GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Both cars look AMAZING guys
Old 04-17-13, 11:37 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Goodness. Both cars are perfection. Both vehicles set the standard high for others. Great pictures!
Old 04-17-13, 11:49 AM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

really loving the new set ups, great pics too.
Old 04-17-13, 01:29 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Cars look great!! Photo's came out pretty good too. Keep up the great work !
Old 04-17-13, 06:08 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what bumper is on the red?
Old 04-17-13, 06:21 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice cars!

Intercooler is soo nice with the IS-F bumper!
Old 04-17-13, 06:36 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Thank you everyone for your compliments! I'm really excited about our cars' progresses and it's nice to get some feedback about what we have going on so far.

Originally Posted by Slammer1
Both look great! I also love Heyarms hood and I'm not typically a fan of the carbon fiber look. It works quite well on yours with the "look" of your car. Karasha, I love yours too and have always said that MRM is my favorite color. I had to go into your threads started to find the photo shoot you did last year (still one of my favorites) with the large trees hanging over the cars. I do have to say that I liked your old wheels better though...... Keep up the excellent work and keep us posted with more great pics when the front is finished!
That location with the overhanging trees was one of our places we considered going to, but I couldn't remember if it was lowered friendly. My front bumper hangs quite low, despite not really being dropped in the front. As for my wheels, I know not everyone is going to be a fan of them. I just felt like it was time for something new and a little more aggressive to match the transformation the car is going through.

Originally Posted by Initial G
Both cars look great and set the standard. The front end on the MRM looks awesome. Coming along very nicely.
Originally Posted by L3XOTIC
Goodness. Both cars are perfection. Both vehicles set the standard high for others. Great pictures!
Originally Posted by Lexus@17
Texas got some heattttttttttt!
Thanks y'all! After heading out to the Pursuit meet in SoCal back in 2011, we really wanted to play on the level of California and show that Houston can turn out some pretty sweet cars too.

Originally Posted by aznoutkast
applause on the new front!!! looks amazing! i need to head back to houston already to see more 2is!
Come on back! Come hang with Club Lexus Houston for All Team Bash in May! We're supposed to have about 25-30 Lexuses representing. Going to be pretty crazy.

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Awesome cars... 2 truly unique rides on this forum! Great work guys.

Katie - those reflections are ridiculous! Car is like a mirror (which is not easy to pull off on red!)... what LSP you using at the moment?
The LSP that's on it is pretty much toast and the water is not beading as tight as it once was. I mean, I did apply wax on it back last September (but it's sat in the garage mostly). I used Blackfire Wet Diamond topped with Dodo Juice Supernatural.

It's really a shame because due to certain situations completely out of my hands, the car has incurred some slight swirls all over the paint that need to be taken out. When the front bumper and hood were repainted at my shop and they did not finish the paint down. The amount of hologram and swirling on it really kills me. It looks like they wetsanded it and then did a wool pad with compound. I mean, just swirls upon swirls. Some dirt must have gotten into their pad too, because I have "pigtail" looking scratches on it in certain places.

I chalk it up to that they don't know the science of properly finishing a car. The last picture of my car in the line up of picture has the paint looking so dull, it really kills a little part of me. When I polish my paint back to swirl free, I'll make sure to post up pictures!

I'll have to give you guys a quick "Photography 101" lesson sometime... I've been meaning to put together a "Basics of Photography" thread for a long time but just can't find the time to do it.
When you find some time, I think that'd be a brilliant idea!
Old 04-17-13, 06:43 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

Those cars are insanely nice!

I didn't know there were palm trees in south Texas?
Old 04-17-13, 07:21 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That location with the overhanging trees was one of our places we considered going to, but I couldn't remember if it was lowered friendly. My front bumper hangs quite low, despite not really being dropped in the front. As for my wheels, I know not everyone is going to be a fan of them. I just felt like it was time for something new and a little more aggressive to match the transformation the car is going through.

I feel ya. I got more hate than love when I went from my factory 18s to the black Motegi's. I wanted something different and love how my car looks now. What you like is what matters the most. When's that front gonna be finished?
Old 04-17-13, 08:00 PM
iNfectious
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kira X
I didn't know there were palm trees in south Texas?
In Texas, we plant palm trees everywhere lol
Old 04-17-13, 09:00 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wish some more of the F guys would do there cars up more nice rides guys
Old 04-17-13, 09:28 PM
SB350
Instructor

I love everything about these 2 cars! I wish there would be a Pursuit IV to get you guys back out to California.

I'll have to give you guys a quick "Photography 101" lesson sometime... I've been meaning to put together a "Basics of Photography" thread for a long time but just can't find the time to do it.

It's not terribly complicated - just takes some practice and patience (like learning anything!)
There's a lot of great basic info in the CL photography forum...and some nice pictures too
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/dig...raphy-faq.html
Old 04-17-13, 09:51 PM
SoSickG35
Driver

very very sexy!
Old 04-17-13, 09:58 PM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow looks great! Very different!
Old 04-17-13, 10:49 PM