Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-13, 12:03 PM
SeanO
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Finally!

Posting pics of the Lex 2008 IS250 AWD SGM

Just had new rims put on the other day.. 19x8.5 Bremmer Kraft BR06.. Rubber is 255/30R19 - Toyo Proxes all the way around.
Tail lights are plasti dipped (**** off haters) used smoke initially and then finished with a couple coats of gloss
You can't see them in these pictures but I also have HID kits installed for the lows and fogs.. 6500k lows and 5000k fogs, both kits Xenon Depot, as well as white LED parking lights to complete the cluster!

BTW I know its dirty.. took these pics yesterday i've since gotten a car wash

Let me know what you think!

Old 04-17-13, 12:25 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanO

Just had new rims put on the other day.. 19x8.5 Bremmer Kraft BR06.. Rubber is 255/30R19 - Toyo Proxes all the way around.
Tail lights are plasti dipped (**** off haters) used smoke initially and then finished with a couple coats of gloss
You can't see them in these pictures but I also have HID kits installed for the lows and fogs.. 6500k lows and 5000k fogs, both kits Xenon Depot, as well as white LED parking lights to complete the cluster!

Not trying to sound like a d***, but you did you read what you typed?

The tails and wheels dont look good. Im sure if you take off the plastidip, use redouts, and drop the car, it should look better
Old 04-17-13, 12:36 PM
SeanO
Instructor

Originally Posted by bob4256

The tails and wheels dont look good. Im sure if you take off the plastidip, use redouts, and drop the car, it should look better
No i don't read any of what i type.. Seriously?! If i wanted redouts i would have them.. People have opinions which is why i said let me know what you think (without reading it).. Thanks for your opinion though
Old 04-17-13, 12:38 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Drop it. It will look better. If you like the tails and wheels it shouldnt matter what other people post OP. Although I do agree with bob4256, should have done the redouts.
Old 04-17-13, 12:43 PM
SeanO
Instructor

Originally Posted by UniSlayEX
Drop it. It will look better. If you like the tails and wheels it shouldnt matter what other people post OP. Although I do agree with bob4256, should have done the redouts.
Redouts are overrated in my eyes.. They're hardly different from stock.. boring
Old 04-17-13, 12:50 PM
p0lo8
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To each his own but not liking the tails and rims. Are you planning about dropping it?

Redouts are overrated in my eyes.. They're hardly different from stock.. boring
Thats the point. Redouts make the tails look better, at the same time looking OEM. Again, to each his own.
Old 04-17-13, 01:02 PM
SeanO
Instructor

Originally Posted by p0lo8
To each his own but not liking the tails and rims. Are you planning about dropping it?

Thats the point. Redouts make the tails look better, at the same time looking OEM. Again, to each his own.
I've priced out coils but our roads up here are **** so i might stay away from lowering it.. i want to but i think in the long run its best if i don't.. its a tough decision haha as far as the redouts go..i'm not too concerned about having things look OEM haha.. Redouts are boring as hell.. respectively
Old 04-17-13, 01:16 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I LOL'd when I saw the tires all shined up but the car dirty as hell.

Not a fan of the wheels (or the lights)... but a significant drop would definitely help improve the appearance. The matte look on the tail lights just looks like something is wrong with them IMO.

All that matters is that you enjoy it though.
Old 04-17-13, 01:25 PM
SeanO
Instructor

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
I LOL'd when I saw the tires all shined up but the car dirty as hell.

Not a fan of the wheels (or the lights)... but a significant drop would definitely help improve the appearance. The matte look on the tail lights just looks like something is wrong with them IMO.

All that matters is that you enjoy it though.
Cheers to that. the Plasti dip does leave somewhat of a matte finish, however it all depends on the lighting.. an overcast day and those tail lights will be close to solid black.. in direct sunlight they will look different.. as you can see in the pictures
Old 04-17-13, 01:48 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

the plasti-dip'd rear lights don't bother me as much as the wheels. they look hideous and look way too busy.

i would get a refund for however much you paid for them and go back to OEM wheels until you can afford a nicer-looking set of wheels - even if said second set of wheels are knock-offs/replicas.

after all, if you're going to buy some made-in-china wheels, at least buy something that's eye-catching.
Old 04-17-13, 02:37 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It looks ok...not a fan of the wheels. If you lowered it a bit it would look better.
Old 04-17-13, 02:45 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Like others have said, I would have to agree, not really feeling the rims at the moment. Maybe if you lowered the car a little, it might like the rims better. LOL

I know you said the roads are terrible over there, but if you got coils, you could adjust the height. Just a little drop makes a huge difference. I actually don't mind the tail lights, in the sun, they don't look that dark. Any plans for future mods?
Old 04-17-13, 02:45 PM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

I must say plasti dip isnt IMO ment for taillights and wheels....To each their own but Bob is right redouts is the way to go unless your actually getting your tails done prof. like i said before no disrespect to Plasti Dip fanatics, but you are in a lexus......you get what you pay for. Anyways to each their own your happy then its all gravy.
Old 04-17-13, 02:48 PM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bob4256

Brutally honest lol....and to add to my previous comment. If your worried about coils just get tien springs, road magnet. They will drop the car a bit to maybe set the appearance off a bit more. And you wouldnt **** of any hater with the plasti dip taillights lol. The haters normally go with something more subtle or have them prof. done.

Last edited by Jump2man3; 04-17-13 at 02:50 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 04-17-13, 02:55 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

As long as you love it cause you drive it. But 255-30 is over kill on 8.5 width all around.

Quick Reply: Finally!