IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

XM Radio and Back-Up Camera

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-13, 08:15 AM
Divis05
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM Radio and Back-Up Camera

When I push the AM-SAT button it only stays on AM and doesn't go to a satellite screen.

Searching the forum, looks like I need the transmitter in the trunk? I have the shark fin and NAV but I don't get buying such a nice car that this isnt already installed, even if you would buy the base model/package.

looks like the transmitter is discontiued or does anyone know how I can get one? I can't believe a luxary car like Lexus doesn't have XM standard...

Killing two birds;

Does the back up camera have a way of turning on lines to show where your car is at? My Infiniti had dotted lines showing where my car would be if I turn the steering wheel one way or another. it just helps back out of my long driveway.

Thanks!!
Old 02-23-13, 08:39 AM
jbone29
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife has a G35 with the colored lines, as far as I know our reverse cameras do not have this. I agree with you on the satellite radio. Total bs you have to buy something extra for the radio. Tats the world we live in now. Have to spend money on everything!!
Old 02-23-13, 09:11 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year is your IS? I have an 06 and it didn't come with XM. I ended up buying the XM receiver and installing it myself. The car is already wired up for it, so it's all plug and play. I agree with you that a car of this level should have this standard.
Old 02-23-13, 11:34 PM
lopaka07
Rookie

Vaistech has an xm or sirius kit to install on our cars. It integrates into the stock stereo and you have full control through the steering wheel like it was from the factory.

I had the xm kit installed through a car stereo shop. I definitely recommend having a shop that's familiar with that particular install.
Old 02-25-13, 07:53 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The XM tuner is not a standard feature in the 06-08 cars (possibly 09 too not sure). It's a stand alone option.

As noted it's an easy DIY install, takes 30-60 minutes, all in the trunk, most of that is just removing and re installing the panels in the trunk.

but you can't buy em from Toyota/Lexus anymore.

So if you can't find one elsewhere you're stuck with the aftermarket units, which install in/behind the dash (a lot more work- still not especially hard, but more work and taking the dash apart)
Old 02-25-13, 11:29 AM
SiriusXM
Driver School Candidate

Default SiriusXM

Hi there-

Could you send me an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, so we can help.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Originally Posted by Divis05
When I push the AM-SAT button it only stays on AM and doesn't go to a satellite screen.

Searching the forum, looks like I need the transmitter in the trunk? I have the shark fin and NAV but I don't get buying such a nice car that this isnt already installed, even if you would buy the base model/package.

looks like the transmitter is discontiued or does anyone know how I can get one? I can't believe a luxary car like Lexus doesn't have XM standard...

Killing two birds;

Does the back up camera have a way of turning on lines to show where your car is at? My Infiniti had dotted lines showing where my car would be if I turn the steering wheel one way or another. it just helps back out of my long driveway.

Thanks!!