IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Car Wreck

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-13, 08:26 PM
BKECMF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Wreck

What a Bum Out. First, let me say I have loved this car...I maintained it meticulously and planned on driving it for...a while. On Saturday night a drunk driver (kid) hit us and drove off. Because of the excellent quality of this car, the two of us in the car were completely unharmed, we got very lucky of course.

The first picture is from the day I brought home this car, my first Lexus. The next two are after the accident; the wreck itself didn't feel like too much of a whomp so of course, I was expecting to get the car repaired. Tuesday I was contacted by my insurance POC stating it is a total loss.

For now, I'll be driving my mom's spare car, a Lexus IS250c until I decide to purchase my next car...I'm just not ready to make that change yet.

Glad to be lurking around the forum for a little while anyway!

Not sure what I'll do now but I'd like to stay in the Lexus family and get something in the way of an SUV, my budget will probably limit my choice to an RX if I go that route...
Attached Thumbnails Car Wreck-img_0152.jpg   Car Wreck-lexuswreck2.jpg   Car Wreck-lexuswreck5.jpg  
Old 03-07-13, 08:39 PM
671gs
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch u ok?
Old 03-07-13, 09:02 PM
krUnALv99
Pole Position

If my car was still working, i would've hauled *** and followed them. And if i would've gotten a wreckless driving ticket or something it still would've been worth it because you got the drunk driver..
Glad your ok & hope your insurance dont jack up sky high!
Old 03-07-13, 09:03 PM
BKECMF
Driver School Candidate

Hey, thanks for asking! My passenger and I are okay, so very thankful. Disappointed the car is going to be written off but thankful to have had a stout vehicle that took the brunt of the accident for us. I must also say, because this was a hit and run accident, I filed the claim on my insurance and Allstate has been GREAT through this process...just tying up the loose ends for now and I'll be relieved once the bank is paid in full and this is behind me.
Old 03-07-13, 09:05 PM
BKECMF
Driver School Candidate

That's a good point. But I did snap a picture of the license plate before he drove off. It's clear and has all the information the police needed!!

Last edited by BKECMF; 03-07-13 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-07-13, 09:09 PM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

In my opinion that damage is repairable, I got my car from the auction and that's how it was hit sorta-kinda. I am pretty sure that the future owner of the car will be happy, simply because it's a Lexus. But good luck with the RX i heard they are awesome SUV's a few of my aunts have one.
Old 03-07-13, 09:16 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

man sorry to see this a month ago a uninsured driver totaled my car and attempted to drive off but failed. To this day hes avoided communication with my insurance company. Surely he will have jail time in his future. Glad to hear you are ok. I ended up getting another IS. hopefully you stay in the Lexus family as well. Good luck car hunting
Old 03-07-13, 09:22 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad you are ok but sorry to see your car damage. You can fix that if you really wanted.
Old 03-07-13, 09:40 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am very metaculous with my car too, but if insurance is willing to pay me infull for my car, I wouldn't sweat it; would be a good chance to grab an upgrade

Did they ever catch the other driver, how did you know it was a drunk driver that hit you?
Old 03-07-13, 09:47 PM
krUnALv99
Pole Position

All i know is if someone hit me and tried running, someone is going to be in a driving into a ditch or worse.

Straight Up.
Old 03-07-13, 10:15 PM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

That sucks your IS is being written off (my IS is my first car too); its good that you and your passenger are okay. I drove a 2012 RX loaner from the dealer and they are quite the car.
Old 03-07-13, 10:36 PM
BKECMF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by edgeucated
I am very metaculous with my car too, but if insurance is willing to pay me infull for my car, I wouldn't sweat it; would be a good chance to grab an upgrade

Did they ever catch the other driver, how did you know it was a drunk driver that hit you?

I hear ya about the upgrade, I'm working on it! I've not been told about the other driver, the police and insurance are keeping me in the dark about it. I can't be SURE the other driver was drunk; however, there's only one reason to leave the scene of an accident @ 2am...that reason is to avoid a DWI (this from the police officer that handled the scene).

Initially, the driver stopped. I had time to snap a photo of his plates and walk up to his window asking if he and the passengers were safe (they were). I turned back to my car to view the damage and witnesses started shouting...this is when he left...oh and no ditches for him to wind up in here in Dallas; just a concrete...paradise?
Old 03-08-13, 10:06 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

^^^^

Sorry to hear that....

Glad you got a picture of the @hole who tried to run. That's one less misery that you saved for another victim. This guy may have done it again and again because he can get away with it. Hopefully the police comes through and put him where he belongs with a horny roommate in jail.
Old 03-08-13, 11:12 AM
slowpoe3
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That totally sucks.. but glad to hear you and your passenger are ok.
Old 03-08-13, 12:14 PM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Wow man, glad you are ok. Time to buy a new LEXUS!

Quick Reply: Car Wreck