IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lowering my 2011 350

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-13 | 01:01 PM
fsportlove
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering my 2011 350

Hi guys I am new here and just had a quick question. I am looking into lowering my 350 f sport and wanted to know what i should use that wont take away how smooth the ride is with the stock springs. Im sure that will be affected at least a little bit, but I just dont want to lose too much comfort. Im not looking to drop it too much, just enough to take away the gap. I was looking at the f sport springs because they are made by Lexus so they have to be pretty decent but I wanted to get some more knowledgable opinions on the subject. Thank you
Old 01-24-13 | 01:10 PM
Joshohoho
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They might have the springs you're looking for in the suspension and brakes sub-forum or in the "Search function". Lots of topics about the F-Sport springs and other ways to lower your IS are in those threads. Just do a search you'll find answers faster.
Old 01-24-13 | 01:23 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Dont waste your money on f sport springs. You wont notice the drop

If you want a nice ride and eliminate the wheel gap, get coils
Old 01-24-13 | 01:31 PM
fsportlove
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joshohoho
They might have the springs you're looking for in the suspension and brakes sub-forum or in the "Search function". Lots of topics about the F-Sport springs and other ways to lower your IS are in those threads. Just do a search you'll find answers faster.
Ive been browsing around here for a few days and I have seen many threads about the different options but I havent really seen anything comparing each option to the comfort of the stock springs which is why I brought it up. I appreciate the help though and will continue to search.
Originally Posted by bob4256
Dont waste your money on f sport springs. You wont notice the drop

If you want a nice ride and eliminate the wheel gap, get coils
Any particular brand?
Old 01-24-13 | 01:46 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Megan EZ street coils have a good reputation for "stock like" ride quality. They are the "bargain value" coilover compared to the others available for the IS, but if you aren't looking for particularly noticeable handling performance then I would imagine most people would point you towards them.

BC racing is another popular coilover, and what many people would consider the next step after the Megan EZ's.

CL Vendor Circuit Motorsports is a good place to ask questions and get good deals.
Old 01-24-13 | 02:12 PM
fsportlove
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Megan EZ street coils have a good reputation for "stock like" ride quality. They are the "bargain value" coilover compared to the others available for the IS, but if you aren't looking for particularly noticeable handling performance then I would imagine most people would point you towards them.

BC racing is another popular coilover, and what many people would consider the next step after the Megan EZ's.

CL Vendor Circuit Motorsports is a good place to ask questions and get good deals.
Thank you very much and I will check them out. I saw on here where somebody said Tein H Tech springs were pretty good.
Old 01-24-13 | 03:06 PM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you will find coilovers pretty similar to the stock ride comfort. The first thing I noticed with the F-sport suspension was that it has a good amount of stiffness that felt similar to coilovers, in comparison to a 2009 base model IS250 I had previously, which felt less stiff.
Old 01-24-13 | 03:11 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4

Yup, I would recommend Megan EZs. BC coils are good too, but theyre more expensive. If you dont plan on tracking your car, the EZs will be more than enough