IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

R.I.P to my IS250

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-13, 02:22 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dang sorry to see that, at least you werent seriously injured and on the bright side at least you have a new build which should be exciting!
Old 02-28-13, 02:28 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Alias
dang sorry to see that, at least you werent seriously injured and on the bright side at least you have a new build which should be exciting!
Originally Posted by DSea5
Wow that's crazy. at least you are ok
Originally Posted by bob4256
Good to hear your ok. Looking forward to the build!
Originally Posted by Vroomin350
you already know how I feel. Glad you made it out of that brova, can't wait for the build !

Originally Posted by rookieIS
sorry bout the accident.. glad that you're safe!

looking forward to the mods on the 10'!

thanks guys

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
That has to rank as one of the least amount of exterior damage for a totalled car. In fact, it's beyond me how the frame could bend so much from a rear-end collision, yet the sheetmetal not show the effects from the force. Where the heck is the crumple zone effect? That Dodge must have hit a certain way to cause all this. I've never seen such a situation before. Crazy!
he hit me dead on not even sure he hit the brakes but my insurance adjuster said in order to have fixed my car everything from the back seat going back had to be cut off . The doors were already tight and wouldnt close correctly, and the estimated damages was at 17k and climbing. The value of the car was only 21K so there was no point in them continuing to estimate what further damages there were

Heres the crumple zone he hit me hard enough for this part of the car to buckle

frame damage went right through there as you can see the crease in the wheel well on both sides

and the doors shifted

Last edited by RDIS250AWD; 02-28-13 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-28-13, 02:36 PM
LexStylez
Pole Position

Ouch, it hurts just looking at those pictures. I'm glad you weren't injured. I've always been a fan of your car. Welcome to the 09-10 club Looking forward to your new build!
Old 02-28-13, 02:36 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to see this but glad you got another IS. And also usually cars are totaled from the damages you can't see. Exterior damage is the easiest to fix. Frame damage, engine damage ect is what will total a car.
Old 02-28-13, 02:39 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh damn homie, not your ride!!

Glad you made it out mostly alright tho bro. Cars can be replaced, you can't be. I know how you feel about those driving without insurance....went thru something similar in the past. IMO, if you can't buy car insurance for your car, you have no right to drive one. Stuff like this always happens, thankfully in your case he wasn't able to drive away!

Looking forward to what you're gonna do with this next one bro, clean slate to start from again!
Old 02-28-13, 02:41 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

↑ thanks guys by the way you know what makes me really sick other than uninsured motorist some fool at the auction yard that I had my car was so broke that he decided to take the change that I had in my car and my carbon fiber license plate frame
Old 02-28-13, 02:49 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
↑ thanks guys by the way you know what makes me really sick other than uninsured motorist some fool at the auction yard that I had my car was so broke that he decided to take the change that I had in my car and my carbon fiber license plate frame
Damn! But that doesn't surprise me that they'll take stuff like that hoping you wont realize.
I'm sure there's a lot of employees at junk/auction yards that don't give a crap and will take change and little things off the cars as they come in.
Old 02-28-13, 02:52 PM
SVTRondogg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks to see, but glad you came out of it ok. Good luck with the new one!
Old 02-28-13, 02:57 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

After death comes rebirth. Glad you're ok bro
Old 02-28-13, 03:11 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

That sucks really glad to hear your alright.... Congrats on the new pick up......
Old 02-28-13, 03:40 PM
vboi4life
Pole Position

im glad you are alright.if i was you i would really pissed.all the time and money put in the car and now you have start all over.
Old 02-28-13, 03:46 PM
Kentchup
Pole Position

glad you are okay!, really liked your car from the beginning and it was great seeing the build, but im sure your next build is gonna be amazing!!
Old 02-28-13, 04:00 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Damn! But that doesn't surprise me that they'll take stuff like that hoping you wont realize.
I'm sure there's a lot of employees at junk/auction yards that don't give a crap and will take change and little things off the cars as they come in.
yeah that is true, those ppl will get no where in life

Originally Posted by SVTRondogg
Sucks to see, but glad you came out of it ok. Good luck with the new one!
Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
After death comes rebirth. Glad you're ok bro
Originally Posted by 600rr05
That sucks really glad to hear your alright.... Congrats on the new pick up......

thanks everybody.

Originally Posted by Kentchup
glad you are okay!, really liked your car from the beginning and it was great seeing the build, but im sure your next build is gonna be amazing!!
Kentchup the next build might be very controversial for some. I know alot of ppl do not like mix matching kits, and a few ppl have an issue with replica products but If anything ever happens like me messing up my lip like I already have twice I won't cry about it bc it did not cost me a arm and a leg.

Originally Posted by vboi4life
im glad you are alright.if i was you i would really pissed.all the time and money put in the car and now you have start all over.
At first I was, but again I was already planning on refreshing my car, the only thing I will hate is having to redo my trunk. which is the main reason I need it to be warm here.
Old 02-28-13, 05:13 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Glad you're ok, but so sad about your car. It looked really nice. Congrats on the new ride!
Old 02-28-13, 06:39 PM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, glad to see you're okay at least! That damage makes me cringe.... At least you've got a new IS to work with! Can't wait to see the new canvas looking as good as the old one!

Quick Reply: R.I.P to my IS250