IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Best and worst experiences buying car stuff online

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-13, 01:47 PM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Best and worst experiences buying car stuff online

This type of thread might be better posted in the General subforum, but I just had a great experience buying a front lip for my 250 from an eBay seller.

Here's the story:
I live in Canada. This basically means that ordering a lot of larger car parts like lip kits and wheels are much more expensive than buying within the US, mainly due to shipping costs and Customs/Duty fees. For example, a $100 front lip on eBay costs $90 to ship to my address here in Canada.

Luckily, I have a friend who's dad imports produce from California. I can order parts, have them delivered to the California address, and they get brought in to Canada every Sunday. I pay a flat shipping and handling cost based on weight.

About a week and a half ago, I ordered a front lip from an eBay seller, to be delivered to my friend's California address. Everything went as expected. Tuesday (the 5th) came around, and I had the box in my hands. When I got home, I opened the box to find that they had mistakenly sent me the rear lip instead of the front. I immediately contacted the seller via eBay to resolve the situation. After a few emails back and forth and a few pictures to confirm the wrong product had been shipped, I got a call today and spoke with a gentleman who told me that they would be shipping the front lip to my friend's address in California. The best part is that they gave me a GREAT deal on the front lip, and I get to keep the lip that I have! And seriously, it was a GREAT deal.. I mean, I'm basically getting the front lip for free

Amazing service from this seller, I couldn't be happier.

So, let's hear it! Post up any notable experiences with online sellers or buyers, good or bad!
Old 02-11-13, 02:04 PM
jbone29
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

who did you buy the lip from? i want a free lip too
Old 02-12-13, 06:31 PM
Gville350

Received 436 Likes on 387 Posts

Worst : eBay seller tried to tell me after I sent $500 for a turbo that his family had medical issues and he never sent me anything. Filed a Paypal dispute and only got $400 back. The guy had the ***** to negative feedback me too! To this day, that jackass is the cause for my 99.9% positive feedback on eBay.

Best : eBay seller sold me a complete top & bottom end gasket/seal kit for one of my Hondas. After 10 days I notified the seller that I never received my pkg...and the tracking info backed me up on this. Seller said they would 2nd day air me a new kit, free of charge. I asked about the first kit; they said if it ever comes to enjoy it on them. Well, I got the second kit in 2 days as promised. ONE MONTH goes by; came home one day with the first complete box sitting at my front door. Lets just say that I did additional business with that eBay seller.