IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HELP, who else here has or had the Vortech supercharger ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-13, 01:28 AM
ozzy250
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP, who else here has or had the Vortech supercharger ??

Hey, I recently bought a Vortech supercharger and I managed to get everything to fit in but on the last bit. I was given an identical water pump pulley that suited our original one on the motor. Problem is, when I put the two water pump pulleys together it doesn't line up with the SC pulley so one is facing the radiator more while the other is closer to the engine. If somebody can help me with this then it will be appreciated
Old 05-19-13, 06:25 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Any pics? Member Mikelucci may have some more info on this. He's been doing one recently.
Old 05-20-13, 06:07 AM
ozzy250
Rookie

Well I received an water pulley pump and there's only once place for it to go. The pulley is like a cup with one side flat with holes in it if you get what I mean ? and to me i would of thought that you would put the two flat side next to each other then bolt it up. But when you do that, it doesn't line up with the SC pulley. Therefore if you turn it the other way then it seems alright. But was not sure if this is exactly what you're meant to do....
Attached Thumbnails HELP, who else here has or had the Vortech supercharger ??-983494_4834075456124_1304717723_n.jpg  
Old 05-20-13, 06:30 PM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

You're going to need to do whatever ensures your crank pulley, water, alt, etc pulley line up first. THEN, you will need to take whatever practical means necessary to ensure you get your blower pulley lined up with that stuff. You may need to shim it or add in billet spacers. Whatever you do it needs to be near perfect or you'll walk the belt and shut down your car..

For this reason (among many others) I dislike setups that tie right into the engine belt loop. I could get you a 2nd crank pulley that would spin the Vortech and nothing else. Alignment is much easier and precise when you only need be concerned w a piggyback crank pulley and blower pulley.

Check out my Rotrex:

Last edited by mikellucci; 05-20-13 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-23-13, 05:04 AM
ozzy250
Rookie

Originally Posted by mikellucci
You're going to need to do whatever ensures your crank pulley, water, alt, etc pulley line up first. THEN, you will need to take whatever practical means necessary to ensure you get your blower pulley lined up with that stuff. You may need to shim it or add in billet spacers. Whatever you do it needs to be near perfect or you'll walk the belt and shut down your car..

For this reason (among many others) I dislike setups that tie right into the engine belt loop. I could get you a 2nd crank pulley that would spin the Vortech and nothing else. Alignment is much easier and precise when you only need be concerned w a piggyback crank pulley and blower pulley.

Check out my Rotrex:
Thanks for the help mikellucci, I was given a water pump pulley and was told that, that was used to run with the SC pulley ? The picture I included before was me putting the extra pulley next to the existing one and the way to me that looked safe which is to have it back to back so there's no spaces in between. Doing that (as show in the picture) the pulley is way out compared to the SC pulley. So then I turned it around and cupped it to the existing pulley and it looks like that it lined up pretty good BUT only thing is, by doing that. There is free space in between the two pulleys as it is cupped onto each other ? I can't seem to find any ones set up where it runs off the water pump pulley ?