IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Car scraped at dealership

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-13, 06:06 PM
circuitt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tapangb
Take it back. I hope it isn't the Kearny Mesa dealership because I just took my car over there for some recall fixes. Sorry to hear about that but you should definitely take it back as soon as you get the chance. I just picked up my IS350 from there last week but I walked around my car and didn't notice any new scratches on it. Good luck and keep us posted.
No wasn't Kearny Mesa Lexus .
I understand mistakes happen, as long as they make it right, then I won't reveal them. Going there tomorrow morning..
I hate missing work, I get enough grief over that.

Just wish I could convince them to not do it themselves and use the money on led side mirrors (wishful thinking)
Old 02-13-13, 11:30 AM
circuitt
Pole Position

Ok took her in today, service manager looked at it, said they will replace side mirror cover.
and fix tsb on dash rattle, plus a free loaner. will update with outcome.
i tried to convince him to just cut a check and ill go order some led's but that was a no go, I figured that much anyways. they replaced my battery but never put it in on the invoice/receipt, and never reset oil change warning light either.
Old 02-13-13, 04:29 PM
tedward88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by circuitt
Ok took her in today, service manager looked at it, said they will replace side mirror cover.
and fix tsb on dash rattle, plus a free loaner. will update with outcome.
i tried to convince him to just cut a check and ill go order some led's but that was a no go, I figured that much anyways. they replaced my battery but never put it in on the invoice/receipt, and never reset oil change warning light either.
sounds like you need to go to another lexus dealership. They should ALWAYS put every single thing they do on the receipt and put it in the computer for records
Old 02-13-13, 04:41 PM
IS2FIFTY
Lead Lap

that sucks, hope everything works out for you. At least they agreed to get it fixed for you
Old 02-13-13, 09:45 PM
aznKewlguy
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

they should upgrade you to 09+ side mirrors with blinkers for that one.
Old 02-13-13, 10:22 PM
circuitt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aznKewlguy
they should upgrade you to 09+ side mirrors with blinkers for that one.
Would be nice, but.. I don't think they would want to be liable for a part not designed for an earlier year. I hinted @ some f sport rims, but what do they really owe me? just what was damaged, maybe a free oil change, but I doubt they would hook it up that hard. even though it
was quite shady.
Old 02-14-13, 09:40 AM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Same thing happened to me, except much worse.
Don't blame the dealership, it's just a person who messed up and didn't confront the SA or anyone up front because they don't want trouble, thinking they can get away from it.
I went to the dealership a few months ago to have my Navigation ECU replaced since it stopped working and I had CPO warranty. Took my car in and I have a car cam, which they didn't know was on. As the guy drove my car into the shop, he hit the lift gate and messed up my front lip, and bumper. HE didn't even bother getting out to check it out, just reparked and started working on my car, which pissed me off. He or another worker ripped off parts of my dash which I noticed right before I drove off the lot of the dealership.
Turned around and talked to the SA and he worked it out for me. Though at first I only saw the dash, i reported it to him and he took note and pictures and said not to worry about a thing, as long as I didn't do anything. As I got home, I noticed the messed up front bumper and lip (It was only mere scratches but to me it was BAD) and I called the SA right away, very solid guy and said wow, cant believe all this is happening. He did not even doubt me for one second and said he'll take care of me. I then remembered I had the dash cam so I looked through a few hours of videos and I found the part where the person hit the lift gate object with my car and sent it over to the SA. Since I am only 19, they couldn't give me a loaners Lexus although the SA really wanted to, but they put me in a Enterprise car for four days as they fixed up my car. There was a small little chip, the size of the tip of a pen that they couldn't fix, but agreed to replace my rear speaker cover that they quoted me $800 for, for free.
They are more than reasonable if you take the time to talk to them, and figure things out.
The person who caused all this, who worked on my car, most likely got held responsible for the damages.
Old 02-14-13, 10:28 AM
huystAr
Driver School Candidate

Wow glad they're gunna take care of it. The dealership where I'm from will blame you and call you a scammer if you report it to the service manager. At least you have a success story unlike me -__-
Old 02-14-13, 04:10 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

When I take my car in they always do a walk around to look for damage. When it comes back to me I always do a walk around to look for damage. One time the SA came out and asked me if every thing was ok and I told him you guys do a walk around on the way in I do it on the way out. It keeps every one happy.
Old 02-14-13, 04:12 PM
huystAr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jgr7
When I take my car in they always do a walk around to look for damage. When it comes back to me I always do a walk around to look for damage. One time the SA came out and asked me if every thing was ok and I told him you guys do a walk around on the way in I do it on the way out. It keeps every one happy.
Exactly what I do plus a no on a wash. I tell the service techs and also leave a "no wash" sign over my Navi
Old 02-14-13, 05:55 PM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hit up a new dealer sounds like this is poor customer service.
Old 02-15-13, 07:00 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That's pretty shady but I do think it was not the dealer and it was the employee. It sucks that people can't man up and admit their mistakes.
Old 02-25-13, 11:55 AM
circuitt
Pole Position

ok they replaced the side mirror outer housing, put the battery on my receipt, and did the dash rattle TSB (removed the whole dash, felt inserts, etc) took a couple days.
Car is completely silent now, not a creak, rattle, anything.. they did that for free. so i guess i came out slightly ahead.
Old 02-25-13, 12:28 PM
Gville350

Received 433 Likes on 385 Posts

^Glad to hear they fixed up everything good and proper for you!
Old 03-04-13, 07:31 AM
H0LLYW00D
Driver School Candidate

glad to here a positive outcome from all of this!!

Quick Reply: Car scraped at dealership