Pulled over in your IS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-13, 02:41 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SB350
This is an entertaining thread!

I just got my first ticket a couple months ago. A CHP officer followed me out of a gas station and pulled me over because my exhaust was too loud (Fsport + Invidia Midpipe) and gave me a correctable violation for modified exhaust, no front plate, & tinted front windows.

I got the rho-plate and mounted my plate on the front bumper, used a fabric steamer to peel my front tint off, and did the PITA DIY of putting my stock midpipe back on. When I went to the Police Department to get the ticket signed off, the officer just glanced out the window at my car and signed off my violations.

Exciting story, I know.
I hate when that happens! You go thru all the work to make the fixes and then they just sign it off without looking. But it's when you don't do the fixes properly that they actually decide to go check it lol. I remember with my old Prelude, I zip tied the front plate to the bumper and tried to get it signed off. Some of my homies got it signed off no problem, cuz they didn't even go out and check. I took mine in and he actually went outside and checked it. Damn, he was not happy... lmao
Old 02-12-13, 04:20 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cwtt
I got pulled over the first day I bought my Lexus. $795 speeding ticket for 91 in a 65 on the freeway. That sucked.
Gotta love a 350
Old 02-12-13, 10:12 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Probably got pulled over like 8 times in my life. 7 for tint and 1 for exhaust. All in my IS. Only got warning once. Airport police trying to give me a ticket in a unmarked cruiser.
so did you get a fix ticket and had to remove your tints?
Old 02-12-13, 10:28 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

<LOL.

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
He was just doing his job....
orly?

i originally thought he was late for his coffee and donuts date w/ his CHP buddies.

If you didn't cut him off...
exqueezeme?

or argue with...
youfarted?

the CHP officer, he might've let you go with a warning.
and not hit his monthly quota? SACREBLEU!

I'm sure you already knew the front plate has to be actually mounted to the front of the car and not inside your front door pocket
really? no, i didn't. no, really. no...

actually, i was going to wedge it in between my windshield and front dash for the cool import racer poseur look, but my carpel tunnel and gangster-lean driving style prevented me from doing so.

It really isn't his problem if the dealer didn't mount it for you, its your problem lol.
rho-plate. problem solved. lol.

Hell, I don't like the front plate either, I never put it on. Dealer didn't drill holes for it either, but I drove around fully expecting to get pulled over for it.. Got pulled over a few times, no ticket cuz I didn't argue. Usually it just ends with something like "Alright i'll let you off with a warning, but I need you put that plate back on for me." And that's it, I go on with my day without a ticket.
cool story bro. now go make yourself a sandwich and pat yourself on the back. i know i do for every cool post in CL.

A couple months ago though, I actually got a ticket for it. Can't expect an officer to let you slide for it all the time. Put it back on without drilling it, got it signed off, and i'm riding around with it on for now. But i'm sure i'll get sick of it, take it off again, and then see how long I can ride out my luck again. Took me 2 years to finally get a ticket for it the first time lol
you should try driving faster if you want another one. lol.

Originally Posted by NorCalIS
Got that one too... Tried the same excuse... CHP just doesn't care, had to order the grimmspeed tow hitch mount... Hate that stupid law in CA, ruins the front lines of the car just so they can get a flat surface to Radar/Lidar off of.
i have mine awkwardly angled just for ****s and giggles.

When I went to the Police Department to get the ticket signed off, the officer just glanced out the window at my car and signed off my violations.
ditto here. lazy ****ers.
Old 02-12-13, 10:32 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

This is an entertaining thread!

I just got my first ticket a couple months ago. A CHP officer followed me out of a gas station and pulled me over because my exhaust was too loud (Fsport + Invidia Midpipe) and gave me a correctable violation for modified exhaust, no front plate, & tinted front windows.

I got the rho-plate and mounted my plate on the front bumper, used a fabric steamer to peel my front tint off, and did the PITA DIY of putting my stock midpipe back on. When I went to the Police Department to get the ticket signed off, the officer just glanced out the window at my car and signed off my violations.

Exciting story, I know.
is the rho-plate better than drilling hole and putting it on that way?
Old 02-12-13, 10:56 PM
SB350
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dorkacho
is the rho-plate better than drilling hole and putting it on that way?
Yeah, it screws into the tow hook mount. No drilling holes in the bumper.
Old 02-12-13, 11:04 PM
don
Lexus Champion

I got pulled over for no front plate + tints as well.

