IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

So.. Watch When You open Your Doors In Parking Lots..?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-13, 09:19 AM
circuitt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not one ding yet. I usually try to park next to curbs as close as I can , that a 50% less chance ill get dinged. I avoid SUVs , trucks and mini vans
Old 04-13-13, 10:26 AM
Noeh
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Here in MA, they do a better job at dinging your door:

So.. Watch When You open Your Doors In Parking Lots..?-photo-1.jpg
So.. Watch When You open Your Doors In Parking Lots..?-photo-2.jpg

I suspect a rental truck.

Last edited by Noeh; 04-13-13 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-13-13, 11:52 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ScoobyLai
It's kinda funny; no matter how far you park, there will always be this one car that parks right next you.
I found that many people, specially women have difficulty to decide where to park in an empty parking lot. So they park beside another car instead to make them feel comfortable.
Old 04-13-13, 11:54 AM
azfsprt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by krUnALv99
Stupid people.

Even though i park in the back of every parking lot in B.F.E. Go figure this would happen to me.

Man that stinks. Sorry that happened to you. It happened a lot to me when I had my dinky little Civic I came out of the p.lot and got 3 dings and 1 of them looked like a POS raised truck slammed his door on mine. Now that I have a lexus I park FAAAAARRRRR! But sometimes careless dumb people do ish like this.

@reyoasian smart man I would have done the same thing. Its usually (but not all) those stupid truck drivers too!
Old 04-13-13, 12:05 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Your cars so dirty I can't even tell where the ding is! :P
Old 04-13-13, 01:36 PM
Machog
Driver

Some one backed their trailer hitch into me when I was stationery, jumped out and tried to claim it was my fault. I started taking pictures and he got even more pissed.

Luckily his wife was a bit more lucid and gave me their insurance details. $533.00 for the repair and $145.00 for 4 days of rental car. Claim was through the Hartford, must say very impressed with their service.

Machog
Old 04-13-13, 02:49 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by reyoasian
Some old guy in F150 did that to me once and I confronted him but instead of saying sorry he says "so? it's a parking lot buddy"

Lol as small of a damage as it was ($50 to buff it out? or even DIY), I went through insurance to f*** his a** for being such a dbag

It's always those pickup trucks. Last week, my brother was returning to his car at the hospital parking lot and as he was walking back the pickup truck next to him pulled out, hit the car, and drove off.

For me, I usually park far away but on a few occasions I'm in a rush or there's no far place to park so I have to park next to other people.
Old 04-13-13, 08:16 PM
jlee403
Driver

I work 6 days a week at a place where 80-85% of the people coming in and out are korean. now, im korean as well and ive always been a little irked when someone laughs "haha asians cant drive," but after about 3 door dings i now park in the back. under the security camera. on another note, my boss's continental gt got a massive door ding about 3 days after he bought it.

Sorry that ignorant people parked next to your car ):
Old 04-13-13, 09:02 PM
standpipe
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ScoobyLai
It's kinda funny; no matter how far you park, there will always be this one car that parks right next you.
yesssssss that ******t always happens to me no matter how farrrrrrrrr i park. LOL
Old 04-14-13, 12:28 AM
Tapangb
Driver

I feel you bro. I try to park far or close to a curb but it'll happen regardless. I have a few dings on my doors and wheel well fenders. I try to park next to nice cars but still no success. Sometimes you just can't avoid it.
Old 04-14-13, 09:46 AM
Joshohoho
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always park on the higher floors or far away from entrances where other people don't. I won't mind walking further as long as my car doesnt have any other car next to it.

And don't park next to big trucks and cars with long doors like coupes, they usually have longer doors.
Old 04-14-13, 04:20 PM
NYG
Driver

possibly one of the worst feelings in the world man! I traded in my x3 with a door ding, and now I go out of my way to not only park in the back but to be in the very damn last lane!

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 04-14-13, 07:22 PM
NYG
Driver

Originally Posted by don
IMAGE#1
+1 haha

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 04-15-13, 06:34 AM
GoGiantsNJ
Pole Position

It is amazing how people park right next to your car in an empty lot. When we go to the mall we take the 2004 camry with many dings on it (my daughter's commuter car to her High School).
Old 04-15-13, 09:50 AM
azfsprt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GoGiantsNJ
It is amazing how people park right next to your car in an empty lot. When we go to the mall we take the 2004 camry with many dings on it (my daughter's commuter car to her High School).
smart man! Especially out in Jersey, I remember when I was there I was even more afraid to get my rental dinged cuz they would charge me for it.

Quick Reply: So.. Watch When You open Your Doors In Parking Lots..?