IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

PLEASE HELP! Need info for wheels and springs!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-13, 10:31 AM
YawnRager
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP! Need info for wheels and springs!

I got my IS250 in January and now I want to mod it! So far what I'm deciding between for springs are Eibach and Road Magnets. The wheels I am look at are Enkei Majesty 18"... The wheel base is 35mm. I want them to be flush, so what size spacers would I need? And how much time would it take to install the spacers and springs if I have absolutely no experience with part installation? Thank you for the help!
Old 05-06-13, 11:04 AM
Chrisyyo
Driver School Candidate

Is Springs your only option as this time due to price? I would never put springs on my IS simply for the fact coils or bags is just simply the way to go, before you know it you'll be replacing your stock shocks and at that time you would be spending just as much if not more than if you just bought coils in the first place. If you do go with springs I would go with the road magnets just because its a more aggressive drop at 2'' if I remember correctly. As far as sizing goes im not too sure what you would need but ive been told the ichiba v2 take around 30 mintues, some coming bolt on some extended studs. With someone with no experience, Id leave it to the pros!
Old 05-06-13, 11:14 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I would suggest getting coils instead of springs (plus I think theyre easier to install than springs alone)

Ask your wheel fitment questions here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-here-302.html
Old 05-06-13, 11:24 AM
YawnRager
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Chrisyyo
Is Springs your only option as this time due to price? I would never put springs on my IS simply for the fact coils or bags is just simply the way to go, before you know it you'll be replacing your stock shocks and at that time you would be spending just as much if not more than if you just bought coils in the first place. If you do go with springs I would go with the road magnets just because its a more aggressive drop at 2'' if I remember correctly. As far as sizing goes im not too sure what you would need but ive been told the ichiba v2 take around 30 mintues, some coming bolt on some extended studs. With someone with no experience, Id leave it to the pros!
What is the difference between coils and bags and springs? I'm sorry for noobness, I'm very new to this!
Old 05-06-13, 11:26 AM
YawnRager
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bob4256
I would suggest getting coils instead of springs (plus I think theyre easier to install than springs alone)

Ask your wheel fitment questions here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-here-302.html
What are coils???
Old 05-06-13, 11:42 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by YawnRager
What is the difference between coils and bags and springs? I'm sorry for noobness, I'm very new to this!
Originally Posted by YawnRager
What are coils???
Coils = Coilovers.

Long story short, they are a spring and shock combo that lets you adjust your height and ride quality. With springs, your stuck at the height and however the ride feels. Most people who choose to get springs eventually sell them for coils or bags. Do a search on google for coilovers if you want more detailed info
Old 05-06-13, 11:44 AM
Chrisyyo
Driver School Candidate

So springs are made to not have to worry about adjustability & work just like oem springs. Although you can get away with using your oem shocks id suggest buying better quality shocks so that they dont go out as quick and are more compatible with your "performance" springs. Coils are springs that go over shocks that are able to compress and retract. With these you can ride at your desired height with getting your hands a little dirty. Hence when buying coils they will state the number of dampening levels. In reference to level of drops. Better coils have more dampening levels to adjust for your desired ride. Megan EZ Coils - 15 Levels. Megan LP Coils - 32 Levels. Bags is a term for Airbag suspension which is made for the ballers only. Instantly with a button change your ride height with Air. Welcome to CL lol
Old 05-06-13, 12:19 PM
YawnRager
Driver School Candidate

So springs are made to not have to worry about adjustability & work just like oem springs. Although you can get away with using your oem shocks id suggest buying better quality shocks so that they dont go out as quick and are more compatible with your "performance" springs. Coils are springs that go over shocks that are able to compress and retract. With these you can ride at your desired height with getting your hands a little dirty. Hence when buying coils they will state the number of dampening levels. In reference to level of drops. Better coils have more dampening levels to adjust for your desired ride. Megan EZ Coils - 15 Levels. Megan LP Coils - 32 Levels. Bags is a term for Airbag suspension which is made for the ballers only. Instantly with a button change your ride height with Air. Welcome to CL lol
So accuair is an airbag suspension?
Old 05-06-13, 03:20 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i'm not sure this post is factually accurate.

so instead of pointing out every single inaccuracy, here's a youtube clip explaining the difference between springs and coilovers:

Old 05-06-13, 03:31 PM
Chrisyyo
Driver School Candidate

Not sure what is inaccurate but yeah that gives you a solid "long story short answer" & yes accuair is an airbag suspension, another example is Ksport.
Old 05-06-13, 07:16 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Not sure what is inaccurate but yeah that gives you a solid "long story short answer" & yes accuair is an airbag suspension, another example is Ksport.
Accuair is air management, not air suspension.