Got it fixed (just zip tied the plate to the lower grill to get signed off). The cop didn't even look at my tints and signed me off. Wasted $140 on re-tints.
Old 02-12-13, 11:08 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

sorry for another dumb question, but where is the tow hook mount on our car...
Old 02-12-13, 11:38 PM
CCJ22
Pole Position

I get pulled over weekly. Double limo tint on every window except windshield Windshield is only 20%.
I'm getting pretty good with the names in the WPB area.
Old 02-12-13, 11:45 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dorkacho
sorry for another dumb question, but where is the tow hook mount on our car...
Kinda under the driver side headlight. It's behind the square cutout.
Old 02-13-13, 12:10 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

haha some of you guys have some crazy/funny stories. and seems like tickets in CA are expensive as hell!
Old 03-11-13, 10:59 AM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just got pulled over last night in the 626 area.
Originally I was speeding 45 on a 35, rushing home to use the restroom and I have the Invidia Midpipe and the F Sport exhaust so you can imagine how loud that is with the JoeZ Intake on the slow IS250.
I caught the cop a second too late and he followed me for two blocks, and turned on his siren when I was one block away from home. I pulled in my street and pulled over two houses away from my house and right as I pulled over, I parked and turned off my car.
I had all my paperwork and license ready and when he walked over, the first thing I said was good evening sir. Handed him the paper work and this is how the convo went on.

Me: Good evening sir
Him: Why are you driving so fast?
Me: Sorry Sir. I am in a rush to use the restroom.
Him: That's not a good reason to drive so fast man
Me: That's the one and only reason I have sir. I didn't intend to do anything reckless.
Him: When was the last time you got a ticket?
Me: I have a clean history sir. Other than two parking tickets that I paid off.
Him: Oh, where do you live?
Me: *Pointing towards the house* I live with my buddy just over there.
Him: What's the address?
Me: *Gave him the valid address* as he seemed to not believe me
Him: Okay, now you need to have an insurance card under your name, blahblahblah
(My insurance card is under my aunts name but I guess I had to have it under my personal name)
Him: Do you know it's illegal to have such a loud exhaust? Do you have any idea that I heard you from a few blocks away?
Me: Yessir I did know that.
Him: Why do you have this loud thing on such a nice car?
Me: It's personal taste sir. No disrespect.
Him: Non taken. You have to get that changed or it'll be a ticket that you'll have to take to court and a whole lotta trouble I don't want a young man like you to have to go through. When are you going to change the exhaust?
Me: As soon as possible sir.
Him: Good. Now don't let me catch you around here with that exhaust in the next couple of months.
* Hands me back my stuff*
Him: Now drive safe, don't speed. Have a great evening Sean
Me: Thank you sir. You too.

Let me off with a warning and now I'm thinking about going with a quieter route! I personally thought the exhaust combo was too loud for such a slow car anyways.
Old 03-11-13, 11:25 AM
Kevin350
Pole Position

Wow lucky you. I ran a stop sign once, just zoomed pass a sheriff. Looked at the rear view mirror, saw him making a U turn. So I decided to pull myself over. He drove up, walked out, and ask for my license/insurance. He said what happen? I said sorry the sun was in my eyes, I'm not familiar with this street, and I'm lost. He said next time use a better excuse then sun in your eyes and said have a nice day. Another time i was driving the s2k with burned out tail lights. Literally all lights are out. Drove pass an intersection. Got spotted by an officer. He followed me for a while then pulled me over. Came out asked for license and insurance. I didn't have my wallet with me cause I lefted it in my other car. He said where am I going? I said driving my drunk *** friend home. My buddy was like drooling on the passenger seat passed out. Then the office said good job. Get the tail light fix tomorrow and have a good night.
Old 03-11-13, 03:34 PM
ONEdirty23
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PlacidBoi
Just got pulled over last night in the 626 area.
Originally I was speeding 45 on a 35, rushing home to use the restroom and I have the Invidia Midpipe and the F Sport exhaust so you can imagine how loud that is with the JoeZ Intake on the slow IS250.
Was the F-Sport Exhaust installed on the car when purchased or bought afterwards? Wonder if you could still get a ticket since its a factory option.
Old 03-11-13, 04:01 PM
OPTiK
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rolando
my friend works for the fdny in nyc you are fdny they would not bother you at all. they would give you a warning and you about your business my friend works in 23rd street.
Really? My cousins husband works for nypd and he says cops and fire fighters hate each other lol. Oh and state cops and city cops hate each other too

I've been pulled over at night (2am) for tints 2 times (no tickets). I got a ticket for my windshield tint when I got stopped at a spot check though. My v1 keeps me from getting caught speeding

Quick Reply: Pulled over in your IS?