drive my Honda more than the IS, and frequently get the "snub" from people in high end cars. If I'm in the Honda and a nice car pulls up beside me at a light, they look like I'm bothering them by looking at them or their car. If I'm in the IS, they're like "Oh, hey!". Whatever..... People are material, judgmental and have ridiculous issues with ridiculous things. Consider yourself a better person and move on....

Quick Reply: got looked down, is it just because i drive a Lexus!?