IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS350 vibrated briefly when stops, very random occurence

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-13, 09:15 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I was having a very similar problem. While stopped, in drive, at stop lights I could feel a slight vibration, and if i turned on my dome light i would see a slight flicker. I tried many fixes and then after talking with some of my friends who are mechanics, decided to check the battery and alternator. Alternator was fine, but battery tested weak on an old school hot wire load tester. I took it to the dealer and told them, they said the battery passed their battery check, but that it was on the lower end of the scale so they replaced my battery anyway. Ever since then no more vibration and the engine feels nicer. Just an idea you can try.
Old 03-19-13, 09:27 AM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by gompka
I was having a very similar problem. While stopped, in drive, at stop lights I could feel a slight vibration, and if i turned on my dome light i would see a slight flicker. I tried many fixes and then after talking with some of my friends who are mechanics, decided to check the battery and alternator. Alternator was fine, but battery tested weak on an old school hot wire load tester. I took it to the dealer and told them, they said the battery passed their battery check, but that it was on the lower end of the scale so they replaced my battery anyway. Ever since then no more vibration and the engine feels nicer. Just an idea you can try.
interesting, i just replaced my battery not too long ago, maybe i didn't put it it correctly and it's leaking? i'll add this to my list of questions, thanks.
Old 03-19-13, 09:31 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I too just recently had lexus replaced my battery, so I can rule out that the battery is incorrectly installed. My symptoms didn't change with the replacement of the battery

Keep us updated on what the dealership says stlgrym3
Old 03-21-13, 04:46 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

after left my car at the dealer an entire day, received a call today, can't duplicate the rough idle vibration, duh, no *****. they did all kinds of mis-fire tests and results are good. however, they did see a low voltage error code during the test, they'll check on the battery today. i'm not complaining, they gave me a CT200h as a loaning, that thing is awesome, low to the ground, once you get up to the speed, drives just like a regular IS, 250, that is